GODADDY.COM BOWL

LZIp

tied at 14-14 with a couple minutes left in the first half. If Miami wins they will become the first D1 team to ever go from double digit losses in one season to double digit wins the next. Also, if they win, the MAC will finish 2-2 in bowl season. With the only disappointment being Ohio really. I think the MAC is on the way back up..hopefully Akron improves as well.

pretty inspiring pregame speech by the interim

I still think it's BS that college coaches can be taken from a school right before a bowl game.

Technically the bowl games aren't even real games. They are just glorified exhibitions so I see no problem with it from a rules standpoint. Though the coaches that leave are d-bags for abandoning the players they usually had claimed were so important to them.

pretty inspiring pregame speech by the interim

I still think it's BS that college coaches can be taken from a school right before a bowl game.

Technically the bowl games aren't even real games. They are just glorified exhibitions so I see no problem with it from a rules standpoint. Though the coaches that leave are d-bags for abandoning the players they usually had claimed were so important to them.

Very true. Kelly doing that at Cincy last year was lame.

I know Dr. Z. If only we can get to the point where we can reasonably expect 11 other performances just like it. I hope that's not so far away. Reminds me a bit of that year we had an awful team but beat Marshall at home in the "broken leg" game. Or, a few years ago when we almost beat Cincinnati at the Rubber Bowl in the middle of a dismal year.

I've been pretty hard on the MAC the past few years, and rightly so. It was a horrible conference and in almost every way that counts is still a horrible conference. It was a much better conference this season and, with the exception of OU, did not make fools of themselves in bowl games.

A word of caution to the "builders". There is a better chance that this season was abnormally good and not normal.

Miamioh looked good last night. MTSU did look horrible though, but that's the way it goes. Haywood really changed the complection of the program at Miamioh and it paid off in a short period. They are going to continue to be good. The next coach is going to walk into a good situation. We are better than Miamioh in all things that are secondary to having a winning attitude and kids who want to win/willing to pay whatever price necessary to win. We have a great stadium and all the facilities to go along with it. They had a winning attitude and a desire to win. They won...go figure.

tied at 14-14 with a couple minutes left in the first half. If Miami wins they will become the first D1 team to ever go from double digit losses in one season to double digit wins the next. Also, if they win, the MAC will finish 2-2 in bowl season. With the only disappointment being Ohio really. I think the MAC is on the way back up..hopefully Akron improves as well.

And now they have the excellent opportunity of becoming the first team to go from DD losses to DD wins to DD losses again! Can you say, "Ball State"?

And now they have the excellent opportunity of becoming the first team to go from DD losses to DD wins to DD losses again! Can you say, "Ball State"?

Ball State lost a bunch of seniors. Specifically, they lost a Nate Davis. Miamioh's key players are all frosh and sophs. They will not lose 10 next year.

Ball State lost a bunch of seniors. Specifically, they lost a Nate Davis. Miamioh's key players are all frosh and sophs. They will not lose 10 next year.

Plus they have TWO quality QBs. And while I hate to admit it, history suggests Miami is the best MAC football program.

history suggests Miami is the best MAC football program.

I agree.

Recent history also tells us a MAC coach can win a championship in his second year even when there are teams perceived to be better than his. Miamioh did it this year against NIU. Akron did it in JDs second year against NIU as well. There are other examples. My expectations are for the Zips to be .500 next year and compete for the MAC East. Everyone else does it, why not us? Coaching?....Miamioh fans were ready to run Haywood out of town after his first year.