Tressel Never Quit Recruiting Howard

Dispatch Column

For those of you that didn't have sufficient incentive to root against Ohio State...here's a gift for you.

But honestly...after reading Howard's comments...Tressel can have him.

"My chances of going to the NFL from Akron are a little less than it would be if I go (to Ohio State)."

His chances of being the next Maurice Clarrett are also increased (if he goes to Ohio State).

They can have him........ when they are recruiting stud RB like jamaal berry and the new kid coming in, howard will never see the field. Ive watched him more then a few times and my outlook on him is that he is lazy. Seeing him play in that All Star game in columbus last friday proved that, after missing tackles and jumping up and blaming his fellow teammates for not making the tackle also.... and seeing him TAP a guy on his shoulderpad while he was running along the sideline. If howard wants to play he is a monster, but the problem is (and he said it himself in the article) is that he is lazy. good luck with that career at tiffin, because you will never play at ohio state.

Anybody want to bet that this kid never takes a hand off during a regular season game at Cowlumbus State?

Mr. Football's & Mr. Basketball's with his attitude always seem to drop off the face of the earth.

I predict he finishes his "career" at Tiffin.

Howard could never make grades at Tiffin.

Howard just toileted himself. Good ridance.

F Jim Tressel and F Ohio State. Done.

Oh, wouldn't that be a recruiting violation after he signed his NLOI? Not that those pesky 'rules' apply to the Suckeyes and their faithful.

The top teams always play by the rules and it's all about competition! B) Clearly we need to consider contraction.... It's the only for the BCS to level the field! :rolleyes:

Sorry i'm hijacking, but i couldn't pass that one up!

Anybody want to bet that this kid never takes a hand off during a regular season game at Cowlumbus State?

Mr. Football's & Mr. Basketball's with his attitude always seem to drop off the face of the earth.

I predict he finishes his "career" at Tiffin.

So I take it Shawnee St doesn't have football, eh? I recall how Coleman Crawford knocked himself -- and his program -- out trying to recruit and make eligible the oldest Lavender (Antoine?) out of HS, never could get his grades up to Akron's "all-comers" level, and his career ended at Shawnee in NAIA, I think.

I'm rooting for him to be successful at whatever he does and wherever he goes to school. I have bailed out my neighbors who couldn't pay their mortgage and I've bailed out car companies and financial institutions and helped people buy new cars and houses and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure how many more people I can bail out, so if we could not add him to the list I'd really appreciate it.

OK, if Tressel continued to recruit him, isn't this something the NCAA should look into?

Attention Akron media!!!!! This is called a "potential story". Try to pull yourselves away from Lebron James for a few minutes and try to do something interesting. I'll give all of you some help. Start with the following people. Mr. Howard, Coach Tressel, the tOSU AD, the UofA AD, Coach I and the North Canton head coach.

I will give all the media some further help. Coach Tressel is a public employee and his phone is paid for by the state. They belong to all of us and we have access to his records through a FOI petition. Petition to get your hands on his cell phone bills and his office phone bills. See if there are any calls to Howard, his family or the North Canton head coach since he signed with UofA. Find out where he has been traveling to by getting your hands on travel receipts.

Personally, I could care less of Howard goes to tOSU. He never wanted to attend UofA. I think this would make for an interesting investigation though.

OK, if Tressel continued to recruit him, isn't this something the NCAA should look into?

Attention Akron media!!!!! This is called a "potential story". Try to pull yourselves away from Lebron James for a few minutes and try to do something interesting. I'll give all of you some help. Start with the following people. Mr. Howard, Coach Tressel, the tOSU AD, the UofA AD, Coach I and the North Canton head coach.

I will give all the media some further help. Coach Tressel is a public employee and his phone is paid for by the state. They belong to all of us and we have access to his records through a FOI petition. Petition to get your hands on his cell phone bills and his office phone bills. See if there are any calls to Howard, his family or the North Canton head coach since he signed with UofA. Find out where he has been traveling to by getting your hands on travel receipts.

Personally, I could care less of Howard goes to tOSU. He never wanted to attend UofA. I think this would make for an interesting investigation though.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I agree. I mentioned that when he signed and got the usual responses. The kid has character issues. He thinks he is a lot better than he really is. He will not play at OSU even if he makes grades. If he thinks he will have a better chance of making it to the NFL by riding the bench at OSU than by starting at Akron, he is dumber than I thought.

I agree. I mentioned that when he signed and got the usual responses. The kid has character issues. He thinks he is a lot better than he really is. He will not play at OSU even if he makes grades. If he thinks he will have a better chance of making it to the NFL by riding the bench at OSU than by starting at Akron, he is dumber than I thought.

I don't know enough about him to know whether or not he has character issues. I don't think Tressel really cares about character. Tressel has shown an ability to swallow bad character kids if it helps him win. He did it as far back as YSU and he still does it today. My issue has always been with the fact that he really never wanted to come to UofA so why would they want him so bad?

I have also never seen him play so I don't know how good he really is. I do know a lot can change in a year or two so he may be better in a couple of years. Time will tell.

What media will be willing to do that? the ABJ? 95% of their readers are buckeyes firts fans. Why would the ABJ write a story that will piss their readers and make them loose subscribers?

What media will be willing to do that? the ABJ? 95% of their readers are buckeyes firts fans. Why would the ABJ write a story that will piss their readers and make them loose subscribers?

They won't lose subscribers. How often does the ABJ report on the bungling of some issue by the Browns or Indians? They take delight in ripping their sports teams, but OSU enjoys immunity from that for some reason.

This is quite a quote from the linked article:

"Tressel has been on me to come," he said.

Have the little sweater-vested dork and Howard been knocking boots? Is that the kind of recruiting that little hobbit engages in at the Most Bland Gigantic University In The Land?

:rofl:

They won't lose subscribers. How often does the ABJ report on the bungling of some issue by the Browns or Indians? They take delight in ripping their sports teams, but OSU enjoys immunity from that for some reason.

What people don't understand is Tressel can do anything he wants to do. tOSU fans believe anything the guy says. There could be a video of him robbing a bank in a red sweater-vest and he would make a public statement saying he didn't do it and tOSU fans would believe every word then demand the resignation of the police chief for making up the story.

The ABJ posted the AP version of the story, not bothering to write their own.

You would think with how big high school sports and OSU are around here they would have their own take on it. Then again, they might not want to because it's hard for OSU not to look bad.

[/quote

Thank god this self absorbed slime ball decided to go to prep school and not come here. We don't need him or anyone like him. That is a cancer to a program if I ever saw one.

If he is correct and Tressel kept recruiting him after he signed his LOI, he should be immediately relieved of his duties as coach and the school should be placed on NCAA sanctions. There is no place for that garbage. However, Howard doesn't seem to be the most trustworthy character from the way he lied and misled the Akron community and coaches. I just hope the NCAA and or the Ohio State University is doing an investigation.