Ennis getting some love

Am I seeing that video wrong are or we getting a PG who has the ability to throw down? The last play where he throws down over two defenders looks flat sick. I've got to say, with Abreu and Ennis on board, I really like the looks of our PG position long term. Hopefully these two get to campus, stay healthy and live up to expectations (hopefully all of our recruits do).

Very nice! He really fills an area of need. Have we had a PG who could throw down since Jimmal Ball? I'm not sure we have, but even the fact that I have to sit here and think this hard about it is pretty pathetic! Good to see an explosive ball handler coming to the Zips!

I loved Humpty. Like I said in a previous post, he was my favorite player on the team. His quickness and ball handling reminded me of Jimmal Ball. But Humpty wasn't nearly as explosive. I don't know how many times last year Humpty got blocked on a breakaway layup, where Jimmal would have thrown it down.

I can't wait to see Dylan cross over & drive, drain a three, or dunk on the breakaway.

Now... all we need is a 2G who can dunk!!! (Once again... pathetic! :lol: ) Lol.

Very nice! He really fills an area of need. Have we had a PG who could throw down since Jimmal Ball? I'm not sure we have, but even the fact that I have to sit here and think this hard about it is pretty pathetic! Good to see an explosive ball handler coming to the Zips!

I loved Humpty. Like I said in a previous post, he was my favorite player on the team. His quickness and ball handling reminded me of Jimmal Ball. But Humpty wasn't nearly as explosive. I don't know how many times last year Humpty got blocked on a breakaway layup, where Jimmal would have thrown it down.

I can't wait to see Dylan cross over & drive, drain a three, or dunk on the breakaway.

Now... all we need is a 2G who can dunk!!! (Once again... pathetic! :lol: ) Lol.

Ask and ye shall receive

Unfortunatly he has to sit out a year, but...Dylan won't be here til next year anyways so....

I tend to overlook the outside shooting in these videos because they only show the ones that go in, and who knows how many misses are on the cutting room floor? But a PG slamming over two bigger defenders definitely catches your attention. More importantly, Ennis appears to really know how to get the ball to his teammates.

It also appears as if Ennis has grown an inch to 6-1. In the previous ZN.O discussion about him, when he was listed at 6-0, it was mentioned that there was a good chance that he might add a little height by the time he arrived in Akron.

Here's a recent Ennis review on ChicagoHoops.com:

Akron has a recruiting steal on their hands with Class of 2011 Lake Forest Academy star Dylan Ennis of Team NLP. Ennis has been absolutely terrific this spring with superb showings at both the Nike Spring Showdown In Indiana, and also this past weekend at the Spiece Run N' Slam. Ennis was at his best in the 17-U Gold Division playoffs of Spiece against a loaded Seattle Rotary team that is among the best in the country. Team NLP took Seattle Rotary to overtime before falling. However, Ennis was sensational in the second half scoring from all points of the floor, and nearly willed his team to victory in a game that wasn't decided until the final seconds of overtime.

ChicagoHoops.com Link

Ask and ye shall receive

Unfortunatly he has to sit out a year, but...Dylan won't be here til next year anyways so....

Yessssssssss!!! Not only can Gilliam kiss the rim, but the dude is HUGE!!! He's got guns an outside linebacker would be proud of! :rock:

Ennis is the guy that I am most excited about. We will have some real race horses in our backcourt. IMO, Keith will have no other choice but to turn them loose and let them run the floor. I think we will be in for some really entertaining basketball, should be a lot of fun !

+1

With Abreu and Ennis in the backcourt should be very entertaining. Then you add on Michael Green, Josh Egner, and some of the other recruits, we should be looking at some entertaining basketball in the near future.

I can just imagine Diggs, Egner, Abreu, Ennis, and Euton on a fast break...