24/7 LeBron

GP1

LeBron's season is over now, and still no championship. How gracefully did he handle this defeat in the post-game press conference?

The Heat's sense of entitlement keeps them from championship

I'm interested to see the Nielsen numbers broke down. I know the finals set seven year records. LBJ interests me, if he wasn't in the finals I probably wouldn't have watched. I'm wondering numbers between Cleveland, Dallas, and Miami markets. I'm interested in Cleveland market this year compared to the last years Cavs final playoff series.

Edit: The game peaked with a 20.9 rating from 10:30-10:45 p.m. Eastern. Game 6 netted the highest-rated metered market rating ever for an NBA game in both markets (records through 2002-03) with a 39.8 in Dallas and a 36.2 in Miami. source

Still dying to know Cleveland market.

I don't have the numbers but the Really Big Show said it was by far the highest ranked market in the country besides Miami and Dallas. 47% maybe?

On another topic, if there were no other reason to hate that SOB, last night's response about the people rooting against him is reason enough. He just doesn't get it. I don't think I have seen anyone ruin their brand as quickly and effectively as he has.

On another topic, if there were no other reason to hate that SOB, last night's response about the people rooting against him is reason enough. He just doesn't get it. I don't think I have seen anyone ruin their brand as quickly and effectively as he has.

I find it refreshing when an athlete says what they all think but will not say. The losing was worse for his brand than what he said. The NBA will sell a ton of LBJ merchandise next season.

I find it refreshing when an athlete says what they all think but will not say. The losing was worse for his brand than what he said. The NBA will sell a ton of LBJ merchandise next season.

Exactly. His comments were spot on last night. He pulled a Jesse "The Body" Ventura and decided to "Tell it like it is." He essentially pointed out that all the "haters" will wake up tomorrow and go on with their little, pathetic lives, same problems as the day before. Lol. That was awesome. :lol:

When you're from Akron, it's us against the world.

Exactly. His comments were spot on last night. He pulled a Jesse "The Body" Ventura and decided to "Tell it like it is." He essentially pointed out that all the "haters" will wake up tomorrow and go on with their little, pathetic lives, same problems as the day before. That was awesome.

I don't have a problem with his quote about the haters either. I'm sure my quote would have been a lot worse. I do have a problem with the, I don't want the ball when it comes down to the time when legends are made. I thought that's what he wanted? He talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk. Odd. I have to think this changes because he still has time to do so...if it's in Miami, or somewhere else. I'm pretty sure he can opt out of his Miami contract in two more years.

Edit: As of May, Forbes says LBJ can opt out of a 6 year contract after four years. So that would be in three years. I could have sworn, I originally read three year opt out.

Exactly. His comments were spot on last night. He pulled a Jesse "The Body" Ventura and decided to "Tell it like it is." He essentially pointed out that all the "haters" will wake up tomorrow and go on with their little, pathetic lives, same problems as the day before. Lol. That was awesome. :lol:

I agree! And those folks DO need to get a life.

In the long run, all of this immature behavior changes nothing, and just makes Cleveland look bad, and damages the chances that NBA free agents would want to come here, as long at that idiot is the owner. Way to go Cleveland!!

Did you guys see the Washington Post article about Cleveland vs. Akron? It's outstanding. And kudos to KD for his remarks.

You guys can tout him for being truthful, is it really wise to piss off the people who pad your wallet with ticket sales, viewership, and most of all, paying exorbinant prices for crap with your name on it?

Great idea.

I'll shut up and let the love fest continue. Hope y'all fell asleep before the fourth period in that series...

In the long run, all of this immature behavior changes nothing, and just makes Cleveland look bad, and damages the chances that NBA free agents would want to come here, as long at that idiot is the owner. Way to go Cleveland!!

