"Off Week" Debate

Zip Watcher

Going off topic, but Zips Win comment on the tents/canopies prompted this question. Who is responsible at the University or athletic department for "licensing" products like that? A couple of other examples are fatheads, Tervis tumblers, etc. I can go buy these products for other MAC teams...why not us?

The athletic Depatment. They are in panic mode down there right now. There have been numerous meetings with other department heads in the last 2 weeks trying to come up with some way to get the students to come to another home game.

The students are putting their college education to good use and seeing that this team isn't worth watching even if it's free. There's nothing the Athletic Department can do to change that.

Going off topic, but Zips Win comment on the tents/canopies prompted this question. Who is responsible at the University or athletic department for "licensing" products like that? A couple of other examples are fatheads, Tervis tumblers, etc. I can go buy these products for other MAC teams...why not us?

The athletic Depatment. They are in panic mode down there right now. There have been numerous meetings with other department heads in the last 2 weeks trying to come up with some way to get the students to come to another home game.

Free Beer.

Anything else will not work.

Which also brings to light the other way to get people to tolerate horrible football -- Sell beer on the patio overlooking the north end of InfoCision.

There's nothing worse than a "dry" wedding reception.

Or: Sell re-entry tickets for $3.00. People can go drink in the lot at halftime, then re-enter. UA gets $3.00...and doesn't have the liability of selling alcohol in the stadium. And they get another couple hundred butts added to the attendance.

No go ahead and steal my ideas, UA employee. Pass them along to TW and act like they are your own.

Or: Sell re-entry tickets for $3.00. People can go drink in the lot at halftime, then re-enter. UA gets $3.00...and doesn't have the liability of selling alcohol in the stadium. And they get another couple hundred butts added to the attendance.

At both Clemson and Wake Forest, you can leave to go to your tailgate at halftime and re-enter for free after half.

I'm an early buyer, but likely won't be next year. The fact that ticket prices were slashed so much this year kind of steams my clams. You penalized me for buying early. Why do it again?

I don't blame you. Being a season ticket holder is not rewarded. Especially if you are a reserved ticket holder. They treat season ticket holders like crap when they sell reserved tickets for less than face value on the day of the game. It is a stupid, stupid, stupid idea. Even worse, it is lazy to do so.

I always buy my seasons early. Wanna make sure I get a good seat ya know. In light of all the almost giveaways on tickets this year,the AD better lower prices for the few season ticket holders who come back next for more pain. This year I wait. If the price does not go down I'll buy individual game tickets for cheap.

Free Beer.

Anything else will not work.

Which also brings to light the other way to get people to tolerate horrible football -- Sell beer on the patio overlooking the north end of InfoCision.

There's nothing worse than a "dry" wedding reception.

No go ahead and steal my ideas, UA employee. Pass them along to TW and act like they are your own.

I need your pledge right now Capt. that from now on you will never give me money.

Promise them all degrees if they show for the last 2 games.

I'm an early buyer, but likely won't be next year. The fact that ticket prices were slashed so much this year kind of steams my clams. You penalized me for buying early. Why do it again?

I don't blame you. Being a season ticket holder is not rewarded. Especially if you are a reserved ticket holder. They treat season ticket holders like crap when they sell reserved tickets for less than face value on the day of the game. It is a stupid, stupid, stupid idea. Even worse, it is lazy to do so.

Sent an e-mail to Wistrcill the other day about this. To his credit I got a reply right away from him or someone in his office.

However there were no commitments regarding adjusting prices for renewing season ticket holders. Not that he would reveal that at this point. But the tone of the thing was not what I would call promising.

Show me you have even the slightest clue what you're doing, and show appreciation for your fans, and I'll help you, Tom. Until then, as GP1 accurately stated, I'll just sit back and watch you step on your next land mine.

You have awesome football training facilities and a fantastic stadium. And your hand-picked guy kicks field goals when he needs 5 TD's. Fix that, then you can ask for free advice on ticket strategies.

I think you did just give some free advice.

Show appreciation towards your fans by not allowing other to purchase tickets for less than what the die hards purchased theirs for.

Second, become a marketing wizard like Waddell at Cincy by winning games. It isn't difficult. Put a winning product on the field and fans come. Put crap on the field and fans stay home. There is a reason marketing is the easiest business major....it isn't that hard.

I have a marketing idea for the Zips and if fits the current state of the program. Everyone attending the next two home games will receive a free blue and gold Zips bucket autographed by TW. Fans can use the bucket to throw up in while watching the Zips play. There...I'm done giving out marketing ideas as well.

Something everyone could use. Sounds perfect. :lol:

Seriously though, simple supply and demand should determine pricing. And I don't know the right solution, but I'd think that we're spinning our wheels trying to sell tickets for these prices when a few thousand people are in attendance.

And as a fan, I'd opt for seeing people walking in the gates for free right now, if that's what it takes to get some excitement in that place.

FYI, I got to the game last night right after the 2nd half kickoff. Nobody at the gate to check my ticket. Didn't need one to get in.

FYI, I got to the game last night right after the 2nd half kickoff. Nobody at the gate to check my ticket. Didn't need one to get in.
They are using the new video recognition software that they installed this season for fans that enter after the first quarter. You will receive a bill in the mail. They are unable to use it with big crowds, but they have had very good success with individual recognition.

They are using the new video recognition software that they installed this season for fans that enter after the first quarter. You will receive a bill in the mail. They are unable to use it with big crowds, but they have had very good success with individual recognition.

:lol: I figure once they find me they will give me comp season tickets for being such a loyal fan and for padding last nights attendance.

Promise them all degrees if they show for the last 2 games.

You should have seen the line for free pizza yesterday around kick off. It was huge until nearly the entire line broke up when informed that they had to have a voucher that was supposed to be given to them at the student entrance. I came in that entrance with 20 minutes left on the clock before the game and there was no person to be found. My buddy asked an usher standing near the gate what the deal was and he said the lady passing them out was done.

Needless to say, pretty bad set up that they turned away all of those people especially when i got to my seat and found out they gave my gf 3 pieces of pizza! (she arrived earlier after class). So i got some pizza still but wow what a mess.