Linhart makes Erie Bayhawks roster

Quickzips

Nate Linhart is listed on tonights roster for the NBA D-League's Erie Bayhawks opener. Bayhawks draftpick Jimmy Conyers is not as he was cut on November 10th. Congrats to Nate on making the team and best of luck to Jimmy in whatever future endeavors he pursues.

Edit: Linhart started the Bayhawks preseason game against the Fort Wayne Mad Ants (gotta love D-League team names) and put up a nice line of 11 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists a three and a block in nearly 33 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...

Holy crap, Linhart is:

* Leading the team in average minutes played per game (30.0).

* Leading the team in field goal percentage (.592).

* Leading the team in 3-point percentage (.444).

* Leading the team in steals per game (2.11).

* Third on the team in assists per game (2.4).

He's outperforming teammate Christian Eyenga, the Cavs' first round draft pick in 2009 (30th overall).

He's so darned close to being capable of performing at least a minor role on an NBA team.

Absolutely amazing.

• 4 weeks later...

As I caught a little of the Cavs game last night played by he likes of Christian Eyenga, Ramon Sessions, Alonzo Gee and Samardo Samuels I wondered what is the chance Varajeo's injury gives Linhart a call up and chance to play. He would seem like the type of player any NBA coach would love...leaving it all on the floor playing harder than anyone out there.

As I caught a little of the Cavs game last night played by he likes of Christian Eyenga, Ramon Sessions, Alonzo Gee and Samardo Samuels I wondered what is the chance Varajeo's injury gives Linhart a call up and chance to play. He would seem like the type of player any NBA coach would love...leaving it all on the floor playing harder than anyone out there.

Funny you mention that. I was thinking the same thing when Christian Eyenga rolled his ankle and was in so much pain I thought he was done for the year. Then he didn't even have to come out of the game out of the timeout. I figured Linhart and Eyenga games are pretty similar.

Nice interview! The most interesting thing to me is that Nate is considering a possible coaching career. You never really know how good a coach any given player would make. But if Nate could teach his winning attitude to younger players, I think he'd have a good chance at becoming a successful coach.