24/7 LeBron

GP1

Can someone please make it stop.....?

Try living in NEO right now. The Cleveland media won't shut up. With the exception of Brad Sellers these guys are driving me insane.

P.S. Some guy at a bar in Lakewood was holding a sign that read "Take Akron with you". :lol:

People are so stupid. From the article: "The fans also are free to wonder what happened to the guy who accepted his first MVP award at his old St. Vincent-St. Mary gym, the next at the University of Akron -- and both times, talking so warmly and sincerely about being at home."

Umm, hey douche-bag, he is at home @ St. V & @ UA & anywhere in Akron. What's that have to do with Cleveland at all? Answer: it doesn't.

Our Akron boy is free to play professionally where ever he wants. Especially considering Akron doesn't have an NBA franchise.

Rot in hell, Cleveland. Be gone to the cellar, Cavs. Our Akron boy's gonna be playing for championships in South Beach! And living in Akron.

Dan Gilbert's open letter. It's epic. And in Comic Sans, no less.

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

I thought this was going to be over at 10 PM. Can someone please make it stop.....?

Just as I said this morning in my agreement to your post...this would not end at 10 pm. This will go on and on and on.

Take comfort, GP1, in that you are a Steelers fan...I know you've had to deal with the Roethlesberger crap, but LeBron's announcement has now become "The Decision" so that they could dredge up "The Fumble", "The Drive", yada, yada, yada...forever and ever! F LeBron and F anything with which LeBron is associated! LeBron can say his heart is in Akron/NEO, but that is BullSH*T! If that were true, he would understand the ramifications of making such a huge spectacle on national television of crapping on NE Ohio.

Can someone please make it stop.....?

Try living in NEO right now. The Cleveland media won't shut up. With the exception of Brad Sellers these guys are driving me insane.

P.S. Some guy at a bar in Lakewood was holding a sign that read "Take Akron with you". :lol:

Actually, I like that sign. A LOT! Clevelanders can say screw Akron and we can say screw Cleveland.

We need to quit acting like Cleveland's little brother and only finding our identity in what our big brother up the street is doing. Screw that and screw Cleveland. The Cavs are gonna SUCK and I'm not gonna care because I'm from Akron. Akron should now be South Beach North.

Our hometown boy's loyal to us and we're gonna be loyal to him. Cleveland can burn. Win some championships in South Beach LBJ & bring home some more MVP's.

I thought this was going to be over at 10 PM. Can someone please make it stop.....?

Just as I said this morning in my agreement to your post...this would not end at 10 pm. This will go on and on and on.

Take comfort, GP1, in that you are a Steelers fan...I know you've had to deal with the Roethlesberger crap, but LeBron's announcement has now become "The Decision" so that they could dredge up "The Fumble", "The Drive", yada, yada, yada...forever and ever! F LeBron and F anything with which LeBron is associated! LeBron can say his heart is in Akron/NEO, but that is BullSH*T! If that were true, he would understand the ramifications of making such a huge spectacle on national television of crapping on NE Ohio.

Again, this misguided sentiment couldn't be more off the mark. LeBron's repeated ad nauseum that he loves AKRON and is from AKRON and is loyal to AKRON and lives in AKRON and does everything for AKRON. He's never ONCE said he's loyal to Cleveland. He knows where he's from.

I thought this was an AKRON board.

With the exception of Brad Sellers these guys are driving me insane.
Brad Sellers was awesome tonight. I flicked back and forth most of the night, channel 5 wins for professionalism. Channel 19 wins for most junior high comments ever. They made me laugh, I can't get over how dumb they looked. This announcement reminds me of 2000 presidential elections of Gore/Bush.

I thought this was an AKRON board.

WRONG This is a UA Board, not an Akron Board. Sorry, I'm from Northeast Ohio, not Cleveland or Akron.

So after being born and raised on the Browns, Indians, Cavaliers, and 44 years of living and dying with them, I'm suppose to just turn my back on them for some selfish, attention hound, prima donna like we've never seen before who turns his back on NE Ohio fans who have kissed his butt for years?

He can play that "I'm from Akron" card all he wants, I personally don't care. He turned me off with this three year circus, building up to a one hour special to crap on Cleveland fans on national TV.

