The 2011 Recruits Thread

What's our scholarship situation?? Gilliam counts toward the 2010 scholarship class. There were six scholarships open for 2010, so Walsh has to pay for the year he sits out? Does that happen often? I thought he got his release from Xavier.

We have 4 scholarships opening for 2011, assuming no more transfers. Harney, Justice, and Treadwell get three of them for certain. Walsh would seemingly get the fourth unless either Bardo (a grad student could get some other type of financial aid) or Roberts (went back to being a walk-on?) gave up a scholarship to open one up in 2010.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If Rasor's source is correct, I think i figured out where at least one of the extra scholarships is coming from.

This might be the last season you see Cvetinovic. He is only a junior, but will have graduated in advance of next season. His goal is to play professionally in Europe. If that can happen, it will be a difficult decision for him.

If Rasor's source is correct, I think i figured out where at least one of the extra scholarships is coming from.

This might be the last season you see Cvetinovic. He is only a junior, but will have graduated in advance of next season. His goal is to play professionally in Europe. If that can happen, it will be a difficult decision for him.

I would hate to see Nik leave after this year, but I can certainly understand why he would do it. Basketball was a tool for him to get stateside and receive a quality education. Unless he is looking to go to grad school, it sounds like that goal will have been complete. Heading back home where there will be opportunities for him to play professionally would make some sense. I hope it doesn't happen, but if it does I can certainly understand why.

Luckily for the Zips we are incredibly deep at the forward spots heading into next year with Euton, Egner, Treadwell, Harney, Diggs, Gilliam and Green.

I would hate to see Nik leave after this year, but I can certainly understand why he would do it. Basketball was a tool for him to get stateside and receive a quality education. Unless he is looking to go to grad school, it sounds like that goal will have been complete. Heading back home where there will be opportunities for him to play professionally would make some sense. I hope it doesn't happen, but if it does I can certainly understand why.

Luckily for the Zips we are incredibly deep at the forward spots heading into next year with Euton, Egner, Treadwell, Harney, Diggs, Gilliam and Green.

I think he needs to become a better player, if he wants to complete professionally.

I don't care what the level of play is in Luxembourg, it's higher than what he's played at @ UA.

I think he needs to become a better player, if he wants to complete professionally.

I don't care what the level of play is in Luxembourg, it's higher than what he's played at @ UA.

Actually I think he's ready.

http://www.eurobasket.com/Luxembourg/basketball.asp

I heard the same rumor. I don't know what Rasor's source was either, but mine was me talking to Nik, so I feel like that is a pretty reliable source. I would really like to see him stay but I think he wants to go back home and start making some $$$

Is Brian Walsh (the Xavier transfer) eligible to play this year? Where does he fit in, PT-wise?

Is Brian Walsh (the Xavier transfer) eligible to play this year? Where does he fit in, PT-wise?

He is not eligible this year. He has to sit per NCAA rules. He can practice with the team.

Here’s my take on the possibility of Nik leaving after this year to give it a go in Europe. I know when I was pretty close to his age, if I had a concrete goal in front of me that made a world of difference in both my focus and motivation. This season’s early reports seem to indicate that his play has improved considerably. I wouldn’t be surprised to discover that this improvement might largely be attributed to his having established a clear personal goal for this season. After all, his chances to catch on somewhere at the next level would be greatly enhanced by a standout final season at UA. Not that what I desire matters, but if we can really get one season of Nik playing to his full potential, I’m willing to surrender his 4th year of eligibility in return (because if he does reach it this year, the team has a chance to be outstanding). Plus, we have a lot of interesting prospects coming in at forward over the next few seasons.

• 1 month later...

Some updates on Blake Justice.

http://www.maysville-online.com/sports/art...1cc4c002e0.html

The Peebles Indians improved to 4-0 with a 73-45 pasting of Northwest on Tuesday at home.

Senior guard Blake Justice scored 30 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and had five assists for the Indians. Senior guard Tyler McFarland had 17 and senior forward Andy Countryman added 16 for Peebles, which next plays at Manchester on Tuesday evening in the McDonald's Holiday Tournament.

http://www.southeasternohiopreps.com/forum...298&start=0

hangman wrote:

Blake is a tremedus scorer and a game changer, but his defense has really stepped it up this year and i would be interested to know his assist avg, it has to be decent.

Stats for Blake from maxpreps.com per game

25.0 points

6.6 rebounds

4.4 assists

4.0 steals

http://www.southeasternohiopreps.com/forum...f=4&t=77207

it was the best high school basketball game between to excellent teams that i had witnessed in a long time.combs played about the best defense that you could have on justice but he was pulling up from the volley ball line with a hand in his face and still drained them,he was like 13 for 20 from three point line.both benches played well also.pretty evenly matched teams it should be another good one when they play eachother again on jan.25 at peebles.congrats to both teams on a great game and excellent sportsmanship.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update on our other HS recruit. Deji Ibitayo

Rich Central rebounds from McDipper defeats

As long as guard/forward Deji Ibitayo remains a force, the Olympians will be competitive. The senior, who is averaging 17.6 points and 6.8 rebounds per game, is the team’s driving force.

“He’s one of the most well-rounded players in the area,” Parham said. “He affects the game in so many ways. He led us in every category last year and was second in assists.

“He’s a great player.”

Olympians survive techs, Stars in OT

With 3:31 remaining, South big man John Ruffin fouled Central’s Adedeji Ibitayo (19 points) hard and continued shoving after the whistle. There was some extra pushing and shoving and technical fouls were given to both players, but additional technical fouls were given to Central’s Nicholas Collins and Brooks, which meant Brooks’ night was finished due to two technical fouls.

• 2 months later...