Tennis

ZachTheZip

Sure.

Anyway, they beat Dartmouth today. Win their next match and I would be shocked if still weren't ranked.

I meant my correction in a good-natured way. ZtZ, you're one of the most prolific posters on this board and I wouldn't want to do anything to discourage that.

The win against Kentucky was huge. From what I can judge, UK is a mid- to top-level tennis program in the SEC. The scheduling has been outstanding...Big Ten (MSU), SEC (UK), Big East (WVU, Cincy, Louisville)...who can ask for anything more? This program is going places.

And in an uppity sport like tennis, a win against a nationally-ranked Ivy League opponent is impressive too. I expect Brown to be much more difficult as they are ranked higher and beat us soundly last year. Nonetheless, I think the wins against UK and Dartmouth should be enough to put us in the Top 75.

Unless UNM or UNA are exceptionally strong, the only other opponent that should be a struggle to win against this year would be Miami (until the NCAA Tournament, anyhow). Go Zips!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Zips vs. Wildcats

Seriously, how many times are we going to face this school in post-season competition?

Go Zips! You can do it, ladies!!!

"Joining NU and the Zips in Evanston this time around will be Notre Dame and Hawaii. The two winners from Friday will play one another on Saturday. NU and UA will meet for the first time on the tennis court."

I'm sure it would also be the first meeting between Akron and Hawaii -- if by some miracle they were to defeat their first round opponents in essentially "visiting team" mode. Good luck Zips (and Wahine Warriors)! Maybe the coaches will meet and schedule a match in Manoa next year (anything's possible!). :P

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...