2010 lineups?

I can't wait till the Zips start up in a little over two weeks! Hopefully this year can be even more special than last year. We only lost three players (Gavin, Bunbury, and Zemanski.) Does any one have any idea who is going to step in and fill those shoes? I'm assuming Speas steps in for one of the MF spots, given that he got lots of playing time last year with Nanchoff hurt. I don't know enough about the incoming Freshmen to know what our lineup will probably look like in the opener against UNC. Thoughts?

I can't wait till the Zips start up in a little over two weeks! Hopefully this year can be even more special than last year. We only lost three players (Gavin, Bunbury, and Zemanski.) Does any one have any idea who is going to step in and fill those shoes? I'm assuming Speas steps in for one of the MF spots, given that he got lots of playing time last year with Nanchoff hurt. I don't know enough about the incoming Freshmen to know what our lineup will probably look like in the opener against UNC. Thoughts?

I'm guessing Speas and Kitchen are the adds to the starting lineup. Not sure on the third. Should be just as fun this year anyway with Nagbe up top providing some lightning. Can't wait.

This is my first post, I made an account a while ago and never posted haha. Anyway, I would be surprised not to see Kitchen start. The only thing I am curious about though, is on GOZIPS he is listed as a midfielder, although he plays as a defender with the U-20 National team. We have a strong starting four in the back, but not really too much depth (still love you though Enrique). In the midfield, we took two big losses, but we still have quite a few good kids who didn't start last year, like Speas and Caldwell. Furthermore, two of our incoming midfielders are products of the same program that produced Zarek, Kofi, Ampai and Blair, so I expect them to be solid players who get some good minutes. And up front, as far as the new kids go, the two Jamaican players are supposed to be really good, I would imagine one of them end up starting up front with Darlington, but I could be wrong about that one.

Just a guess...

GK - Meves

RB - Sarkodie

CB - Barson

CB - Valentin

LB - Korb

DMF - Kitchen

AMF - Ampaipitakwong

RW - Speas

LW - Nanchoff

F - Nagbe

F - Mattocks

First three off the bench... Caldwell, Balogun, and Tulloch.

Two more weeks until we get a closer look!!!

Just a guess...

GK - Meves

RB - Sarkodie

CB - Barson

CB - Valentin

LB - Korb

DMF - Kitchen

AMF - Ampaipitakwong

RW - Speas

LW - Nanchoff

F - Nagbe

F - Mattocks

Spot on...plus add Brenes to the bench mix...

Just a guess...

GK - Meves

RB - Sarkodie

CB - Barson

CB - Valentin

LB - Korb

DMF - Kitchen

AMF - Ampaipitakwong

RW - Speas

LW - Nanchoff

F - Nagbe

F - Mattocks

Spot on...plus add Brenes to the bench mix...

Kitchen will definitely be starting. Look to see Balogun play some too.

This is my first post, I made an account a while ago and never posted haha. Anyway, I would be surprised not to see Kitchen start. The only thing I am curious about though, is on GOZIPS he is listed as a midfielder, although he plays as a defender with the U-20 National team. We have a strong starting four in the back, but not really too much depth (still love you though Enrique). In the midfield, we took two big losses, but we still have quite a few good kids who didn't start last year, like Speas and Caldwell. Furthermore, two of our incoming midfielders are products of the same program that produced Zarek, Kofi, Ampai and Blair, so I expect them to be solid players who get some good minutes. And up front, as far as the new kids go, the two Jamaican players are supposed to be really good, I would imagine one of them end up starting up front with Darlington, but I could be wrong about that one.

Welcome! :wave:

I think you've got it as far as the lineup. Kitchen is transitioning to a midfielder, and on the U-20 team he played more of a defending midfielder than a true defender.

So much talent that we don't know where everyone will play. It's exciting.