Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GP1

24/7 LeBron

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

Big house for rent in Hudson I hear...

 

 

Hudson...? Do you mean Bath?

 

Thank goodness he's gone. Best thing for the Cavs in the long run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Best thing for the Cavs in the long run. 

I'd be interested in reading the logistics of your theory. The last time LeBron left Cleveland, the franchise value dropped 25 percent in a single year. Cleveland ticket broker expects prices to fall 60 percent. It will be interesting to see how far the tv numbers fall. 

 

Can't say for sure, but I will guess I will watch more Lakers games than Cavs games next year. Might be close, probably one Cavs game, and two or three Lakers games. Possibly zero, to one. My chance of watching a full Lakers game on a weekday in the eastern time zone is zero, but I'm sure they will take all the Cavs primetime weekend game slots. At least you can update your #23 Cleveland jersey to a Lakers one for free now. 

 

 

Just when you think you've seen it all in Cleveland sports. #sad

 

2018

DhDynS0XcAAasXp.jpg

 

 

 

2016

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr Z said:

I'd be interested in reading the logistics of your theory. The last time LeBron left Cleveland, the franchise value dropped 25 percent in a single year. Cleveland ticket broker expects prices to fall 60 percent. It will be interesting to see how far the tv numbers fall. 

 

When LeBron is involved in your organization, your organization is held hostage by his ego. I also believe LeBron's basketball IQ is highly overrated, so him controlling your franchise isn't a good thing strictly from that standpoint.

 

When LeBron came back in 2014, the Cavs had Andrew Wiggins, Kyrie Irving, and some cap space. LeBron pushed to trade Wiggins for Love, and proceeded to use the open cap space to sign his veteran buddies. He had Blatt fired, and replaced with the joke-of-a-coach in Ty Lue, strictly because Lue would listen to LeBron. The loss in '15 was due to the injuries to Kyrie & love. The victory in '16 was improbable, and I'm thankful for it, but then Golden State adapted, going out and adding KD. Ironically enough, LeBron started the super team trend, and was ultimately defeated by the trend he started. Instead of wisely using any cap space we had to get younger, LeBron pushed for big contracts for JR & Thompson - contracts we're still stuck with while he's out in LA now. The constant drama that surrounded the team got real old, and we greatly underachieved, only winning 1 title. He never committed to Cleveland once he came back, and pulled this team/fan base through the mud throughout all of his contract crap.

 

Now we're sitting here, some saying the Cavs are going to suck, because LeBron failed to allow the Cavs to prepare for the future. If the Cavs are wise, they follow the Celtics model - hire a good coach (I've been saying for a while I'd hand Jay Wright a blank check to come coach the Cavs), establish a system, and build through the draft. Eventually, you'll have a product that will attract some key free agents. A team that nails those steps, as the Celtics have, will achieve more than what LeBron has achieved. 

 

Edit: Side note. If you want to see how bad LeBron is as a GM, the Cavs now have the 2nd lowest title odds in the NBA since his departure. Pathetic. Good riddance. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the response. In general, I think your theory overestimates LeBron's involvement in player personnel, and underestimating his talent level. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

Thanks for the response. In general, I think your theory overestimates LeBron's involvement in player personnel, and underestimating his talent level. 

 

I didn't talk about his talent. He's great. Top 2 talent of all time. 

 

I think you're underestimating LeBron's involvement in player personnel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

 

When LeBron is involved in your organization, your organization is held hostage by his ego. I also believe LeBron's basketball IQ is highly overrated, so him controlling your franchise isn't a good thing strictly from that standpoint.

 

When LeBron came back in 2014, the Cavs had Andrew Wiggins, Kyrie Irving, and some cap space. LeBron pushed to trade Wiggins for Love, and proceeded to use the open cap space to sign his veteran buddies. He had Blatt fired, and replaced with the joke-of-a-coach in Ty Lue, strictly because Lue would listen to LeBron. The loss in '15 was due to the injuries to Kyrie & love. The victory in '16 was improbable, and I'm thankful for it, but then Golden State adapted, going out and adding KD. Ironically enough, LeBron started the super team trend, and was ultimately defeated by the trend he started. Instead of wisely using any cap space we had to get younger, LeBron pushed for big contracts for JR & Thompson - contracts we're still stuck with while he's out in LA now. The constant drama that surrounded the team got real old, and we greatly underachieved, only winning 1 title. He never committed to Cleveland once he came back, and pulled this team/fan base through the mud throughout all of his contract crap.

 

Now we're sitting here, some saying the Cavs are going to suck, because LeBron failed to allow the Cavs to prepare for the future. If the Cavs are wise, they follow the Celtics model - hire a good coach (I've been saying for a while I'd hand Jay Wright a blank check to come coach the Cavs), establish a system, and build through the draft. Eventually, you'll have a product that will attract some key free agents. A team that nails those steps, as the Celtics have, will achieve more than what LeBron has achieved. 

 

Edit: Side note. If you want to see how bad LeBron is as a GM, the Cavs now have the 2nd lowest title odds in the NBA since his departure. Pathetic. Good riddance. 

