Recruiting Class of 2011

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we have had no surprises today....pretty disappointing if you ask me. On the flip side we've had highly touted classes that did nothing so maybe we'll get the opposite here. Still have a hard time with losing recruits to lower leve schools - pathetic!
What big talent do you think we lost to a lower level school? I thought AJ Price was a nice surprise. I like his yard per catch average. Looks to be a stretch the field type player.

Here are my thoughts on this recruiting class......I could really give a crap.

I don't care where these guys came from, how many stars they had by their name on some internet recruiting blog, what their grades were or anything else for that matter. I've suffered through almost 25 years of horrible football at UofA. We need to start winning ASAP. If this is the class that gets the winning going, then God bless them.

I'm more interested in what they do on the field rather than what they look like on the internet.

This program needs to start WINNING!

So does that leave him one year or two to play the Decoy position for the Zips?

Edit: I also wonder if he hung out with Ryan while in Iowa City, and has any Bain stories he can share with the lads for inspiration.

Ianello will be on with Ken Carman at 3:30.
Click here to listen LIVE...if you can stand listening to him talk..."Hines Ward strip club, Hines Ward strip club, Hines Ward strip club....." OMG! :wall:

I can't take it. Somebody post if something interesting was said.

Yeah. I am hoping this is just filler until the coach shows up.

Edit: Yes, Ianello up after the commercials. It's safe to tune in now.

I've seen highly touted recruiting classes come to Akron with the end result being kids leaving, a new coaching staff and an empty stadium.

The kids we bring in are talented, but Akron will never win unless they want to. That team in 05 worked their ass off and never gave up. Not in the MAC title game, not in the Motor City bowl. If these kids want to come in and work hard and get 20,000+ at Info then they are more than capable of doing it. If they want to go through the motions, not listen, leave when things get tough, then they will play in front of no one. It's their choice. I have faith this will be the class that turns it around, but then again I've been saying that for 10 years. One MAC championship every decade isn't going to cut it. We all see how this community supports a team that works hard. (Notice how I didn't say a winner).

Ianello will be on with Ken Carman at 3:30.
Click here to listen LIVE...if you can stand listening to him talk..."Hines Ward strip club, Hines Ward strip club, Hines Ward strip club....." OMG! :wall:

I can't take it. Somebody post if something interesting was said.

Yeah. I am hoping this is just filler until the coach shows up.

Edit: Yes, Ianello up after the commercials. It's safe to tune in now.

Ianello sounded upbeat, showed some personality. I think he ripped Rush Limbaugh too. Explained the 12th man thing.

We all see how this community supports a team that works hard. (Notice how I didn't say a winner).

What hard working team do they support that doesn't win?

No one's expecting them to got 13-0 and win the MAC. They don't have to a pull a soccer team and win national titles, but like the 03-05 teams people came to see them. Yes they won more than they lost, but I wouldn't exactly call a winner, except for 05 of course.