Dylan Ennis

Not trying to pick a fight with any of the "too sensitiive" people on this board, but to answer your question, think about it this way:

If you had job offers at different work places and one of those places went and fired 3 of their employees at your same position, would that make you lean towards the other places?

Go back and take a look at the interview with slamonline.com that I posted a bit ago in this thread. It will give you an idea, straight from the sources mouth as to what really went down with Dylan's decision to de-commit. Then, if you still wish to, come back on here and try and argue your point.

If you don't wish to read I can pretty well give you a summary of what went down with Dylan. The Zips were his first and only offer at the time he made the commitment. Later on he felt that he had rushed into the decision because he was so excited just to HAVE a D-I offer. As more offers started to come in, he started wondering if he hadn't made a decision too early and decided to open things back up. Nowhere in the interview does he mention anything about, "well they just had 3 other guards quit/dismissed from the team and I didn't feel comfortable about going there anymore." If you wish to keep arguing that point, so be it, but just know that it finds no basis in fact.

I read the article and I don't see where his response was a positive for Akron.

I read it pretty similar to you, but I take a different bent. That school wasn't good enough for me and I deserve better. Can you believe I selected the first school that offered and it was a piss ant school like Akron. Listen you can tell me what you think he was saying all you want, but committing and the de-committing to a program I support is a slap in the face to me. I think he thought he was better than Akron and wasn't grateful for being offered at all.

Believe what you want but I hope this is the last we hear of Dylan Ennis on an Akron Zips message board.

I read it pretty similar to you, but I take a different bent. That school wasn't good enough for me and I deserve better. Can you believe I selected the first school that offered and it was a piss ant school like Akron. Listen you can tell me what you think he was saying all you want, but committing and the de-committing to a program I support is a slap in the face to me. I think he thought he was better than Akron and wasn't grateful for being offered at all.

Fair enough. But he chose Rice...

I read the article and I don't see where his response was a positive for Akron.

Believe what you want but I hope this is the last we hear of Dylan Ennis on an Akron Zips message board.

Your point would be entirely valid if he didn't eventually commit to Rice (a team that has won 20 games TOTAL in the last three years). Your interpretation also loses a certain level of validity with quotes like this from Dylan, "The University of Akron is a great school in every way. From school to players to coaching staff." It is hard for me to see him calling us a piss ant little school that isn't good enough for him when you see a quote like that.

Look, am I happy that Ennis left for another program? No. But, I'm not taking it as some sign of the apocalypse for the program like some, and I don't take it as a slap in the face either. I've used Zeke's recruitment as a bit of a comparison with Ennis earlier in the thread and I really do think there are a lot of parallels. I remember reading the Pitt boards after Zeke committed to us and a lot of the same comments were being made there. The bottom line is that Akron was the best fit for Zeke in his mind. Unfortunatly at the end of the day we weren't the best fit for Dylan Ennis in Dylan Ennis' mind.

• 6 months later...
It's not on the Rice roster because he won't be enrolling for about 5 months. Dude is a senior in HS now. He was always a 2011 recruit.

B) B) B) B)

Go Zips!

P.S. Is Abreu tied to a chair watching Joey Rodriguez highlights yet?

Wow...he's going to be a 20+ year old Freshman?!

To your P.S. - I hope so!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...