93 replies to this topic

#61 Hilltopper

Hilltopper

Zips Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

McAdams had 25 points, 8 rebounds and 4 blocks. Monster game.

Any idea if Elida's Final Four game will be televised?

The finals are on STO at 4:30 tomorrow.

#62 Hilltopper

Hilltopper

Zips Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

Elida is ahead after the first quater 17-10. McAdams has 12 points. He is 4 for 6 from the field with 3 3's.

#63 Hilltopper

Hilltopper

Zips Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

29-22 Elida leads at the half. Dunbar averaged over 80 pts per game this year. McAdams has 16 pts.

#64 Dave in Green

Dave in Green

Collaborator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,640 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

One player can't get it done by himself. Dunbar has way more talent than Elida, and erased an 11-point Elida 3rd quarter lead with an 18-0 run. No way Elida comes back against what Dunbar is throwing at them now.

#65 Hilltopper

Hilltopper

Zips Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

Elida loses by 2 on a buzzer beater 54-52. McAdams had 24pts.

#66 Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Great game. Dunbar wins by 2. Dunbar was the faaaar better team. But Reggie was a one-man wrecking crew, finishing with 24 points. Reggie was by far the best player on the floor - even though Dunbar has 3 D-1 commits.

Also, someone else previously mentioned Elida sophomore PG Dakotah Mathias, but that dude is going to be the real deal.

Terry Bowden. Keith Dambrot. Rick Rembielak. Chuck Amato. How ya like dem apples, Terry Pluto?! This is AKRON!

#67 Dave in Green

Dave in Green

Collaborator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,640 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

That was quite a comeback by Elida against a more talented Dunbar team. McAdams almost brought Elida back against an undefeated Dunbar team that will be remembered as one of the best in Ohio HS history. Dunbar's full-court press caused Elida to make many mistakes and turnovers, resulting in an 18-0 run in the third quarter. But McAdams held up pretty well under the pressure. His ability to bring the ball upcourt against that pressure was really impressive for a big guy.

#68 Ada Zip

Ada Zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

If KD wants to keep the pattern of bringing in a PG every two years (Humpty-->Rico-->Melo-->?) I highly recommend getting started early on Mathias. He is only a sophomore but it is not a bad idea to get started early.
Disclaimer: Ada Zip was formerly known as skhorbotly

#69 ZachTheZip

ZachTheZip

Only a Zips fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,746 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

We may be bringing in a PG from Philadelphia. Stay tuned.

#70 Dave in Green

Dave in Green

Collaborator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,640 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

Doesn't make sense unless something has gone wrong with Rico or Betancourt -- both highly regarded by the Zips coaching staff -- or someone else is leaving and opening up a scholarship. The Zips have three scholarships to give, and an urgent need for bigs in the next recruiting class. KD has stated that he is focused only on power forwards and centers with those three scholarships. I suppose it might make sense if either the rumored PG is a walk-on or a real stud.

#71 ZachTheZip

ZachTheZip

Only a Zips fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,746 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

He might be a walk-on. I don't know for sure. He also played at the SG position, which we are thin at. I should have a name for the player in question in a little bit, and I'll post it here once I do. Also, from a completely different source, I heard one of the current basketball players is transferring to Lake Erie College. However, the info is less than relaible and I won't believe it until I see official confirmation. It was brought up in passing when the Nicely transfer was announced that one of our bball players was going there as well, but I think and hope they are mistaken.

#72 ZachTheZip

ZachTheZip

Only a Zips fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,746 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

Got a name: Malakiah Hunter. I can't find any info whatsoever on him.

#73 Dr Z

Dr Z

Zips Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

Doesn't make sense...

Consider the source.

michgamebanner2.jpg

"I've been fortunate in my life time to be part of some big wins, and that would have been the biggest" —Terry Bowden on UA@UM

#74 Dave in Green

Dave in Green

Collaborator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,640 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

A quick search shows that there's a Malakiah Hunter playing HS basketball (PG) and football (wide receiver) in the class of 2012 at Furness Horace HS in Philadelphia. He appears to be a somewhat above average (Philadelphia Public League all-league honorable mention) PG who might qualify as a walk-on at UA. Maybe one of UA's basketball walk-ons is transferring.

EDIT: Malakiah Hunter claims on Twitter that he's a future PG at the University of Akron.

#75 Zip2Go

Zip2Go

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

A quick search shows that there's a Malakiah Hunter playing HS basketball (PG) and football (wide receiver) in the class of 2012 at Furness Horace HS in Philadelphia. He appears to be a somewhat above average (Philadelphia Public League all-league honorable mention) PG who might qualify as a walk-on at UA. Maybe one of UA's basketball walk-ons is transferring.

EDIT: Malakiah Hunter claims on Twitter that he's a future PG at the University of Akron.

I believe that Kyle Peterson was a walk-on. Hunter would replace him (along with CJ Oldham) as the team's walk-ons.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users