10 Greatest Moments of the JD Era

InTheZone

1. 2005 MAC Championship- Watching YouTube video of the Getsy to Hixon bomb in the closing seconds of that game still gives me chills2. 2004 Marshall Comeback- We were down 28-7 with 8 minutes left in the game... The thing was over with, the stadium was empty, but the Zips sideline still looked like the kids were playing for a Super Bowl. One of the most amazing comebacks I've ever been witness to at any level. You can really look at that game as the turning point in the wrong direction for Marshall football and I'm glad I was there for it.3. 2006 victory at NC State- At a time where it really looked like our program was turning the corner, JD showed a lot of stones and went for the touchdown and the win on the final play instead of kicking for overtime, a decision that would've likely resulted in a loss. Was Kennedy in? I'm not sure, but that stadium was stunned. Watching the student section chuck bottles at our players as they ran off the field in victory was one of the most satisfying "take that BCS bitch" moments I've ever witnessed. Chucky A's post-game was priceless.4. 2004 Turnaround- Many forget we started that season out 1-4, coming off a 7-5 season, and I know for a fact there were a lot of grumblings around that locker room that this new staff had already lost control of the ship. JD stuck to guns, stuck to his message, inspired a group of seniors to take control of their team, and ripped off 5 victories in a row, coming one half of football short of taking the team to its first MAC title game.5. 2005 Rubber Bowl victory over NIU- The NIU program was flying high at this point, and was definitely the elite program in the conference. The Zips were searching for an identity after a rough opening season loss to Purdue, and came to the Rubber Bowl and physically dominated and manhandled their opponent. Garret Wolfe was tearing up the NCAA, but was held to under 30 yards on the day by the Zips. Great win.6. 2008 Syracuse Victory- Sure, Syracuse sucked, but it was a BCS victory and a day of misery for one Delone Carter, the local product who refused to even give the Zips the time of day.7. 2005 Can't State Turkey Bowl- Blizzard like conditions, a pregame full team melay at mid-field, and our first MAC East title on the line. And we beat the HELL out of the flushes and had fun doing it. Will never forget the "MAC CHAMPS" spelled in the snow in the upper corner of the bowl by a dedicated group of fans.8. 2009 Morgan St... The Opening of Infocision- It had been an eternity coming for Zips fans, and finally, we had our football palace. The team responded in kind before an awesome crowd by taking care of business. It felt good to be a Zips fan that day.9. 2007 OSU First half- All I heard all week was how the mighty Buckeyes were gonna stomp poor little ole Akron U. The looks of some of the Suckeye fans faces at halftime of that game when their "National Championship Caliber" OSWhoers were locked in the battle of their lives with the "lowly" Zips was awesome. Too bad we couldn't bring any offense that day, but it was still a whale of an effort, at least for a half.10. 2009 Can't State victory- We sucked, they were supposedly competing for the MAC East title and riding a wave of new found offense under their fabulous freshman QB. They found out this day that our freshman QB was better, and that Can't State still and always will suck. For all JD's failings, he was 5-1 against the pile of shit from across town. It was his last victory, but it was a great one to have.You made a lot of mistakes and took a lot of wrong turns Coach Brookhart, and in the end you weren't the man for this job, but I personally do thank you for a lot of great memories and accomplishments during your time here, I thank you for your hard work, and I wish you luck in your future endeavors. GO ZIPS!

