Zipsrifle - do you have any extra zips stuff

Ryno aka Menace

I don't have any extra right now. Money is going to be very tight for about the next two months, so my little project probably won't bear fruit until next season (though I'm thinking about emptying out my change jars). I figure it's pretty simple to make, here's what I'm going to do. If you go to a craft store, they sell sheets of magnets, 1' X 2' that you can paint on. I'm going to buy some of those and spraypaint the colors I need on them. Next I'm going to blow up the logo I want on the computer and print it out the size I want it. I'm going to use that as a stencil to cut out the magnet and BAM! I've got my magnet. I also figure you could use the same approach, but use the cut-out paper as a stencil to spray over and make one big magnet. The magnet I'm thinking of is gonna be HUGE, but made of several small magnets.

i was just down at the jar (where they were once again sold out of the "fear the roo" shirts) and i was talking to the girl that worked there and an alumn during a short lull. the girl said that after the sucess of the t-shirts they were looking into other things like magnets, stickers, buttons. now i don't know how fast this "looking into it" is going to take, but i'm sure if you call up the store and continue to ask they might start producing more of it. supply the demand!

Ryno:

This web site sells adhesive sheet magnets very cheaply. One side is peel-off adhesive for a picture. You can print out a color picture of anything you'd like and stick it on these sheets, then cut off the excess. I make a bunch of "custom" Zips car magnets a few years ago. Works great. Cheap. Flexible...put any picture or logo you'd like on them.

Click - Magnet Site

Thanks, Capt. one more question did you hand paint them, run through through a printer?

I ran them off on printer paper, then adhered them to the sicker side of the magnet.

Image-wise, they won't be the most weather-proof things in the world, but they stick to your car very nice and look great...as good as your image and printer are capable of producing.

They are very durable in good weather (I'm still using the one's I made 3 years ago), but will not last through a snow storm drive Akron to Detroit. Maybe you can laquer or laminate the image if you're concerned about long-term durability?

Hope that makes sense.