Basketball Scheduling Gone Electronic

Basketball Travelers Inc.

This page is totally new to me, but it seems like sort of a linkedin/amazon.com page for scheduling college basketball games.

It appears to be completely legit as the Zips, Flas hes, and Bobcats staff are on there looking for games to schedule with names, emails and phone numbers included.

I guess this is just part of the scheduling process... It was interesting to just randomly stumble across something like this. I thought that the whole process was somehow more closely guarded and sort of guided by some NCAA governing body somehow. But I guess the "business" of college basketball is just like anything else and networking is networking.

If any of the basketball posters know more about the whole basketball scheduling process and the hierarchy of it all, I'd be very interested in learning about how they go about the entire process.

Zips Basketball 2010-11? :champs:

This page was discussed extensively on here about a month or so ago. Not sure if Akron actually uses this service, but clearly some of our conferencemates do (OU, NIU and WMU are all up there right now). It appears to be pretty legit. Very surprised that something like this would be on the open web. You would expect that maybe a private service like this would be available through the NCAA, but not just open on the web for everyone to see.

First Entry on list.

Ohio University Aaron Fuss

For a team looking to get two guarantee's in one trip, and play two MAC opponents, come and play a guarantee against Akron on Dec 12 or 13 and then Ohio University on the 15th. Contracts will be drawn seperately. Please contact Aaron Fuss at Ohio University for more information on the amount of the huge guarantee.

Guarantee - Offered, 2010-2011 04/22/2010 - 1:06pm

Zips Offer 1:

Akron Dan Peters

We have one guarantee game to offer, rooms could be included. With available dates. Please contact Dan Peters.

Guarantee - Offered, 2010-2011 04/13/2010 - 11:49am

Zips offer 2:

Akron Dan Peters

We want to start a home and home series in 2010-2011. First game needs to be in Akron. We have a number of dates available. Please contact Dan Peters.

Home & Home, 2010-2011 04/13/2010 - 11:46am