CJ's final blog

Did any of you happen to read CJ's final blog? It brought back a lot of painful memories. :cry: Excellent read though. Hopefully next year will be different. I can't wait till August! Here's the link to the blog. http://www.gozips.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPS...TCLID=204889278
For me, it brought back a lot of great memories. You can choose to focus on the negative or you can choose the positive. I'll take the positive every time. Yeah, our Men's Soccer Zips fell short of their goal, but what an unprecendented season! :bow: Thanks for the great blog, CJ. I loved reading it all season. I hope someone will write one next season.

Did any of you happen to read CJ's final blog? It brought back a lot of painful memories. :cry: Excellent read though. Hopefully next year will be different. I can't wait till August! Here's the link to the blog. http://www.gozips.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPS...TCLID=204889278
For me, it brought back a lot of great memories. You can choose to focus on the negative or you can choose the positive. I'll take the positive every time. Yeah, our Men's Soccer Zips fell short of their goal, but what an unprecendented season! :bow:
True dat! We have it this year though. In the finals, my dad won 2 tickets for the finals out in Santa Barbara for this year, and I'm taking that as a good sign! GO ZIPS!

True dat! We have it this year though. In the finals, my dad won 2 tickets for the finals out in Santa Barbara for this year, and I'm taking that as a good sign! GO ZIPS!
I'll be there no matter if there's a rowdie trip or not..I'll in Paris, CA and I'm staying with family and driving to Santa Barbara if I can get all of my fall exams this year to be earlier in the week...

For me, it brought back a lot of great memories. You can choose to focus on the negative or you can choose the positive. I'll take the positive every time. Yeah, our Men's Soccer Zips fell short of their goal, but what an unprecendented season! :bow:
Just wondering -- as I intend to purchase tix as soon as they go on sale -- does Dad have actual tickets, or a voucher? If tix, can you PM me the seat location? Not that I want to sit with you guys, but I wonder how seats are allocated.

Just wondering -- as I intend to purchase tix as soon as they go on sale -- does Dad have actual tickets, or a voucher? If tix, can you PM me the seat location? Not that I want to sit with you guys, but I wonder how seats are allocated.
That's a good question Z.I.P. The majority of the tix in Cary were GA, but that wasn't apparent until we were there. I wonder if it will be the same in Santa Barbara.

Just a short paragraph from College Soccer News praising the teams that had great seasons - The Zips obviously one of them. Oh, so agonizingly close ...Akron - It was great to be an Akron Zip in 2009. Akron reeled off twenty-three consecutive victories equaling the NCAA single season record for consecutive wins in a single season. Caleb Porter’s squad advanced to the National Championship match where they came out on the short end of a penalty kick shootout to Virginia. Although they did not attain their goal of winning the national championship in 2009, Akron had a brilliant season and was the dominant team in college soccer. The Zips were the consensus number one team for the majority of the 2009 season. Their attack, led by Hermann Trophy Award winner Teal Bunbury, netted a total of fifty-eight goals while a tenacious Akron defense recorded nineteen shutouts and allowed opponents to score a total of only seven goals. At the end of the national championship match Akron mentor Porter stated, “What I’ll remember more than anything this year is the way we played this game and how we approached going against the best teams in the country.” He added, “We didn’t hope to win, but expected to win. We didn’t hang on potential results, but dictated the game.” Porter’s comments sum up what was special about the 2009 team and the legacy that they leave for the teams that Akron will put on the pitch in the future. Porter, who has an overall record of 68-12-8 during his four year tenure to date at Akron, was named the 2009 NSCAA National Coach of the Year.