Did you guys see the Washington Post article about Cleveland vs. Akron? It's outstanding. And kudos to KD for his remarks.

wow. so the guy trashes the lifes of the people who make it possible for him to be a millionaire by bouncing a ball and you guys are saying good for him? Lebron had a right to make his "decision" and we have a right to hope he does not succeed. if you're tired of "hearing it from Cleveland" than why don't you talk to the people (ESPN) who keep on shoving this stuff down our throats.

p.s

I was very happy to see him fail and am very happy with my life.

wow. so the guy trashes the lifes of the people who make it possible for him to be a millionaire by bouncing a ball and you guys are saying good for him? Lebron had a right to make his "decision" and we have a right to hope he does not succeed. if you're tired of "hearing it from Cleveland" than why don't you talk to the people (ESPN) who keep on shoving this stuff down our throats.p.s

First, I don't think anyone on this board has any problem with others being upset that he left the Cavs, and "hearing it from Cleveland". I sure don't. But, when is it just some harmless "rooting against him" behavior when it's included people driving to his house to yell obscenities out the window, people holding up their middle fingers to TV screens in public places when his face appears, and the team owner getting fined by the NBA for absurdly childish remarks. And that only scratches the surface. Much of it is quite shocking, but not surprising, considering the loser Cleveland sports mentality. As one sportswriter has said, it's "enraged scorned lover" behavior, to say the least.

Secondly, speaking of media, the Cleveland TV outlets seem to be loving the idea that they are throwing food into shark infested waters and feeding your frenzy. Especially when one of them can send a camera down here to Akron, and walk down the street until they find someone who will say something derogatory about LeBron so that they can put him on camera on the 6pm news with "Akron, Ohio" at the bottom of the screen, just so they can say "See? Akron Hates LeBron Too" to anyone ignorant enough to believe them. It attracts viewers, for sure. But, I think it's doing nothing but making people even more irrational, and continues to strengthen Cleveland's illustrious image.

Thirdly, LeBron has been taking the high road for most of this time. But, how much of this insane idiocy did you expect him to take? He's human. I completely understand where he was going with that comment at the press conference, and I agree with him, and I agree with KDs remarks as well.

This has gone waaaaaaay beyond some innocent "hoping he fails" crusade. I sometimes find it humorous, but really it's kind of sad.

wow. so the guy trashes the lifes of the people who make it possible for him to be a millionaire by bouncing a ball and you guys are saying good for him? Lebron had a right to make his "decision" and we have a right to hope he does not succeed. if you're tired of "hearing it from Cleveland" than why don't you talk to the people (ESPN) who keep on shoving this stuff down our throats.p.s

First, I don't think anyone on this board has any problem with others being upset that he left the Cavs, and "hearing it from Cleveland". I sure don't. But, when is it just some harmless "rooting against him" behavior when it's included people driving to his house to yell obscenities out the window, people holding up their middle fingers to TV screens in public places when his face appears, and the team owner getting fined by the NBA for absurdly childish remarks. And that only scratches the surface. Much of it is quite shocking, but not surprising, considering the loser Cleveland sports mentality. As one sportswriter has said, it's "enraged scorned lover" behavior, to say the least.

Secondly, speaking of media, the Cleveland TV outlets seem to be loving the idea that they are throwing food into shark infested waters and feeding your frenzy. Especially when one of them can send a camera down here to Akron, and walk down the street until they find someone who will say something derogatory about LeBron so that they can put him on camera on the 6pm news with "Akron, Ohio" at the bottom of the screen, just so they can say "See? Akron Hates LeBron Too" to anyone ignorant enough to believe them. It attracts viewers, for sure. But, I think it's doing nothing but making people even more irrational, and continues to strengthen Cleveland's illustrious image.

Thirdly, LeBron has been taking the high road for most of this time. But, how much of this insane idiocy did you expect him to take? He's human. I completely understand where he was going with that comment at the press conference, and I agree with him, and I agree with KDs remarks as well.

This has gone waaaaaaay beyond some innocent "hoping he fails" crusade. I sometimes find it humorous, but really it's kind of sad.

Lebron does just as much as the media to bring this stuff upon himself. As far as Lebron taking the high road the only reason he doesn't say anything is because he has someone sitting in his ear telling him to be quiet. Any time Lebron is on his own he is a joke of a human being. For example. My friends mother was working at Apple Bee's on Howe Ave. Lebron comes in with his people and wanted a table. they told him that he would have to wait while they got their stuff ready. This DID NOT sit will with Lebron. He picked up one of the steak knifes and started carving in the tables. once they got their table and after they got their food My friends mother brought them the check, which Lebron pushed away. She asked "is there any problem?" to which Gloria replies "you don't talk to him you talk to me and we do not pay when we go out" unfortunately the manager comped the meal. As with everything else in this world there are people who take it too far, but don't think for a second that this is a good person who deserves any kind of admiration.

