2011 offers

Morgan Craig a 6'4 245 Pound D.E from Clarks Summit PA was given an offer from akron over the weekend. Akron also offered Paul Gaughan (6'6 28 Pound OL) from Dunmore PA. Gaughan also has offers from a number of larger BCS schools.

also akron is giving serious looks and may be on the verge of offering Paul Gallagher (5'10 190 Pound OLB) and also Adrian Brunori (6'1 265 Pound Center)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New offers: OG Geoff Mogus

OLB Percy Johnson

It sure doesn't seem like we are having any better success in recruiting against the low level BCS teams. I bet Ianello isnt used to losing all of his offers to Indiana!

I predicted this back when he was hired. I said that while he was successful and hailed as a top recruiter at his former employers, they were all BCS schools that sold themselves to a degree, and he wouldn't have anywhere near the resources to do what he did at Notre Dame and Wisconsin. And now his recruiting targets are chosing schools like Indiana and Ball State.

OLB Percy Johnson

It sure doesn't seem like we are having any better success in recruiting against the low level BCS teams. I bet Ianello isnt used to losing all of his offers to Indiana!

I predicted this back when he was hired. I said that while he was successful and hailed as a top recruiter at his former employers, they were all BCS schools that sold themselves to a degree, and he wouldn't have anywhere near the resources to do what he did at Notre Dame and Wisconsin. And now his recruiting targets are chosing schools like Indiana and Ball State.

HAHAHA! I went to elementary school with Geoff Mogus. He's two years younger then me but he was always bigger then everyone my age. Good to see he got an offer from my college and hopefully he signs with us!

OLB Percy Johnson

Exactly right. I mentioned that when he was hired too.

When you come from a big time school, much of the recruiting is by the school itself. Texas, ND, OSU, Florida, USC would have top 25 classes if they sent out blank scholarships and just signed the first 25 that returned them signed.

QB Joe Licata verbals to Buffalo. Never good to lose a recruiting battle to a divisional rival.
Unless that QB sees more playing time elsewhere because he suspects the position could be locked down for 3 years.

Buffalo now has 4 QBs coming in the class of 2010, and Licata is their first of 2011.

QB Joe Licata verbals to Buffalo. Never good to lose a recruiting battle to a divisional rival.
Unless that QB sees more playing time elsewhere because he suspects the position could be locked down for 3 years.

Buffalo now has 4 QBs coming in the class of 2010, and Licata is their first of 2011.

Guess UB's staff isn't happy with those 4 then, probably good decision by him. If QB's at UB get the calls they did against the Zips last year, I'd go there too.

Sounds like Joe is either one confident kid or doesn't have his finger on the pulse of Bull's recruiting.