Just because you're from Akron doesn't mean I have to like you...

Just because you're from Akron doesn't mean I have to like you...
He sure put Akron on the map last night didn't he? This couldn't have turned out any worse for Akron if you ask me. I think it was Andy Baskin last night that made a good analogy. Remember how you (LeBron) felt when KD deserted you in high school? Now the shoe is on the other foot. Embarrassing. ZipsWin was right all along. I didn't see any of this coming. It seemed to me like LeBron always made the right decision. I don't even think when he announced last night, HE thought he made the right decision. The biggest decision of his life, and he "changes his mind from day to day?" Crazy. Should have slept on it until it felt right for a week, not 11 hours. KD was interviewed last night on channel 8 (I think) he said something like "I'm an Akron-man, I'm disappointed he didn't stay" Nothing to harsh, but you could hear the pain in his voice over the phone.

Take comfort, GP1, in that you are a Steelers fan...I know you've had to deal with the Roethlesberger crap, but LeBron's announcement has now become "The Decision" so that they could dredge up "The Fumble", "The Drive", yada, yada, yada...forever and ever!

LBJ leaving Cleveland doesn't come close to the trainwrecks that were The Fumble, Drive and Shot. Or even the way in which the Marlins won. The Cavs made the finals once with LBJ and they were run out of the gym in four games. I'm convinced that if the fumble doesn't happen and the drive doesn't happen, but Browns win the Super Bowl or at least had a better shot at winning than the Cavs did in the finals. For those of you too young to remember, the Browns were as good those two years as the 49ers were with Montana. They had it all going on. The Indians were on the edge of winning the World Series and blew it. The Cavs were just as good the year of the Shot if not better than the current Cavs team. LBJ leaving doesn't measure up to these disasters.

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion. The Cavs can win without LBJ. The economy of Cleveland is not going to get any worse because LBJ is leaving. The economy of Cleveland is not going to fold because some factory in China is now making Miami jerseys in lieu of Cavs jerseys. The economy of cleveland is not going to fold because a couple less parking attendants are not working. It is all such nonsense.

Take comfort, GP1, in that you are a Steelers fan...I know you've had to deal with the Roethlesberger crap, but LeBron's announcement has now become "The Decision" so that they could dredge up "The Fumble", "The Drive", yada, yada, yada...forever and ever!

LBJ leaving Cleveland doesn't come close to the trainwrecks that were The Fumble, Drive and Shot. Or even the way in which the Marlins won. The Cavs made the finals once with LBJ and they were run out of the gym in four games. I'm convinced that if the fumble doesn't happen and the drive doesn't happen, but Browns win the Super Bowl or at least had a better shot at winning than the Cavs did in the finals. For those of you too young to remember, the Browns were as good those two years as the 49ers were with Montana. They had it all going on. The Indians were on the edge of winning the World Series and blew it. The Cavs were just as good the year of the Shot if not better than the current Cavs team. LBJ leaving doesn't measure up to these disasters.

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion. The Cavs can win without LBJ. The economy of Cleveland is not going to get any worse because LBJ is leaving. The economy of Cleveland is not going to fold because some factory in China is now making Miami jerseys in lieu of Cavs jerseys. The economy of cleveland is not going to fold because a couple less parking attendants are not working. It is all such nonsense.

+1

I agree with this pretty much. It's been an opinion of mine that the 91-92 Cavs team would have thumped these recent 2 teams. Mostly because of talent and basketball dilution in Vince McMahan ... er .. David Sterns NBA.

And the effect on the economy that the sports writers have been talking about is overblown. After all, it's not like Michael Symon is leaving town or something important. ;)

Go Zips.

Some great comments here. I'm sure plenty of Cleveland people will say that he "alienated his hometown". But maybe this will finally make it clear to them, and the national media, that LeBron is from AKRON not CLEVELAND. And I expect that he will continue to do the great things he's always done for HIS HOMETOWN OF AKRON for many years to come.

LBJ leaving Cleveland doesn't come close to the trainwrecks that were The Fumble, Drive and Shot.

...the Browns were as good those two years as the 49ers were with Montana.

