24/7 LeBron

GP1

The LeBron Factor has wide-ranging influence. Whoever thought a 6-8 shooting guard who hit 46% of his 3s last season and owns 2 NBA championship rings would turn down offers from Denver, Dallas and Houston to come to Cleveland to play for less money just to be with LeBron? Mike Miller's perimeter shooting will help fill a big Cavs' need.

http://www.cleveland.com/akron/index.ssf/2014/07/akron_to_welcome_lebron_james.html

LeBron's welcome back party will be at Infocision Stadium.

And more fine journalism :)

AKRON, Ohio -- Before LeBron James left the Cavaliers in 2010, fans gathered there hoping to see him resign. Next month they will gather there to welcome his return.

If that's what they were hoping for they got their wish. I suspect most folks there would have preferred to see him re-sign at the time.

AKRON, Ohio -- Before LeBron James left the Cavaliers in 2010, fans gathered there hoping to see him resign. Next month they will gather there to welcome his return.

They must have been waiting with baited breath for him to resign.

In case you don't know, resign is something you do when you quit your job. Re-sign is something you do when you extend a contract.

This can't be happening because.........

Did anybody else notice Lebron can opt out of his contract after four years? Say whatever happens to LBJ and he's miserable in South Beach. Far fetched I know, but people sometimes leave a situation and don't realize how good they have it. With goofball Gilbert, there is now ZERO chance that LBJ would ever try to "come back and make it right." I realize there was only .05 percent chance of this happening, but now there is zero point zero chance.

Are Spin, DrZ and ZipME87 hosting the welcome back party?

This can't be happening because.........

Are Spin, DrZ and ZipME87 hosting the welcome back party?

I wrote earlier in this thread, that LBJ is a bigger man than me. I couldn't work for a guy that has the decision making skills that Dan has previously displayed. Although a real apology would go a long way in my book. I will forgive, if you really mean it. I would hope someday, LeBron reveals the tone of the apology meeting they supposedly had.

While I am thrilled that LBJ is back, I won't be throwing, or attending any party themed "welcome back LBJ." I will watch more NBA this year than the last four combined.

I like my 2010 prediction of him leaving a situation and not realizing how good he had.

I wrote earlier in this thread, that LBJ is a bigger man than me. I couldn't work for a guy that has the decision making skills that Dan has previously displayed. Although a real apology would go a long way in my book. I will forgive, if you really mean it. I would hope someday, LeBron reveals the tone of the apology meeting they supposedly had.

While I am thrilled that LBJ is back, I won't be throwing, or attending any party themed "welcome back LBJ." I will watch more NBA this year than the last four combined.

I like my 2010 prediction of him leaving a situation and not realizing how good he had.

Actually you said people sometimes change their mind in such a situation, but there was absolutely no chance LeBron would come back to Cleveland.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone attend the celebration last night? Any thoughts?

I'm a huge LeBron fan, but I had one major problem...

My man decided to try to start an OH-IO chant with the fans when he was on the stage. I guess it was a stark reminder of how little people think about AKRON as a major college sports program, even when you are an Akron native, standing in AKRON's football stadium, and your old high school coach now runs AKRON's basketball program.

I hope this next phase of his residency in Akron educates him a little bit......the chant here....especially in OUR stadium is......ZI-PS

I guess it was a stark reminder of how little people think about AKRON as a major college sports program, even when you are an Akron native, standing in AKRON's football stadium, and your old high school coach now runs AKRON's basketball program.

I hope this next phase of his residency in Akron educates him a little bit......the chant here....especially in OUR stadium is......ZI-PS

You have to beat the best to be the best, and we haven't beaten anybody of note since 2008. The long decline with JD Brookhart followed by a total disaster of a coaching hire wiped away any memories of the Akron Zips being anything more than a doormat. Many people are convinced that we've never won more than two or three games a season in living memory. That's how profoundly bad the past five seasons have been. Couple that with the basketball loss to VCU, and there's the public perception of our sports teams. NE Ohio loves to remember bad sports and lets themselves be defined by it. Any history to the contrary is ignored.

The only cure is sustained success over the course of 5+ years. Success that can't be written off as small-time. Football needs to go bowling every year, basketball needs to make the tournament every single year, and win a game or two along the way.

• 1 month later...