Larry Nance Jr

Hilltopper

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its a longshot, but how incredible would we be next year if we somehow got Quincy back on the team, picked up larry on transfer, as well as returning tree, harney, pat, etc.,

one can only dream...

It would be nice, but where the heck do you get the scholarships from?

Also have to remember that IF Larry were to transfer AND Q were to come back they would likely never see the floor together. Q has one more year of eligibility left while Larry would likely have to sit out next year under the transfer rules.

It would be nice, but where the heck do you get the scholarships from?

Also have to remember that IF Larry were to transfer AND Q were to come back they would likely never see the floor together. Q has one more year of eligibility left while Larry would likely have to sit out next year under the transfer rules.

Seems the NCAA is pretty lax in giving exceptions in basketball for good reasons. Im sure he could come up with some excuse that the NCAA will except.

Sidenote: Had no idea Forsythe wasnt on scholly this year!

Judging by his tweets over the last few months, Nance seems to be homesick, and their recent 4-game losing streak hasn't helped. I wouldn't take too much out of this quite yet, but there's definitely something there.

by the way, here's his most recent tweet, just moments ago:

tweet

Come home, Larry! WE MISS YOU TOO!!!

On a completely unrelated note, Larry Jr.'s sweatshirt illustrates why I love the grey jerseys (though I wish they were a slightly darker grey). I love the blue, gold & grey color combo. (Plus, it looks good w/ blue jeans.)

He was wearing an Akron hoodie and wrote "Repping Akron U" or something of the sort.

Thanks. I can see why he deleted it now, but he did just tweet there's nothing to any rumors of him transferring. Happy in WY and just supporting his hometown.

This topic has a "Lebron to Cavs in 2014" feel to it. Lot of over-thinking and wishful thinking it seems.

• 2 years later...

Lakers select Larry Nance Jr.

Nance Jr.'s draft stock rose rapidly in the final days leading up to the draft, so much so that he snuck into the first round. He's a 6'8 power forward who stayed all four years at Wyoming and averaged 16.1 points as a senior. He averaged seven rebounds, shot 51 percent from the floor and even hit a few three-pointers at a 31 percent rate, although he doesn't immediately project to be a shooter from behind the arc in the NBA unless he can extend his range.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...