Sign in to follow this  
ZachTheZip

Most random reference to Akron

56 minutes ago, MDZip said:

I can't find a clip but Sportscenter showed a moment during an Ohio State game where Dan Dakich was an announcer and he talked about how much he hated mascots and specifically called out Zippy for annoying him once during an Akron-BGSU game. Go Zippy! :-)

Only once? Come on, gotta step it up, Zippy!

A recent Episode of Adam Ruins Everything from TruTV constantly references the City of Akron.

-The "main character" of the episode says he's from Akron Ohio

-They talk about how flights out of Akron always have connecting flights

-Mention how Akron is the Blimp capital

It was random when I watched the episode but enjoyed that it mentioned Akron all the same.

I was watching "The Boys" on Prime Video last week and noticed a reference to Akron.

"Well (SIGHS) I mean, what about my crime itinerary? I think the best thing's just to, you know, get out there and put some points on the board." - The Deep

"Not much crime in Sandusky. I mean, we're not a shithole like Akron." - Jeff

• Like 1

One of my favorite trivia questions.

What city hosted the first champions of (what would be renamed) the NFL and NBA?

AkronPros.jpg

Edited by Spin
  • Like 2

Since we're stuck at home and watching a lot of stuff streaming; I found this guy on youtube who talks about different unique histories of plane engineering. Its a fun little educational diversion.  This episode has a little segment about the USS Akron and the Akron-Class flying aircraft carriers that were made by the US Navy.  Fun little Random reference :)

• Like 1

Saw an old episode of Password (thanks Covid 😊) where the clue was Ohio and the contestant said Akron. Odd they didn't pick Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus but at least the partner got it. 

• Like 1

Tonight I'm watching the old TV show "Coach" on "Antenna TV" network, and coach Hayden tries to get rid of a pain in the butt assistant by referring him to an opening at, you guessed it. University of Akron.

• Like 2