Zipseuph...for what it's worth to you, I have no respect for LeBron's mom either.

I'm sure everyone who lives around here has "my friend's mother" stories about LeBron himself, both good and bad. Unfotunately, the Cleveland press doesn't like to talk too much anymore about his bike donations, computers for the schools, and the thanksgiving turkeys he gives away. But that's beside the point.

This guy has been treated in a way that goes far beyond rooting against him, and has handled it well. In a world where we idolize athletes who are criminals, drug abusers, and could care less about their community, he rates pretty high. I feel bad for the next high profile Cavs player who decides to play for another team. And how will he handle the onslaught that's sure to follow?

LeBron James, on the other hand, has been found guilty -- not of failing to win the first of the seven rings, but of not being as advertised. He not only wasn't better than Dwyane Wade, thus ruining the established pecking order, but failed even to meet the standards of the third, Chris Bosh.

But that's yesterday's news. The future is what is fascinating now -- what James intends to do about it, and what the customer base will accept from him.

James isn't a villain, not in the conventional sense. Villains know their role, and they know that under the right circumstances they can become heroes.

But those who proclaim their invulnerability can't have scars and bruising. They can't back out of a challenge, and they can't lose after they've talked so brazenly of success. This isn't hubris, it is mega-hubris, and it has an excellent chance of being irredeemable hubris because, as we are coming to learn, James doesn't do humble. At least not comfortably.

What will become of this self-anointed king with no crown?

Lebron doesn't care about you and the fact that you think he does make me question your sanity. I don't care if you're from Akron or Cleveland. He is possibly one of the most self obsessed athletes in sports.

He had the world by the balls in Cleveland with an owner who would do anything for him. Players would have come here to play with him if he would commit to Cleveland which he never did.

The media and apparently people from Akron have no f'ing clue what it is to be a Cleveland fan. Cleveland hasn't won anything since 1964. Akron's inferiority complex is Akron made -- Cleveland doesn't give a $hit. Does Canton have the same inferiority complex when it comes to Akron? In Akron your closest professional franchises are in Cleveland -- I'm sorry if you don't like it.

In Akron your closest professional franchises are in Cleveland -- I'm sorry if you don't like it.

And in Columbus and many other cities they don't need professional sports franchises because the local university has reminded the populace that they're the only show in town.

I do wish UA could find a way of reminding the city that we're the biggest show in our town. Feed the disconnect along the Interstate 80 line. Grow our own civic pride instead of latching onto one of the most pathetic sports towns in the country. LeBron started something, or maybe he sensed something that was already there and tried to feed it. UA should do the same, but a little more tactfully and without mentioning LeBron.

You guys can tout him for being truthful, is it really wise to piss off the people who pad your wallet with ticket sales, viewership, and most of all, paying exorbinant prices for crap with your name on it?

Great idea.

I'll shut up and let the love fest continue. Hope y'all fell asleep before the fourth period in that series...

Let me be clear. LBJ is a jackass. I just find it refreshing to have a player say exactly what he thinks even when he is being a jerk. His words made them losing even more interesting.

In terms of missing the fourth period, I didn't see more than five minutes of the finals. Dallas is/was a great story. I'll read about it in the paper.

In Akron your closest professional franchises are in Cleveland -- I'm sorry if you don't like it.

And in Columbus and many other cities they don't need professional sports franchises because the local university has reminded the populace that they're the only show in town.

I do wish UA could find a way of reminding the city that we're the biggest show in our town. Feed the disconnect along the Interstate 80 line. Grow our own civic pride instead of latching onto one of the most pathetic sports towns in the country. LeBron started something, or maybe he sensed something that was already there and tried to feed it. UA should do the same, but a little more tactfully and without mentioning LeBron.

And as the "jilted ex-lover" syndrome continues, it could be more important than ever that we separate ourselves even further. It's just so amusing that they can't seem to ever understand why the whole country laughs at them.

