18 replies to this topic

#1 LZip

LZip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

tied at 14-14 with a couple minutes left in the first half. If Miami wins they will become the first D1 team to ever go from double digit losses in one season to double digit wins the next. Also, if they win, the MAC will finish 2-2 in bowl season. With the only disappointment being Ohio really. I think the MAC is on the way back up..hopefully Akron improves as well.

#2 scottditzen

scottditzen

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:40 PM

Miami has 3 and 1, so of course they have their QB 7 yards deep in the shotgun. Fumble. So stupid....

#3 GoZips

GoZips

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

Danica Patrick is so tiny. No wonder other race teams complain about her weight advantage. Maybe she could attend school and Cant Skate and bloat up.

#4 scottditzen

scottditzen

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:00 PM

In case anyone else refuses to pay for cable:

http://atdhe.net/234...see-vs-miami-oh

#5 LZip

LZip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

pretty inspiring pregame speech by the interim

#6 LZip

LZip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

bouche(sp?) is going to be good. i remember watching him in the state championship game against steubenville. he is pretty mobile as well

#7 zipseuph

zipseuph

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:03 AM

I still think it's BS that college coaches can be taken from a school right before a bowl game.

#8 RootforRoo44

RootforRoo44

Zips Superfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:08 AM

I still think it's BS that college coaches can be taken from a school right before a bowl game.

Technically the bowl games aren't even real games. They are just glorified exhibitions so I see no problem with it from a rules standpoint. Though the coaches that leave are d-bags for abandoning the players they usually had claimed were so important to them.

Posted Image

#9 Buckzip

Buckzip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:29 AM

Technically the bowl games aren't even real games. They are just glorified exhibitions so I see no problem with it from a rules standpoint. Though the coaches that leave are d-bags for abandoning the players they usually had claimed were so important to them.

Very true. Kelly doing that at Cincy last year was lame.
Half Buck, Half Zip, All Man.

#10 MaxZIP

MaxZIP

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:11 AM

That was a good game to watch. Contests Miami on showing up and playing some great football.

#11 Dr Z

Dr Z

Zips Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:25 AM

And to think, the Zips were one play away from beating Miami in November...Posted Image

michgamebanner2.jpg

"I've been fortunate in my life time to be part of some big wins, and that would have been the biggest" —Terry Bowden on UA@UM

#12 skip-zip

skip-zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,821 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:19 AM

I know Dr. Z. If only we can get to the point where we can reasonably expect 11 other performances just like it. I hope that's not so far away. Reminds me a bit of that year we had an awful team but beat Marshall at home in the "broken leg" game. Or, a few years ago when we almost beat Cincinnati at the Rubber Bowl in the middle of a dismal year.

#13 cornbread

cornbread

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:18 AM

I don't think we are that far away. Miami looked good last night. They were making some plays. They had 3-4 amazing completions in the drive that stalled right before the half. Happy for the MAC @ 2-2 this bowl season. SEC @3(soon to be 4)-4 Big12Ten @ 3-5.
Sexy
Posted Image

#14 GP1

GP1

Pontificator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:40 PM

I've been pretty hard on the MAC the past few years, and rightly so. It was a horrible conference and in almost every way that counts is still a horrible conference. It was a much better conference this season and, with the exception of OU, did not make fools of themselves in bowl games. A word of caution to the "builders". There is a better chance that this season was abnormally good and not normal. Miamioh looked good last night. MTSU did look horrible though, but that's the way it goes. Haywood really changed the complection of the program at Miamioh and it paid off in a short period. They are going to continue to be good. The next coach is going to walk into a good situation. We are better than Miamioh in all things that are secondary to having a winning attitude and kids who want to win/willing to pay whatever price necessary to win. We have a great stadium and all the facilities to go along with it. They had a winning attitude and a desire to win. They won...go figure.
"...you want it to be one way. But it's the other way." --Marlo Stanfield, The Wire

"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple." - Woody Guthrie

#15 johnnyzip84

johnnyzip84

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,137 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

I certainly have no problems with the MAC bowl performance this season. If Toledo doesn't blow a big lead, the combined record would have been 3-1. Perhaps this season was merely an apparition, but it's a welcome change from recent bowl history.

Bowden Ball 2014.....Fiat Lux.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users