Rifle NCAA Championship video link

Zipsrifle

Well below is the information regarding viewing NCAA National Championship Match online. I've never watched online, so it will be interesting. Second year in a row a Zip has been to the NCAA Match! Stop by if for only a few minutes to see what it is all about. I'll try to answer any questions anyone has though I was never good enough to make it to this level. Enjoy.From Coach Engle:-----------------------------------------------------------------Akron Rifle Fans,Please see the below message regarding the live links to this year’s 2010 Men’s and Women’s NCAA Rifle Championships. The broadcast schedule will be:Friday Smallbore: (March 12)Relay 1 at 8amRelay 2 at 10:30amRelay 3 at 1pmRelay 4 at 3:30Finals at 6:15Saturday air rifle: (March 13)Relay 1 at 9am (This is the relay Akron’s Sarah Benjamin is on)Relay 2 at 11:30Finals at 2pmAwards presentations immediately after finals.Please log on and cheer for Sarah and of course, spread the word. Well, off to start up the practice sessions on a beautiful day in Texas.Newt...........http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/c-rifle/spe...mpionships.html (if there are any problems with this link go to gofrogs.com and go to the rifle page) orhttp://www.ncaa.com/sports/c-rifle/champpa...tcol-index.html------------------------------------------------------------Good Luck Sarah!--

Riflenaughts, Last time we heard from you Sarah was a first alternate and was highly unlikely to get in (after we first heard she was in). How did she get in? Did someone else drop? I think there may be too many politics in the NCAA rifle championship selections. ;)

Yes, politics. That is one of the most disgusting things about the selection process. For years I have argued that the selection committee should base the selection on scores, but will they listen? Oh, don't get me started. But if you check it out you will see that they do the same thing in swimming and tennis. It's all politics. I better stop now before I pull something. Agh. politics.

Video still isn't working, but the target watch is working. I guess I would like to see something with a camera on each shooter and next to them is their target. Also, it would help to label the different numbers on the targets as it takes some deciphering to figure out, even for someone experienced in the sport. Sarah's relay appears to be about to start, good luck to her.

Sarah holding her own. Don't know the total score but in this set of targets, she's right in the mix for #2.
The winner going into the final will only drop 10 points or less (score 590 or higher). To have a shot at over taking the leader in the final, one would have to be within a point or two, unless leader does major choking in the final.

Sarah dropped one and at this level, that could be the difference. Still, I'm very impressed with how well she is shooting. Newt and Brian must have a very good method at preparing these shooters as they have shot at a high level at the NCAA's the past two years.
or just lucky :laugh_up:

Stankey is hot! I feel for Bures, I coached him one summer when I was working with the CMP. He can't be taking this well. Carr is working back into it. Lanks, Lorenzen, and Rutter only dropping one so far. Depending on how Bures fares, I think TCU might take home the team trophy. They're VERY good this year.

More thoughts. Where is the time? That would be nice and it would also be nice to click on a shooter and get the total history of their shots, you can only get the current card.
The live match results aren't so live. :( Guess you have to rely on math to get you by in your estimation.

At this point, here is my tally from a perfect score, not including centers:Bures, Alaska = -2Rutter, Alaska = -3Stankey, Mississippi = -3Buck, Army = -5Lorenzen, TCU = -5Lankes, Navy = -5Benjamin, Akron = -8Kim, Nebraska = -8Wang, Navy = -8Lamson, WVU = -8Morrissey, TCU = -8