Classic coach, classic uniforms?

xu9697

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we want to go the Oregon/Maryland route, we will need to think about tire marks on our shoulders or kangaroo paws somewhere. Or rubber tire helmets! Or something with the blimp. Get creative! Cincinnati does the claw marks on football pants and basketball unis.

I think traditional with a bit of flash would be a nice reflection of what we are and what we want to be (we being UA, NE Ohio, Akron, Bowden).

If we want to go the Oregon/Maryland route, we will need to think about tire marks on our shoulders or kangaroo paws somewhere. Or rubber tire helmets! Or something with the blimp. Get creative! Cincinnati does the claw marks on football pants and basketball unis.

I think traditional with a bit of flash would be a nice reflection of what we are and what we want to be (we being UA, NE Ohio, Akron, Bowden).

I thought about tire marks too. Doesn't have to be "in your face" but could be just a subtle pattern on the helmet and sleeves.

Or the stripe down the middle of the helmet. :) I do find a little irony in the title of the thread, since this was started when Ianello became coach. No ill will toward the topic starter since I understand why and it was before the Ianello "era" started but just looking back and having him referred to as a "Classic Coach" ...

Or the stripe down the middle of the helmet. :) I do find a little irony in the title of the thread, since this was started when Ianello became coach. No ill will toward the topic starter since I understand why and it was before the Ianello "era" started but just looking back and having him referred to as a "Classic Coach" ...

Yeah...personally, I would have much preferred starting a new thread!

Honestly, with a guy Bowden, I think a bit of flash is needed on the unis. While it is funny what another poster said about tire marks (showing that we have been run over), I still think it could be a cool idea. Despite what CK says, something like that is becoming common...duck wings for Oregon, turtle shell for Mayrland, even stained glass for Boston College. And just look at Nike and what they do with basketball unis at Duke, Ohio State, UNC, etc.

Celebrating tires and blimps is better than canal rats and hamburgers!!!

I'm not too big on the "Classic Uniforms". I like what Oregon does with theirs a lot and I think it would be awesome to include pieces of Akron in our uniforms. The goodyear logo, the shoe with wings on it, always seemed cool to me if we could somehow incorporate that (maybe the stickers players put on their helmets?). I think a tire tread pattern on the helmets would be awesome or maybe a subtle tread pattern in the Akron and Zips font or the player's numbers.

No matter what someone thinks specifically about what is right or wrong with the current uniforms, we need something new. A new coach with this much new energy and 3 years of watching the players in those uniforms...just time for some change. We can throw out the old ones as the worst 2+years of UA football.

No matter what someone thinks specifically about what is right or wrong with the current uniforms, we need something new. A new coach with this much new energy and 3 years of watching the players in those uniforms...just time for some change. We can throw out the old ones as the worst 2+years of UA football.

They need to be something that stands us apart from the rest of the MAC. Something cool that can attract recruits. Not necessarily over-the-top like Oregon or Maryland, but something can can give the team a variety of combinations and represent a new era. Give me 2 helmets (Blue-Gold), 3 Jerseys (Blue-White-Gold alt) and 3 pants (Gold-Blue-White). Would leave us open to seeing a lot of cool combos!

We'll look dadgum cool!

They need to be something that stands us apart from the rest of the MAC. Something cool that can attract recruits. Not necessarily over-the-top like Oregon or Maryland, but something can can give the team a variety of combinations and represent a new era. Give me 2 helmets (Blue-Gold), 3 Jerseys (Blue-White-Gold alt) and 3 pants (Gold-Blue-White). Would leave us open to seeing a lot of cool combos!

We'll look dadgum cool!

He said dadgum :rock:

• 6 months later...

Sorry for bringing up this old thread again. But, it looks like they will be wearing the same JD/RI uniforms this season. This past week they were shooting the intro videos at the stadium and the photos showed players in the usual uniforms. Not that it's really important, but I'm kind of disappointed. I understand that we aren't exactly swimming in cash but you'd think UA would want to do everything we could to forget the past 3 years...

Here's a link to the facebook page that had the gallery ZipsFB. I will say that the company that UA hires, Pritt Entertainment Group, to do the football videos is top notch.

Sorry for bringing up this old thread again. But, it looks like they will be wearing the same JD/RI uniforms this season. This past week they were shooting the intro videos at the stadium and the photos showed players in the usual uniforms. Not that it's really important, but I'm kind of disappointed. I understand that we aren't exactly swimming in cash but you'd think UA would want to do everything we could to forget the past 3 years...

Here's a link to the facebook page that had the gallery ZipsFB. I will say that the company that UA hires, Pritt Entertainment Group, to do the football videos is top notch.

I don't care if they play in their jockstraps as long as they win.

• 2 weeks later...
These are the uniforms Notre Dame will wear for its Oct. 6

game against Miami that will be played at Soldier Field in Chicago.

The asymmetrical helmets are pretty ugly. But I think the metallic gold numbers a cool. Wouldn't mind seeing the Zips wear a jersey similar to that, just switch the fonts around.

I am quite surprised that we have not ADVERTISED something new. However, in the past few seasons, we have broken out a few changes with zero notice. BG has new mismatched orange unis, OU has new black unis, Toledo has a new matte helmet. Maybe we have to win at least 4 games to make changes.

I am quite surprised that we have not ADVERTISED something new. However, in the past few seasons, we have broken out a few changes with zero notice. BG has new mismatched orange unis, OU has new black unis, Toledo has a new matte helmet. Maybe we have to win at least 4 games to make changes.

...or sell more than 4,000 tickets per season to afford changes.

Those are actually pretty cool. The tire treads obviously have dual meaning - which would be necessary, because we won't be getting run over any more :)

If the fans support the team (or as I've heard Coach Bowden say, "we need fannies in the seats") - the money will be there to do some of these things.

You should've entered that t-shirt contest they had!

Put me in the: "Keep the current uniforms and just win games" camp.

Any coach can tell a recruit "and we're looking into new Uniforms!" and that should be enough. We've changed uniforms enough in the past that it is believable.

P.S. I like the wingfoot idea. Maybe put the logo on the socks or something.

Put me in the: "Keep the current uniforms and just win games" camp.

Any coach can tell a recruit "and we're looking into new Uniforms!" and that should be enough. We've changed uniforms enough in the past that it is believable.

P.S. I like the wingfoot idea. Maybe put the logo on the socks or something.

We've actually only changed uniforms twice since the new logos were introduced in 2002. We had the Ram's ripoffs, and now the more modern design. Most schools, even the small ones, change about every 2-3 years. Nowadays with the Oregon-Maryland-Oklahoma State's of the world, it's even more common.

• 4 months later...