Akron vs Indiana

Dr Z

Akron vs Indiana  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would like to think we are better than WKY, and seeing that they put 21 up on IU, and seeing us come within a few yards of putting up at least 21 more against UK, and being the eternal optimist, well this could be a good game for the guys to get it together. I predict it will at least be more competitive, but I'm going to stop short of predicting a winner.

I would like to think we are better than WKY, and seeing that they put 21 up on IU
Good point. Check out Indiana here.

For those of you who like to DVR the game and do something else or just don't like commercials and time outs, the game is on the Big Ten Channel this week. Direct TV Channel 610 at 7 pm.

I would like to think we are better than WKY, and seeing that they put 21 up on IU, and seeing us come within a few yards of putting up at least 21 more against UK, and being the eternal optimist, well this could be a good game for the guys to get it together. I predict it will at least be more competitive, but I'm going to stop short of predicting a winner.

I want to think that too. But, WKU rang up 28 points and a ton of yards on the ground against Kentucky....the same Kentucky that held us to 1.8 yards per carry.

At this point, I want to be somewhat optimistic this week, and be happy to say that we could equal WKUs 17 point loss, and at least beat the spread.

Maybe I had one too many cocktails at an early dinner, but I've got a funny feeling about this one, same feeling I had before NC State in '06. Against all evidence and all logic, Zips win straight up.

Someone call this guy a cab.....

I'll say one thing. If there EVER was a time for an opponent to overlook another, this would be it. IU physically dominated us at the INFO last year, the 2010 Zips have stumbled out of the blocks, and the Hoosiers could be excused if they are peeking a little ahead to the Big10 season. Bill Lynch has a very difficult task on his hands in getting IU to take this game seriously.

What can I say. I don't hold out much hope for this group this year.
I'm not giving up until I see them in MAC play. They need to show me something though. I have no idea what this team/staff can do. I haven't watched an Indiana game since they played the Zips last year. Indiana did not impress me that day. CJ ruined that day for me. If we use the same play calls on offense as we did last week, I'll say 42-6. If we do some different things than we did last week to move the ball (FB and TE), I'll say 31-17. We are just not a good team right now. I am looking forward to the day I can post that I see progress. Our defense needs to create turnovers to put our struggling offense in good field position. Our offense needs to eat some clock to keep our struggling defense off the field. Hey, our punts are nice this year, so we got that going for us.

If we do some different things than we did last week to move the ball (FB and TE), I'll say 31-17.

How about if we just catch the ball when we are wide open 40 yards down field and the ball hits our guy in both hands at the same time? They need to make big plays to win, or at least be respectable in a game like this. A FB and TE only will give a team 2-4 first downs...they really aren't going to change the score much.

Nicely needs more accuracy, the WRs need to catch. The solution is easy.

How about if we just catch the ball when we are wide open 40 yards down field and the ball hits our guy in both hands at the same time? They need to make big plays to win, or at least be respectable in a game like this. A FB and TE only will give a team 2-4 first downs...they really aren't going to change the score much. Nicely needs more accuracy, the WRs need to catch. The solution is easy.
Agreed. Pro offense is built on that big play action play down field. That doesn't work on every series of downs. We might get four or five shots down field per game. Coach Tomlin calls these splash plays. We need to convert 3 splash plays to be successful. For those plays to work we need to keep the defense honest. In doing so we have a FB that has good hands, I would like to see some swing passes to him. We have done so successfully this year. We have yet to run the play action TE over the LB this year (that I have noticed). These type of chain moving plays help set up your "splash" plays. And like you said, we have to catch those balls on those plays. We also need our OL to step up and give those plays the time they need to develop.

When Jalil Carter is not starting somewhere, there is at least a little "proof" to your opinion.

Perhaps this staff is just accustomed to seeing BCS talent (even if it was not the best at ND, Illinois, Tennessee, etc.) to let go a little and understand the kids in the MAC IN GENERAL are just not as talented. Talent evaluation at a lower level might just be lacking. Who the hell knows right now?!!?!?