men against boys...

Zipgrad01

McNeese is starting to heat up.I'll all for him shooting whatever he wants when he's hot. Just hopefully Dambrot wont pull him like he usually does when he gets hot.
Btw, did anyone notice that Dambrot sat him for a few minutes after i posted this? He brought him back in and first shot: Buried a 3.
I noticed that, that is when they went on their run. McNees back in, run over.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McNeese is starting to heat up.I'll all for him shooting whatever he wants when he's hot. Just hopefully Dambrot wont pull him like he usually does when he gets hot.
Btw, did anyone notice that Dambrot sat him for a few minutes after i posted this? He brought him back in and first shot: Buried a 3.
I noticed that, that is when they went on their run. McNees back in, run over.
McNeese was the run....ya know the 9 points he's scored this half already?

Zips beat VCU or played them close to even on rebounds, blocks, steals and turnovers. They lost on shooting percentage.
Of course they did. They only scored 53 points. Points scored compared to the other team is the most important statistic. Turnovers, steals, blocks and rebounds lead to scoring opportunities, not necessarily points.In big games, you had better be able to score points and put pressure on the other team. Akron put no pressure on VCU to perform all day.That was just plain bad in every way.

Another opportunity to prove something on a semi-national stage, another craptastic performance from the Zips. Guys looked uninspired and out of sorts. This one falls squarely on coaching. Ever since this game was announced KD took the approach that the game really didn't matter for the Zips and that he didn't even really want to play it. Well guess what KD, you just got embarrased on national TV. You got outcoached, your team got outhustled and you were simply overmatched. Normally I'm not a big critic of KD except for when it comes to scheduling. But one has to wonder if all the talk about being a "sleeping giant" and becoming the "Gonzaga of the East" that we've heard for so many years out of Keith was just a bunch of bull. This coach and this program seems perfectly content just trying to be at or near the top of the conversation in one of the weakest college basketball conferences in the country. There doesn't appear to be much interest at all in making a splash on the national scene. Open challenge here Keith, you want us (the fans) to continue to support you and you want to grow this program, show us you want it. Show us you want to be something more than just one of the top programs in the MAC. As far as individual performances and issues, not much more to say here. Zeke was flat awful today. He kept a few balls alive on the offensive end, but that was about it. His shot selection and finishing ability was as poor as I've ever seen it, and he was really a non-factor on the defensive end. I'm pretty well convinced that none of our big guys could have finished a wide open dunk if they had the opportunity today. Piss poor free throw shooting (a KD staple) and long scoring droughts (again a KD staple) and the Zips lose. Not much else you can say. Ohh well, at least we still have a shot at that #1 seed in the MAC tournament. :rolleyes:

Another opportunity to prove something on a semi-national stage, another craptastic performance from the Zips. Guys looked uninspired and out of sorts. This one falls squarely on coaching. Ever since this game was announced KD took the approach that the game really didn't matter for the Zips and that he didn't even really want to play it. Well guess what KD, you just got embarrased on national TV. You got outcoached, your team got outhustled and you were simply overmatched. Normally I'm not a big critic of KD except for when it comes to scheduling. But one has to wonder if all the talk about being a "sleeping giant" and becoming the "Gonzaga of the East" that we've heard for so many years out of Keith was just a bunch of bull. This coach and this program seems perfectly content just trying to be at or near the top of the conversation in one of the weakest college basketball conferences in the country. There doesn't appear to be much interest at all in making a splash on the national scene. Open challenge here Keith, you want us (the fans) to continue to support you and you want to grow this program, show us you want it. Show us you want to be something more than just one of the top programs in the MAC. As far as individual performances and issues, not much more to say here. Zeke was flat awful today. He kept a few balls alive on the offensive end, but that was about it. His shot selection and finishing ability was as poor as I've ever seen it, and he was really a non-factor on the defensive end. I'm pretty well convinced that none of our big guys could have finished a wide open dunk if they had the opportunity today. Piss poor free throw shooting (a KD staple) and long scoring droughts (again a KD staple) and the Zips lose. Not much else you can say. Ohh well, at least we still have a shot at that #1 seed in the MAC tournament. :rolleyes:
Are you harshly saying all of the "growing" and "building" is an illusion?

+1

Are you harshly saying all of the "growing" and "building" is an illusion?
I think we've grown, and I think we've built since Keith has been here. I don't think anyone can fairly argue that Keith's teams aren't significantly better than Hipsher's teams were, and honestly, under Hipsher we wouldn't have even been in position to get a bracketbuster game against a team like a VCU, so there has been progress. The problem is that we have stalled out all together. We've gotten to the point where we are one of the top programs in the MAC now, but we have no idea where to go from here. There doesn't seem to be any attempt to go for bigger things. We're perfectly content trying to win the MAC tournament to get to the NCAA's, but we have no plan of action after that. Seemingly every time we have an opportunity to show something outside of the MAC we fail. Apparently at this point we aren't even going to try. Just win your 20+ games against a watered down OOC schedule and your crummy West teams, try to win the MAC tournament then bow out early in the NCAA's. Again, we've gotten to a new level for this program by being able to get to and win MAC tournament titles, we just don't seem to know what to do next.

Zips beat VCU or played them close to even on rebounds, blocks, steals and turnovers. They lost on shooting percentage.
Of course they did. They only scored 53 points. Points scored compared to the other team is the most important statistic. Turnovers, steals, blocks and rebounds lead to scoring opportunities, not necessarily points.In big games, you had better be able to score points and put pressure on the other team. Akron put no pressure on VCU to perform all day.That was just plain bad in every way.
Bad that the Zips came within 2 rebounds of a team that was supposed to kill them on the boards?Bad that the Zips had fewer turnovers against a pressing defense that was supposed to cause a Zips meltdown?Bad that the Zips had more steals than the team with the "more athletic" players?Bad that the Zips had more blocked shots than the team with the experienced big with the 7-foot-7 wingspan who's projected to be an NBA lottery pick?Bad that the Zips caused the projected NBA lottery pick to foul out?The Zips played like men against men. They lost because they couldn't get the ball through the hoop. It happens to the biggest, baddest, toughest men who play the sport.One thing I do believe is bad are fans who are so focused on pointing fingers at what went wrong that they refuse to acknowledge any good from the team they claim to support.