2 deep chart released

zipboy

A few observations.

1. 8 true FR on the 2 deep

2. Kevin Jackson and Antonio Samuel play their way onto the 2 deep. Weren't both walkons?

3. 2 people missing of the 8 FR, Alex Allen (redshirt?) and Balaam. In the last scrimmage McMillan had a few carries and Allen did not. Balaam had a lot of high marks early in camp.

4. Does Zak Anderson get 25 snaps on Saturday?

5. Missing from the 2 deep, Chris Brown. He did a nice job last year as a true FR in a backup role. Depth in the secondary is the most improvement from last season.

6. We are small on the DLine. Let's hope Kiki and Jermaine stay healthy.

A few observations.

1. 8 true FR on the 2 deep

2. Kevin Jackson and Antonio Samuel play their way onto the 2 deep. Weren't both walkons?

3. 2 people missing of the 8 FR, Alex Allen (redshirt?) and Balaam. In the last scrimmage McMillan had a few carries and Allen did not. Balaam had a lot of high marks early in camp.

4. Does Zak Anderson get 25 snaps on Saturday?

5. Missing from the 2 deep, Chris Brown. He did a nice job last year as a true FR in a backup role. Depth in the secondary is the most improvement from last season.

6. We are small on the DLine. Let's hope Kiki and Jermaine stay healthy.

I wouldn't read too much into Allen not being on the RB 2-deep. Everything I've heard points to the staff being very happy with him. There's no shame in being a true Fr. behind Biggs and Kennedy.

I was suprised not to see Elliot Bates on the OL, and Howe behind Rohr at LB.

You are right about the DL size. But then again, that been the story with our DL since...well...since about the day we jumped to 1-A. If all goes well that will change in 2006...but until then...to quote Popeye..."we yam what we yam." I hope someone on the DL steps up and surprises us in 2005.

I also heard Johnny Long is pushing for the starting WR job.

A few observations.

1.  8 true FR on the 2 deep 

2.  Kevin Jackson and Antonio Samuel play their way onto the 2 deep.  Weren't both walkons?

3.  2 people missing of the 8 FR, Alex Allen (redshirt?) and Balaam.  In the last scrimmage McMillan had a few carries and Allen did not.  Balaam had a lot of high marks early in camp.

4.  Does Zak Anderson get 25 snaps on Saturday?

5.  Missing from the 2 deep, Chris Brown.  He did a nice job last year as a true FR in a backup role.  Depth in the secondary is the most improvement from last season.

6.  We are small on the DLine.  Let's hope Kiki and Jermaine stay healthy.

I wouldn't read too much into Allen not being on the RB 2-deep. Everything I've heard points to the staff being very happy with him. There's no shame in being a true Fr. behind Biggs and Kennedy.

I was suprised not to see Elliot Bates on the OL, and Howe behind Rohr at LB.

You are right about the DL size. But then again, that been the story with our DL since...well...since about the day we jumped to 1-A. If all goes well that will change in 2006...but until then...to quote Popeye..."we yam what we yam." I hope someone on the DL steps up and surprises us in 2005.

I also heard Johnny Long is pushing for the starting WR job.

I think I said it on another thread, Elliot Bates hasn't been all that impressive during camp and at times has looked clumsy according to very reliable sources.

Howe has seen one injury after another since spring practice. He missed most of camp and is still not totally healthy. He's just had very bad luck, otherwise I'm sure he'd be starting.

Alex Allen will see a lot of time on special teams and should see a few touches in relief and mop up duty this season.

We look good at WR and RB. Guess I'm suprised to see that Rnger is backup FB. What's the Scoop on the Fr. Joe McDaniel!? I'm sure there has been pleanty of talk around here about him, but I'm drawing a blank. We sure do have a lot of underclassman starting. Not that that's an indication of ability, but I was thinking more in terms of size and strength. We'll need all the help we can get on Saturday. We're going to see a lot of mistakes early on this season.