The Official Bottom 10 Thread

K92

Approaching #1, in the Bottom 10 Bottom 10 Week 7

"Out in the Cold:" After losing 38-10 at Ohio last week, the Zips became the first FBS team to be eliminated from bowl consideration.

On a fun note: Waiting list includes "Ohio State's special teams"

Although I agree with UA being the worst, having Texas in there makes this stupid.

Yes Texas is 4-3, which is bad for them. But they would still beat half of the top 20. This is just jab at them for having a down year.

Im not sure how well versed you are in the "Bottom 10", but the #5 spot is reserved for a big-name team that had a bad loss the previous weekend or two.

Although I agree with UA being the worst, having Texas in there makes this stupid.

Yes Texas is 4-3, which is bad for them. But they would still beat half of the top 20. This is just jab at them for having a down year.

Im not sure how well versed you are in the "Bottom 10", but the #5 spot is reserved for a big-name team that had a bad loss the previous weekend or two.

Never mind. :D

What scares me though is the Harris Poll

We have a "rank" rating of 10.67. I have never seen a team go below double digits. Infact i can't remember anyone going this low before :unsure:

For comparison:

1 Boisie State 97.98

26 Temple 60.76

32 N.Illinois 58.50

59 Ohio 49.42

What scares me though is the Harris Poll

We have a "rank" rating of 10.67. I have never seen a team go below double digits. Infact i can't remember anyone going this low before :unsure:

For comparison:

1 Boisie State 97.98

26 Temple 60.76

32 N.Illinois 58.50

59 Ohio 49.42

I wasn't aware that Boise St. had only been a D1A program since 1996. Their first three years they were ranked 106th, 96th and 69th. That makes me feel even better.

Ball State-Akron is the pillow fight of the week, and the Zips hold on to the coveted #1 spot.
I think it should be mandatory now to show up to games with the bags on our heads.

bengal.jpg

What is yours going to say? I'm thinking about 'Wistrcillized'?

Ball State-Akron is the pillow fight of the week, and the Zips hold on to the coveted #1 spot.
I think it should be mandatory now to show up to games with the bags on our heads.

bengal.jpg

What is yours going to say? I'm thinking about 'Wistrcillized'?

Ianell-NO?

Worst D-1 team in the country!!!!

What a freaking embarassment

The entire MAC is going to get demoted out of D-1 if this continues.

I hope this does not kick BBall out of D-1 as well.

No surprise, we are still at the bottom but I'd like to thank Pat Forde for including this little nugget in his Forde Yard Dash.

Miami (Ohio) (25). Record: 6-4. Last bowl game: 2004 Independence. Games remaining: at winless Akron, Temple. Projected record: 7-5. What's gone right: The RedHawks are 4-0 in games decided by seven points or fewer after winning a total of three games the previous two seasons.

On the bright side for you Lee Owens fans, he did include Ashland in his Obscure College Score of the week (and a nice photo of Olivia Munn).

And, the Zips are indeed off the list. In Schlabach's words: "Akron, which was No. 1 in the Bottom 10 rankings after entering its final game with a 0-11 record, defeated Buffalo 22-14 last week to earn a 10-month reprieve from the Bottom 10". I'm guessing you'll see us return next fall.

Rather than to say "I told you so" regarding exit from the list, lets just say............

The bottom ten is is a particularly valuable resource for the Zips. We should be making every effort to schedule Memphis, New Mexico, New Mexico State, San Jose State, UNLV and Western Kentucky for football games.

And, the Zips are indeed off the list. In Schlabach's words: "Akron, which was No. 1 in the Bottom 10 rankings after entering its final game with a 0-11 record, defeated Buffalo 22-14 last week to earn a 10-month reprieve from the Bottom 10". I'm guessing you'll see us return next fall.

Rather than to say "I told you so" regarding exit from the list, lets just say............

The bottom ten is is a particularly valuable resource for the Zips. We should be making every effort to schedule Memphis, New Mexico, New Mexico State, San Jose State, UNLV and Western Kentucky for football games.

I am sure Memphis, UNLV, etal are saying the same thing. I can hear their respective ADs talking in a meeting "Let's schedule Akron!! Heck - Gardner Webb beat em and they lost 55-3 to Stonybrook!!" "Who the hell is Stony Brook" "I don't know - but make sure we schedule Akron - not that powerhouse Stony Brook!!"