Radio Show.........

Z-P

Hey Tommy!

Nice job again last night when you guys finally got on the air.

Your preparation efforts show in the way you move the interviews along. I like that.

Something occurred to me as I listened................first off, I like Joe and Steve. My only criticism is that Steve needs to clean his glasses more often :D , or take off the shades B) at the bowl. Too many mistakes because he can't see numbers. Despite that I like both those guys (and love Joey P).

Anyway, the thing that occurred to me is that these guys live and die with the teams they cover :( . As bad as we all feel when the Zips get cracked, these two feel it also, and have to live closer to it than we do...........exponentially more painful :chair: I'm guessing.

Worse yet, their careers are pinned on the success of the teams.............ouch.

My heart goes out to them this year. We should have done a hell of a lot better. :john: That was our year in sports.......wasted opportunities down the kibo.

They deserved better.............that's all.

Hey Tommy!

Nice job again last night when you guys finally got on the air.

Something occurred to me as I listened................first off, I like Joe and Steve.  My only criticism is that Steve needs to clean his glasses more often :D , or take off the shades  B) at the bowl.  Too many mistakes because he can't see numbers.  Despite that I like both those guys (and love Joey P).

Anyway, the thing that occurred to me is that these guys live and die with the teams they cover :( .  As bad as we all feel when the Zips get cracked, these two feel it also, and have to live closer to it than we do...........exponentially more painful  :chair: I'm guessing.

Worse yet, their careers are pinned on the success of the teams.............ouch.

My heart goes out to them this year.  We should have done a hell of a lot better.  :john: That was our year in sports.......wasted opportunities down the kibo. 

They deserved better.............that's all.

Tommy G does a nice job. I like him too.

I like Frency too (seems like people love him or hate him). I agree that his football glasses are HORRIBLE. Can he get some sort of spotter in the booth to help him out this fall? If you hate Frenchy...take a listen to Bill Needle doing the Can't games sometime.

Dunn - I won't beat on the guy much longer. His "Suzy Sunshine" approach when things are going in the crapper really grates on me. As I stated previously, if the Zips' teams WERE actually "great" he wouldn't be nearly as annoying. Hopefully JD and KD can help out there?

As far as Joe Dunn or Steve French experiencing "exponentially more pain" than me when things go in the crapper...not a chance in hell. If they felt that much pain they'd be dead.

I disagree that their careers are pinned to the success of their teams too. Frenchy has his full-time gig at WNIR and I'm sure Dunn has/had something going on too. And, as unsuccessful as the Zips marquee teams have been over the past 15-or-so years...and through at least 4 AD's and Marketing regimes...Frenchy and Dunn's radio side-jobs seem to have stayed relatively secure.

Just a counter-point, Z-P. You know I luv da man wit da Apple Pie. ;)

Guest ZipAlum76

I agree, great show last night, once the guys finally got on the air.

Did anyone else catch the highlights at the end with the music? Or know how I can get a copy of that? Thats a great job, by whoever put that together. Can't wait for the fall!