24/7 LeBron

GP1

LOL...Durant?  Is 82-0 possible in the NBA?

Let me be blunt.  If any of you had an NBA team that won far more games than anyone else over two years, had the two-time MVP, and missed back-to-back championships only by a historical comeback and after some untimely injuries/suspensions, how anxious would you be to change anything? 

As a huge LeBron fan who wants to see him win as many titles as possible, I guess I should pray that Golden State would "retool" and mess everything up.  But, unfortunately it's not going to happen.     

Edited by skip-zip

I predict Ezeli and Harisson Barnes will bolt for greener pastures but the main Warriors core should remain the same. 

What will be interesting is to see what the Cavs will do. It is crazy to think that they won the championship with a roster including so many bench warmers. 

6 hours ago, Valpo Zip said:

It is crazy to think that they won the championship with a roster including so many bench warmers. 

Because they had a player so good that he dominated a series in so many categories in a way that no championship series has ever been dominated before :D

By the way, I just got the word that the Championship Parade for Cleveland and for Northeast Ohio, is not going to be led by Cleveland HIgh School bands, Akron High School bands, any other local high school bands, or even Akron or Ken+.  The parade is going to be LED by the OSWho Suckeyes band. 

Enjoy :rolleyes:

Edit: And Urban Meyer and Thad Matta in the VIP car in front.  

My guess is that Keith Dambrot, who has 1,000,000 times more to do with this Championship than Thad Matta, is nowhere to be found in this parade, let alone be in the VIP car.  

Edited by skip-zip
edit
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, skip-zip said:

By the way, I just got the word that the Championship Parade for Cleveland and for Northeast Ohio, is not going to be led by Cleveland HIgh School bands, Akron High School bands, any other local high school bands, or even Akron or Ken+.  The parade is going to be LED by the OSWho Suckeyes band. 

Enjoy :rolleyes:

Edit: And Urban Meyer and Thad Matta in the VIP car in front.  

My guess is that Keith Dambrot, who has 1,000,000 times more to do with this Championship than Thad Matta, is nowhere to be found in this parade, let alone be in the VIP car.  

KD & Dru Joyce Sr. should have been in the VIP car.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2016 at 10:48 PM, skip-zip said:

LOL...Durant?  Is 82-0 possible in the NBA?

Let me be blunt.  If any of you had an NBA team that won far more games than anyone else over two years, had the two-time MVP, and missed back-to-back championships only by a historical comeback and after some untimely injuries/suspensions, how anxious would you be to change anything? 

As a huge LeBron fan who wants to see him win as many titles as possible, I guess I should pray that Golden State would "retool" and mess everything up.  But, unfortunately it's not going to happen.     

Oh.

• 2 months later...

Ok this has only tangentially to do with LeBron but I thought it was interesting. The Plain Dealer made a list of the most famous person from each county in Ohio. Had no idea some of these folks were Ohioans. Summit County's is pretty easy but you folks from Medina and Stark are going to be pretty disappointed. I was born in Wooster and grew up in Hudson and have no chance of ever supplanting either of those two folks. :)

Edited by MDZip

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/20/2017 at 0:36 PM, ZippyRulz said:

Last ever year in Ohio for LJ. I hope it's a good one, but the Cavs need to also be working on a succession plan.

Unless he's retiring at the end of the season next year, I put it at about a 10% chance he's not a Cavalier in 2018/2019.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/15/2018 at 6:33 AM, Balsy said:

:puke:

I get real sick and tired of hearing about NCAA student-athlete exploitation. 

- The NCAA is corrupt, there is no doubt about that, but the least of its worries is student-athlete exploitation. 

- Ask college graduates if they wish they had a full-ride scholarship to keep them out of potentially $80-120k+ of student-loan debt, then come talk to me about how student-athletes aren't compensated (not to mention the benefits they receive - free travel, equipment, food, potentially nicer dorms, etc.). 

- Half these athletes, especially in the sports LeBron is focusing on (basketball & football), have thousands of dollars of artwork on their bodies. I don't want to hear about how they're "under-compensated" or "need more money". 

- Football & basketball - especially football - actually drain other potential student-athletes of equal opportunity through Title IX. With huge, inflated budgets and a massive amount of scholarships allocated to those sports, schools can't field near the amount of sports. Men's tennis & men's lacrosse especially have suffered from the scholarship allocation aspect, and many other sports - men's & women's - have suffered from the budget aspect.

- I find it ironic that LeBron is talking about student-exploitation, when he benefited from a NBA that allowed 18 year old's to jump straight from high school to the NBA, yet his NBA doesn't allow that same opportunity. If he wants to help these student-athletes with financial compensation, he should work to get rid of the one-and-done rule, while also building up the G League or another developmental league. The same goes for the NFL in regards to a developmental league. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Poor kids...

(in reference to a pathway to Can't State AKA PCCC, and not in reference to economic status)

10 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

:puke:

I get real sick and tired of hearing about NCAA student-athlete exploitation. 

It's absolutely exploitation.  I'm getting sick of hearing "but they get a scholarship" as if you didn't already know the very thorough explanation in response to it.

• 2 weeks later...