1350 WARF

Zips Win!

21 hours ago, Lee Adams said:

Does this mean no more French and Dunn???!!!

Absolutely not.  They just moved stations because 1350 is now marketed as a Cleveland station, and 640 is the sister station of 1350.  Everything else is still as is. 

I don't listen  to WARF or WHLO except to listen to the post game show on the way home from a game.

The WHLO tower is located at the intersection of Minor road and South Cleveland -Massillon Rd. in Copley.

Kent State Flashes used this station for the last several years.  

This map is extremely generous with it's day and night signal strength.   At night (which is 7pm in the winter) WHLO must power down to 500 watts.

Most people in northernmost parts of Summit County can not get the signal at night.  Kent fans complained of not getting the signal outside the MACC on winter nights.

whlo day night.png

• 1 month later...

Very said that UA Athletic Administration couldn't have taken the high road. It would not take away from this announcement to thank Frenchy for his many, many years of dedication to broadcasting Zips football and say at a future date Frenchy would be recognized. That would be very classy. Frankly I have seen little from this athletic leadership that I would regard as high values driven. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

It's still strange to me there hasn't been some kind of announcement from the U. thanking him for his years of service. Did he step on someone's toes?

Is Dunn done as well?

Joe’s still on board.

Sucks about Frenchy. For the U not to mention it probably means, yeah, Frenchy must’ve stepped on some toes. 

On 8/28/2020 at 4:25 PM, zipsfan33 said:

Absolutely not.  They just moved stations because 1350 is now marketed as a Cleveland station, and 640 is the sister station of 1350.  Everything else is still as is. 

Cleveland needs three sports talk stations?

The city doesn’t have the talent to staff one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1