Guess we aren't the only ones struggling with OU's guards

Quickzips

Seriously now...what good does an Ohio win do for Akron?

Here's the effect of an Ohio win:

- OHIO U earns respect nationally

- OHIO U gets a recruiting edge

- OHIO U gets recognition

How does it help AKRON?

Believe it or not, some of us have hopes of being more than a one-bid conference. What does it say if Ohio wins a game or two and K-ent goes deep in the NIT? These are all small steps toward recognition for the conference. Now we just need to develop an answer from Basset and Cooper. Humpty? D-Rob? Helloooo? Anyone home?

Ohio winning will have no effect on the MAC getting multiple bids.

Winning one game, you are correct. OU goes to the Sweet 16 and K-ENT goes to the semis and there IS an impact, and just maybe not always a one bid conference. To get at large bids you have to prove yours teams can win in the dance.

You have to prove it in the OOC schedule. Previous tourney success means NOTHING. Until the MAC proves it in the OOC schedule and improves their RPI's, they aren't going to be getting at-large bids regardless of how many tourney runs they make.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an impact...for OHIO U. With a little run, OHIO U improves their chances of future at-large bids.

Again, it does nothing for AKRON.

News f-lash. Akron took OHIO U to overtime and Both Akron and Can't went 4-0 during the regular season against OHIO U.

Newsf-lash: That doesn't mean anything to anyone outside of Akron.

Seriously now...what good does an Ohio win do for Akron?

Here's the effect of an Ohio win:

- OHIO U earns respect nationally

- OHIO U gets a recruiting edge

- OHIO U gets recognition

How does it help AKRON?

Believe it or not, some of us have hopes of being more than a one-bid conference. What does it say if Ohio wins a game or two and K-ent goes deep in the NIT? These are all small steps toward recognition for the conference. Now we just need to develop an answer from Basset and Cooper. Humpty? D-Rob? Helloooo? Anyone home?

Ohio winning will have no effect on the MAC getting multiple bids.

Winning one game, you are correct. OU goes to the Sweet 16 and K-ENT goes to the semis and there IS an impact, and just maybe not always a one bid conference. To get at large bids you have to prove yours teams can win in the dance.

You have to prove it in the OOC schedule. Previous tourney success means NOTHING. Until the MAC proves it in the OOC schedule and improves their RPI's, they aren't going to be getting at-large bids regardless of how many tourney runs they make.

If previous tourneys mean nothing then how did Duke get a 1 seed? How did Xavier get a 6 seed?! Trust me, it means something.

I can tell you how this helps Akron.

John Groce isn't going to be at Ohio all that long. His phone is going to be ringing off the hook and Ohio is going to be looking for a new coach again.

Good point! Hey, there is one good thing!

First of all, if they win another game and don't get the MAC tourney next year, they could get an at large because of the two guards. They DO consider stuff like that, and OU has a budding (freshman!) superstar and a superb "other" guard. They want to see the stars play, like when Wally was playing.

BTW, could we trade them infocision stadium for Cooper?

They showed they deserved to be there. And as much as everyone hates to admit it, the Zips probably would not have been able to pull off that upset.

Awesome job, OU.

Totally agree. Gtown had height, OU had shooters who are amazing athletes. It would have been a very poor match for us.

All I want for Christmas is a guard who can shoot like that!

John Groce isn't going to be at Ohio all that long. His phone is going to be ringing off the hook and Ohio is going to be looking for a new coach again.

First of all, if they win another game and don't get the MAC tourney next year, they could get an at large because of the two guards. They DO consider stuff like that, and OU has a budding (freshman!) superstar and a superb "other" guard. They want to see the stars play, like when Wally was playing.

trade one of the nicest stadiums in the country for an overrated guard...I pass

the browns might be down for a trade like that tho

He is not over rated. Three more years of playing against him is downright frightening.

They showed they deserved to be there. And as much as everyone hates to admit it, the Zips probably would not have been able to pull off that upset.

Awesome job, OU.

Totally agree. Gtown had height, OU had shooters who are amazing athletes. It would have been a very poor match for us.

I think Akron would have gotten the 13 seed if they had beat OU in the MAC tournament. But chances are we would have lost anyway considering how bad our defense was throught the tournament.

He is not over rated. Three more years of playing against him is downright frightening.

I wouldn't trade a urinal from Infocision Stadium for him

I'm sorry, I still don't see them getting an at-large...again, it's been 11 years since the MAC's last at-large...why would anything change now?

I also don't think Bassett and Cooper can be thrown in the same group as Wally just yet...

Awesome job, OU.

I think Akron would have gotten the 13 seed if they had beat OU in the MAC tournament. But chances are we would have lost anyway considering how bad our defense was throught the tournament.

I don't know. Gtown, a #3 seed and a top national program had MORE trouble with those two than we did. It may be not so much how bad we were as how good they were.

Are you going to transfer to OU?

I'm sorry, I still don't see them getting an at-large...again, it's been 11 years since the MAC's last at-large...why would anything change now?

I also don't think Bassett and Cooper can be thrown in the same group as Wally just yet...

DJ COOPER IS A FRESHMAN!!!

Just yet has a long way to go.....