1. 2005 MAC Championship- Watching YouTube video of the Getsy to Hixon bomb in the closing seconds of that game still gives me chills2. 2004 Marshall Comeback- We were down 28-7 with 8 minutes left in the game... The thing was over with, the stadium was empty, but the Zips sideline still looked like the kids were playing for a Super Bowl. One of the most amazing comebacks I've ever been witness to at any level. You can really look at that game as the turning point in the wrong direction for Marshall football and I'm glad I was there for it.3. 2006 victory at NC State- At a time where it really looked like our program was turning the corner, JD showed a lot of stones and went for the touchdown and the win on the final play instead of kicking for overtime, a decision that would've likely resulted in a loss. Was Kennedy in? I'm not sure, but that stadium was stunned. Watching the student section chuck bottles at our players as they ran off the field in victory was one of the most satisfying "take that BCS bitch" moments I've ever witnessed. Chucky A's post-game was priceless.4. 2004 Turnaround- Many forget we started that season out 1-4, coming off a 7-5 season, and I know for a fact there were a lot of grumblings around that locker room that this new staff had already lost control of the ship. JD stuck to guns, stuck to his message, inspired a group of seniors to take control of their team, and ripped off 5 victories in a row, coming one half of football short of taking the team to its first MAC title game.5. 2005 Rubber Bowl victory over NIU- The NIU program was flying high at this point, and was definitely the elite program in the conference. The Zips were searching for an identity after a rough opening season loss to Purdue, and came to the Rubber Bowl and physically dominated and manhandled their opponent. Garret Wolfe was tearing up the NCAA, but was held to under 30 yards on the day by the Zips. Great win.6. 2008 Syracuse Victory- Sure, Syracuse sucked, but it was a BCS victory and a day of misery for one Delone Carter, the local product who refused to even give the Zips the time of day.7. 2005 Can't State Turkey Bowl- Blizzard like conditions, a pregame full team melay at mid-field, and our first MAC East title on the line. And we beat the HELL out of the flushes and had fun doing it. Will never forget the "MAC CHAMPS" spelled in the snow in the upper corner of the bowl by a dedicated group of fans.8. 2009 Morgan St... The Opening of Infocision- It had been an eternity coming for Zips fans, and finally, we had our football palace. The team responded in kind before an awesome crowd by taking care of business. It felt good to be a Zips fan that day.9. 2007 OSU First half- All I heard all week was how the mighty Buckeyes were gonna stomp poor little ole Akron U. The looks of some of the Suckeye fans faces at halftime of that game when their "National Championship Caliber" OSWhoers were locked in the battle of their lives with the "lowly" Zips was awesome. Too bad we couldn't bring any offense that day, but it was still a whale of an effort, at least for a half.10. 2009 Can't State victory- We sucked, they were supposedly competing for the MAC East title and riding a wave of new found offense under their fabulous freshman QB. They found out this day that our freshman QB was better, and that Can't State still and always will suck. For all JD's failings, he was 5-1 against the pile of shit from across town. It was his next to last victory, but it was a great one to have.You made a lot of mistakes and took a lot of wrong turns Coach Brookhart, and in the end you weren't the man for this job, but I personally do thank you for a lot of great memories and accomplishments during your time here, I thank you for your hard work, and I wish you luck in your future endeavors. GO ZIPS!

Early on JD won the games he was supposed to, and then won some he wasn't supposed to. We had this "How can we win this one" mentality that somehow died after the NC State game.... I have a lot of respect for,JD as a person and as we are all aware he put 100% of what he had into this program. It just wasn't happening....good luck in the future.

Early on JD won the games he was supposed to, and then won some he wasn't supposed to. We had this "How can we win this one" mentality that somehow died after the NC State game.... I have a lot of respect for,JD as a person and as we are all aware he put 100% of what he had into this program. It just wasn't happening....good luck in the future.
that nc state game still haunts me...seems that season and the rest turned after that one...by far the best mem IS the MAC Champeenship game...i was there...my gf,who hates football was jumping around like her son just had a baby(his wife of course)...never got back there again...the '06 season was the beginning of the end...WISTRCILL better not screw this up

Appears that this is a critical time for Dr. P and his administration as it would appear he may be hitting his first crisis. We have a new stadium in which (I believe) we didn't bring in enough fans to cover the debt payment. We have a new and unproven AD at the helm who is making his first coaching choice. It TW blows this thing, the shine will be off ICS by the time we get another crack at this thing and you can be sure Dr. P will be taking some heat for figuring out how we will pay for ICS. Well, Dr. P has been pretty impressive so far, so let's hope it goes well!

Nice list and a good way to close out the JDB era by remembering some of the best moments. I think our first bowl game against Memphis belongs in the list too. Heck of a game even in a loss and the fact that we finally got to one deserves a ranking somewhere in that top ten.

Nice list and a good way to close out the JDB era by remembering some of the best moments. I think our first bowl game against Memphis belongs in the list too. Heck of a game even in a loss and the fact that we finally got to one deserves a ranking somewhere in that top ten.
Agreed. The team never quit trying to win that game against Memphis either. We were in it until the final play. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.Great list. Thank you JD and best of luck to you, your family, and the other coaches.

All good moments.JD couldn't do anything with the players he brought in here even though they were very talented. I remain bullish about next year because I really believe they should have a winning record with the talent on the field. Good days are ahead.