Zipseuph...for what it's worth to you, I have no respect for LeBron's mom either.

I'm sure everyone who lives around here has "my friend's mother" stories about LeBron himself, both good and bad. Unfotunately, the Cleveland press doesn't like to talk too much anymore about his bike donations, computers for the schools, and the thanksgiving turkeys he gives away. But that's beside the point.

This guy has been treated in a way that goes far beyond rooting against him, and has handled it well. In a world where we idolize athletes who are criminals, drug abusers, and could care less about their community, he rates pretty high. I feel bad for the next high profile Cavs player who decides to play for another team. And how will he handle the onslaught that's sure to follow?

Skip...you just lost all respect from me. You belittled another Zip fan without any cause. If you can prove your statement by bringing 3 “friends of Mothers” stories then I will retract what I said. Otherwise I think you owe Zipseuph an apology.

And you also wrote in regards to LeBron: "I completely understand where he was going with that comment at the press conference, and I agree with him" Now I understand you (would not be so brazen to say "completely") and certainly DO NOT agree.

Skip...you just lost all respect from me. You belittled another Zip fan without any cause. If you can prove your statement by bringing 3 “friends of Mothers” stories then I will retract what I said. Otherwise I think you owe Zipseuph an apology.

And you also wrote in regards to LeBron: "I completely understand where he was going with that comment at the press conference, and I agree with him" Now I understand you (would not be so brazen to say "completely") and certainly DO NOT agree.

I wouldn't normally respond to something like this, but I will because you brought up something that I have complained about myself on many occassions.

First, maybe you can explain why stating that many people who live around here have stories from people they know who have had encounters with James was belitttling someone? Do you believe that one person's second-hand account should consistitute a representative sample?

Secondly, I come here to state my opinion, just like you. And it's not a requirement that you respect it. If you're looking for people on here to point a finger at for launching personal attacks at others, you certainly won't have trouble finding them. In fact, if you construed my message as "belittling", you're going to be spending a lot of time sending this type of response to other posters on this board.

Have fun. And for the record, I have expressed my displeasure with personal attacks on this board on many, many occassions.

Should I ask you for your apology for not agreeing with me, and yelling at me with big, bold letters?

I've lived in Columbus. I'd rather Akron not turn into Columbus, where the college kids are treated like celebrities. They're COLLEGE KIDS for crying out loud. Columbus is insane about OSU to the extent it's unhealthy.

And don't kid yourself, Cleveland is a great sports town with a lot of tremendous history.

This non-existent Akron-Cleveland rivalry is completely ridiculous, and does nothing positive for Akron.

Lebron doesn't care about you and the fact that you think he does make me question your sanity. I don't care if you're from Akron or Cleveland. He is possibly one of the most self obsessed athletes in sports.

He had the world by the balls in Cleveland with an owner who would do anything for him. Players would have come here to play with him if he would commit to Cleveland which he never did.

The media and apparently people from Akron have no f'ing clue what it is to be a Cleveland fan. Cleveland hasn't won anything since 1964. Akron's inferiority complex is Akron made -- Cleveland doesn't give a $hit. Does Canton have the same inferiority complex when it comes to Akron? In Akron your closest professional franchises are in Cleveland -- I'm sorry if you don't like it.

I believe there are some who are still are upset about the Indians AA club moving to Akron.

I wouldn't normally respond to something like this, but I will because you brought up something that I have complained about myself on many occassions.

First, maybe you can explain why stating that many people who live around here have stories from people they know who have had encounters with James was belitttling someone? Do you believe that one person's second-hand account should consistitute a representative sample?

Secondly, I come here to state my opinion, just like you. And it's not a requirement that you respect it. If you're looking for people on here to point a finger at for launching personal attacks at others, you certainly won't have trouble finding them. In fact, if you construed my message as "belittling", you're going to be spending a lot of time sending this type of response to other posters on this board.

Have fun. And for the record, I have expressed my displeasure with personal attacks on this board on many, many occassions.

Should I ask you for your apology for not agreeing with me, and yelling at me with big, bold letters?

well thanks for sticking up for me I guess. I personally didn't take it as an insult as much as a debate. people can disagree without being mean.