Hunter Interview

Captain Kangaroo

Interesting story. I've mentioned before that Hunter has his work cut out for him for very unique reasons.

CCU is next to Myrtle Beach in Conway, SC. Just drove by there earlier this week and they have a new football stadium that looks great. Facilities aren't all that bad for that level of school.

Hunter's problem centers around how to draw people to sporting events in an area where there are a ton of things to do. People move somewhere like Myrtle Beach because they care about things other than football and basketball. There are three types of people who live along the coast of South Carolina (Charleston especially, but it applies to most places):

1. Old money

2. New money

3. No money

Old money and new money are typically not from there and could care less about going to a football game. The no money people can't afford to take a crap so they have no money to go to a game. I think the challenge becomes reminding the new money about how much they liked football when they lived in the north. Old money goes to USC and Clemson games so they think it is beneath them to go to CCU games.

I do know this. Creating a family atmosphere is not the answer. Beach bums like nothing more than drinking and trying to bang their next door neighbor's wife who spends her days drinking bourbon behind shut blinds like a good southern woman does. Create a party atmosphere and they will turn out in droves. Hooters girls, oil wrestling, wet t-shirt contests and beer pong will get the Myrtle Beach locals out, not clowns and cotton candy.

Interesting story. I've mentioned before that Hunter has his work cut out for him for very unique reasons.

CCU is next to Myrtle Beach in Conway, SC. Just drove by there earlier this week and they have a new football stadium that looks great. Facilities aren't all that bad for that level of school.

Hunter's problem centers around how to draw people to sporting events in an area where there are a ton of things to do. People move somewhere like Myrtle Beach because they care about things other than football and basketball. There are three types of people who live along the coast of South Carolina (Charleston especially, but it applies to most places):

1. Old money

2. New money

3. No money

Old money and new money are typically not from there and could care less about going to a football game. The no money people can't afford to take a crap so they have no money to go to a game. I think the challenge becomes reminding the new money about how much they liked football when they lived in the north. Old money goes to USC and Clemson games so they think it is beneath them to go to CCU games.

I do know this. Crating a family atmosphere is not the answer. Beach bums like nothing more than drinking and trying to bang their next door neighbor's wife who spends her days drinking bourbon behind shut blinds like a good southern woman does. Create a party atmosphere and they will turn out in droves. Hooters girls, oil wrestling, wet t-shirt contests and beer pong will get the Myrtle Beach locals out, not clowns and cotton candy.

Hot damn, it almost makes me want to be a Chanticleer! :D

1. Old money

2. New money

3. No money

I do know this. Crating a family atmosphere is not the answer. Beach bums like nothing more than drinking and trying to bang their next door neighbor's wife who spends her days drinking bourbon behind shut blinds like a good southern woman does. Create a party atmosphere and they will turn out in droves. Hooters girls, oil wrestling, wet t-shirt contests and beer pong will get the Myrtle Beach locals out, not clowns and cotton candy.

Hot damn, it almost makes me want to be a Chanticleer! :D

When in Rome......

Hunter's problem centers around how to draw people to sporting events in an area where there are a ton of things to do. People move somewhere like Myrtle Beach because they care about things other than football and basketball. There are three types of people who live along the coast of South Carolina (Charleston especially, but it applies to most places):1. Old money 2. New money 3. No money

I do know this. Creating a family atmosphere is not the answer. Beach bums like nothing more than drinking and trying to bang their next door neighbor's wife who spends her days drinking bourbon behind shut blinds like a good southern woman does. Create a party atmosphere and they will turn out in droves. Hooters girls, oil wrestling, wet t-shirt contests and beer pong will get the Myrtle Beach locals out, not clowns and cotton candy.

I just drove by there a couple weeks ago, as we were driving by I noticed lots of hot chicks. That's how I would advertise. From the hour that I spent in that area, I think I agree with everything you wrote. For what it's worth, the Hooters waitress gave us the same breakdown of the area economy.

For what it's worth, the Hooters waitress gave us the same breakdown of the area economy.

Hooters girls are surprisingly well-schooled on economics. These girls were on Face the Nation discussing the Greek economic crisis last Sunday. First time I ever watched that show in it's entirety.

hooters1007.jpg

For what it's worth, the Hooters waitress gave us the same breakdown of the area economy.

Hooters girls are surprisingly well-schooled on economics.

And physics along with all of the strippers going to graduate school to get a physics degree.

They should know. Between working at Hooters during the lunch rush and The Doll House from 7-1, those girls make a ton of money.

• 3 weeks later...

They should know. Between working at Hooters during the lunch rush and The Doll House from 7-1, those girls make a ton of money.

There were 6 customers and 7 girls working at 12:30 to 1:45 pm on April 12th. I left a decent tip, but if they have to split that, it ain't goin' too far.

There were 6 customers and 7 girls working at 12:30 to 1:45 pm on April 12th. I left a decent tip, but if they have to split that, it ain't goin' too far.

You were there in the off season for Myrtle Beach. Most golfers are done by then and its too early for the tourists, school is still in session.

Soth Caolina is a tough place for the ladies. All the rich men are off hiking the Appalachian Trail. :D

Soth Caolina is a tough place for the ladies. All the rich men are off hiking the Appalachian Trail. :D

Governor Sanford is anything but rich. That freeloading sack of crap didn't have a pot to piss in when he married his now ex-wife. His ex-wife is the daughter of the Skill Tool family and is rich beyond belief. Her family can be traced back to the original settlers of South Carolina. In fact, she has a beautiful home on Sullivans Island. I drove by it last week. She is part of the Sullivan family tree.

The trips out of country on a state plane is actually a crime regardless of your views. The attorney general not throwing the book at him is a dereliction of duty, but why should we expect anything more out of our politician these days....

You were there in the off season for Myrtle Beach. Most golfers are done by then and its too early for the tourists, school is still in session.

Between working at Hooters and stripping, some of those girls, if they are really "talented" can easily make in excess of $1,000 per day during the summer months and golf season. That is typically a five month period. Throw in some prostitution every now and then and they are really raking it in.