The economy of Cleveland is not going to get any worse because LBJ is leaving.

LBJ leaving Cleveland doesn't come close to the trainwrecks that were The Fumble, Drive and Shot.

Please expand.

+1

I agree with this pretty much. It's been an opinion of mine that the 91-92 Cavs team would have thumped these recent 2 teams. Mostly because of talent and basketball dilution in Vince McMahan ... er .. David Sterns NBA.

And the effect on the economy that the sports writers have been talking about is overblown. After all, it's not like Michael Symon is leaving town or something important. ;)

Go Zips.

It's hard to say how much this will effect the entire Cleveland economy, but it's certainly not good news. I think that the overblown bar and restaurant district which surrounds the arena will definitely suffer.

The AKRON Beacon headlines are disgraceful this a.m. The fact that they themselves loathe the fact that they're from Akron and not Cleveland has rubbed me the wrong way for years. This finally may cause me to cancel my subscription.

LeBron has been and will always be loyal to Akron. He's NEVER ONCE said that about Cleveland. Cleveland was simply his job. He moved to a better professional position. It has nothing to do with Akron. He's still gonna live here and be from here.

I hate Ohio State because I'm an Akron fan. I hate the pub the ABJ gives that out-of-town universtiy.

Now I can go back to hating the Cavs (just like I hate the Browns & OSU) because our ABJ will continue to give them more pub than our university.

I hate Cleveland State too.

I'm glad LeBron - our AKRON boy - is taking his professional talents to South Beach. Now Cleveland & the Cavs can go back to sucking.

Go Zips! Go 'Bron! Go Akron! Hey, go Aeros & Racers too! Lol.

Burn, Cleveland, burn!

Akron's not Cleveland and Cleveland's not Akron. Can I buy a Heat #6 James jersey yet?!

What makes anyone think that LeBron is going to remain loyal to Akron after he's lived in Miami for a few winters? He said the final step in feeling OK about his decision was when his mother told him he had to do what was right for him. So consider the whole loyalty thing in light of being loyal to oneself. If LeBron decides it's the right thing for him to completely ditch Ohio altogether, including Akron, and adopt Miami or somewhere else as his new home, it would just be another way of proving that he's loyal to himself.

Please expand.

Sorry. I'll try, but I'm not very motivated.

1) I'm not a Browns fan, but I'm only guessing the emotional effect of the Cavs/Browns fan has the same punched in the gut feeling this morning. The disappointment may be bigger with the old stuff, but the hatred is greater now. I think most of the sports world hurts for Cleveland fans this morning. 2) Winners find a way to win, losers find a way to lose. Montana winner, Browns losers. 3) Worse economy today.

LBJ has plenty of time to be "loyal" to whatever anyone thinks he needs to be loyal to. Let's say he has 10 years left in his career. He will be around 35 when he steps aside. He will then have about 60 years to be "loyal" to Akron. Scholarships, foundations, community centers, etc wold be a good way of showing how loyal he is to Akron. They would be lasting monuments to his loyalty.

I wanted LBJ to stay because I like the Cavs. Now that he is gone, I'm not too upset. It's his decision to make and he made the decision he felt was best for him. I don't think there is malice in his heart, but I do think this whole episode (ESPN special, waiting to make his decision, etc) put him in an unflattering light. He is overexposed in a way that the public is starting to dislike him. I'm just sick of hearing about it and he needs to take himself out of his own spotlight for a while.

LBJ has plenty of time to be "loyal" to whatever anyone thinks he needs to be loyal to. Let's say he has 10 years left in his career. He will be around 35 when he steps aside. He will then have about 60 years to be "loyal" to Akron. Scholarships, foundations, community centers, etc wold be a good way of showing how loyal he is to Akron. They would be lasting monuments to his loyalty.

I wanted LBJ to stay because I like the Cavs. Now that he is gone, I'm not too upset. It's his decision to make and he made the decision he felt was best for him. I don't think there is malice in his heart, but I do think this whole episode (ESPN special, waiting to make his decision, etc) put him in an unflattering light. He is overexposed in a way that the public is starting to dislike him. I'm just sick of hearing about it and he needs to take himself out of his own spotlight for a while.

What he said.