 

HE'S WON THREE NBA TITLES. Including the only Cleveland pro championship in my lifetime (and I'm 52). 

 

The Cavs were 19-63 the season after he left for Miami.

 

Have fun with that team. They couldn't make the playoffs without him.

Edited by Spin
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would just point out that Curry-Green-Thompson never beat a healthy Cavs team in the Finals. Durant has now done it twice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2018 at 10:18 AM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

 

When LeBron is involved in your organization, your organization is held hostage by his ego. I also believe LeBron's basketball IQ is highly overrated, so him controlling your franchise isn't a good thing strictly from that standpoint.

 

When LeBron came back in 2014, the Cavs had Andrew Wiggins, Kyrie Irving, and some cap space. LeBron pushed to trade Wiggins for Love, and proceeded to use the open cap space to sign his veteran buddies. He had Blatt fired, and replaced with the joke-of-a-coach in Ty Lue, strictly because Lue would listen to LeBron. The loss in '15 was due to the injuries to Kyrie & love. The victory in '16 was improbable, and I'm thankful for it, but then Golden State adapted, going out and adding KD. Ironically enough, LeBron started the super team trend, and was ultimately defeated by the trend he started. Instead of wisely using any cap space we had to get younger, LeBron pushed for big contracts for JR & Thompson - contracts we're still stuck with while he's out in LA now. The constant drama that surrounded the team got real old, and we greatly underachieved, only winning 1 title. He never committed to Cleveland once he came back, and pulled this team/fan base through the mud throughout all of his contract crap.

 

Now we're sitting here, some saying the Cavs are going to suck, because LeBron failed to allow the Cavs to prepare for the future. If the Cavs are wise, they follow the Celtics model - hire a good coach (I've been saying for a while I'd hand Jay Wright a blank check to come coach the Cavs), establish a system, and build through the draft. Eventually, you'll have a product that will attract some key free agents. A team that nails those steps, as the Celtics have, will achieve more than what LeBron has achieved. 

 

Edit: Side note. If you want to see how bad LeBron is as a GM, the Cavs now have the 2nd lowest title odds in the NBA since his departure. Pathetic. Good riddance. 

First off, LeBron didn't create super teams. IDK where this idea came from. People seem to forgot a big reason LeBron left the 1st time was to overcome the super team of Boston. Before Boston there was the Lakers who added Malone and Gary Peyton to a team that already had Kobe & Shaq.

 

The Cavs sucked for the 30+ years before LeBron was drafted, they sucked the 4 years he was away in Miami, and they will suck for at least the next several years now that he's gone. Our only window of opportunity in the Cavs 48 years of existence to win a championship was LeBron's 4 years back. When you have a chance to win a title, you go all in. The Bulls sucked when Jordan retired, the Lakers sucked when Kobe was on the downturn of his career and retired, and so on. That's the price you pay for win now mode. The Spurs have been the lone exception and even they're on the verge of needing a rebuild. Did the Cavs overpay TT and JR? Sure, but even if both players signed for half of what they got the Cavs would have still been well over the cap and still couldn't have signed anyone. Had they let TT walk they wouldn't have won a title 2016 as their starting center would have had to be someone that would have had to of been willing to take the tax payer mid-level exception (roughly 3 million for 2016). Personally, as a fan that title was worth TT contract as it brought Cleveland it's 1st championship in 50 years. Who cares it cost Dan Gilbert 2-3 extra million per year. It's not like the money is coming out of your pocket.

 

JR has 1 more guaranteed year and TT 2 more guaranteed years left on his contract. Neither contract is really a hindrance to our long-term future.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Daugherty/Williams/Nance/Price/Ehlo Cavs teams weren't too shabby. You could even say they almost didn't suck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The Daugherty/Williams/Nance/Price/Ehlo Cavs is the best team to ever play basketball in Summit County.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NBA has been a star-driven league for as long as I've been a fan. If it wasn't Magic-Kareem it was Bird-McHale-Parish or Dr. J-Moses. Then Michael-Scottie and Shaq-Kobe and Duncan-Parker-Ginobili. Pierce-Allen- Garnett. The Twin Towers. And now we have the Warriors with FIVE FREAKIN ALL STARS. 

 

Now I realize Cleveland fans have been spoiled by the Price-Nance-Daugherty-Harper good guys team, and maybe that's why some despise the Type-A modern superstars like LeBron. But Price-Nance-Daugherty were the exceptions to the NBA mega-star personalities that bring banners to their cities.

 

In fact, I'll go so far as to say it was the goody goody fans who derailed what probably was the best team in Cavs history (and how many banners) by demanding they trade Ron Harper for something that turned out to be false. 

 

Be careful what you ask for...

 

 

Meanwhile, I'll just leave this here...B)

cavs-banner-nba-champs.jpg

Edited by Spin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Spin said:

In fact, I'll go so far as to say it was the goody goody fans who derailed what probably was the best team in Cavs history (and how many banners) by demanding they trade Ron Harper for something that turned out to be false. 

 

Be careful what you ask for...

 

 

:thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×