The 2012 Recruiting Thread

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Reggie scored 33 points as his team cruised past Lexington. I don't have any additional info because I was at the Q.

McAdams scores 33 as Elida smashes Lexington

ADA — Reg-gie. Reg-gie.

The Elida crowd almost went hoarse chanting his name with every long-range 3-pointer he dropped.

Reggie McAdams lit up the Joe and Margaret Campoli Court for 33 points, with eight 3-pointers, to help Elida run away with a 65-36 rout of Lexington in the Division II boys basketball regional championship game Saturday at Ohio Northern’s King Horn Center.

It marks Elida’s fourth trip to the regionals and first in three years.

McAdams hit 11 of 18 from the field and was 8 of 11 on 3-pointers. He also had six rebounds and three assists. Dakota Mathias chipped in with 15 points and was 2 of 3 on 3-pointers

By halftime, Elida led 42-20. At that point, the Akron-bound McAdams had 25 points with six 3-pointers.

“Most of his shots we had a hand in his face,” Lexington coach Jamie Feick said. “We rotated a bunch of different guys on him. He’s a player. … We were contesting them. They hit some big shots. It’s a good team.”

McAdams hit two more 3-pointers in the third quarter and the lead grew to 50-22. Lexington didn’t have a final run left in its tank.

Jake Kretzer and Waverly HS fell just short of the final 4, losing in the regional semi finals. Reggie McAdams and Elida HS won their regional championship and advance to the final 4. Both players were named player of the year in their respective regions.

McAdams had 25 points, 8 rebounds and 4 blocks. Monster game.

Any idea if Elida's Final Four game will be televised?

Reggie McAdams and Elida are playing right now vs. St Clairesville in the D-II state semifinals.

I listened to the game online. Elida was the far superior team, as theynheld a hapless St. clairsville scoreless in the first quarter and ended up winning by, IIRC, 30 points.

However, I'm expecting Dayton Dunbar to smash Elida tomorrow. Dunbar is huge and deep. But Reggie has definitely proven himself to be an elite player.

Edit: And, btw, the Elida-Dunbar game will be televised tomorrow, but I'm betting this won't be a great game by Reggie, as Dunbar will probably be able to slow him down.

Great game. Dunbar wins by 2. Dunbar was the faaaar better team. But Reggie was a one-man wrecking crew, finishing with 24 points. Reggie was by far the best player on the floor - even though Dunbar has 3 D-1 commits.

Also, someone else previously mentioned Elida sophomore PG Dakotah Mathias, but that dude is going to be the real deal.

That was quite a comeback by Elida against a more talented Dunbar team. McAdams almost brought Elida back against an undefeated Dunbar team that will be remembered as one of the best in Ohio HS history. Dunbar's full-court press caused Elida to make many mistakes and turnovers, resulting in an 18-0 run in the third quarter. But McAdams held up pretty well under the pressure. His ability to bring the ball upcourt against that pressure was really impressive for a big guy.

• 2 months later...

Doesn't make sense unless something has gone wrong with Rico or Betancourt -- both highly regarded by the Zips coaching staff -- or someone else is leaving and opening up a scholarship. The Zips have three scholarships to give, and an urgent need for bigs in the next recruiting class. KD has stated that he is focused only on power forwards and centers with those three scholarships. I suppose it might make sense if either the rumored PG is a walk-on or a real stud.

He might be a walk-on. I don't know for sure. He also played at the SG position, which we are thin at.

I should have a name for the player in question in a little bit, and I'll post it here once I do.

Also, from a completely different source, I heard one of the current basketball players is transferring to Lake Erie College. However, the info is less than relaible and I won't believe it until I see official confirmation. It was brought up in passing when the Nicely transfer was announced that one of our bball players was going there as well, but I think and hope they are mistaken.

A quick search shows that there's a Malakiah Hunter playing HS basketball (PG) and football (wide receiver) in the class of 2012 at Furness Horace HS in Philadelphia. He appears to be a somewhat above average (Philadelphia Public League all-league honorable mention) PG who might qualify as a walk-on at UA. Maybe one of UA's basketball walk-ons is transferring.

EDIT: Malakiah Hunter claims on Twitter that he's a future PG at the University of Akron.

A quick search shows that there's a Malakiah Hunter playing HS basketball (PG) and football (wide receiver) in the class of 2012 at Furness Horace HS in Philadelphia. He appears to be a somewhat above average (Philadelphia Public League all-league honorable mention) PG who might qualify as a walk-on at UA. Maybe one of UA's basketball walk-ons is transferring.

EDIT: Malakiah Hunter claims on Twitter that he's a future PG at the University of Akron.

I believe that Kyle Peterson was a walk-on. Hunter would replace him (along with CJ Oldham) as the team's walk-ons.