Losing to Can't Friday Might Be the Best Thing For Us

UAZip0510

I'm not saying I hope we lose...but it really might be the best thing for Akron heading into the tourney. Here's why:

1) A #6 seed will most likely play my expected #3 seed Miami...I like that matchup for us.

2) A #6 seed will also be on the same side of the bracket as #2 seed Ball State or Western Michigan...I like both matchups for us.

3) The two toughest matchups for us - Can't State and Ohio - would likely be on the other side of the bracket as the #1 seed and #4 or #5 seed respectively.

4) Should they lose to Can't State Friday, a win against a lower seed might be good to get their confidence rolling.

Nobody remembers MAC Regular Season Champions...everyone remembers the final team standing in Cleveland.

just quit talking please.

Good one.

All i was trying to illustrate was that if Akron lost Friday, their side of the bracket could potentially be filled with better matchups, that's all. No need to be an asshole, we're all on the same side here.

I agree with UAZip here, now that we're going to be on the other side of the bracket it helps our team quite a bit. Hopefully OU gets knocked out, because we just cannot match up with them. And its people like Zippy5 that ruin this blog and scare away other people.

Anybody on here realize that Miami beat OU twice? I did not see either game, nor read any of the comments from bobcatattack or miamihawktalk, but I think I can state with confidence that the Redhawks did not spend a great deal of time double teaming Cooper. Anybody from those two boards want to comment?

It is good for Akron to win every game. Last night was especially important because it would have placed them at the 20 win mark. If they lose in their first game this week, they finish with 19 making it an average season. I'd like to see them finish with at least 20 (22 would be even better because they would be MAC champions) to keep the run of 20 win seasons going. 20 wins is a good season....19 is average.

It is good for Akron to win every game. Last night was especially important because it would have placed them at the 20 win mark. If they lose in their first game this week, they finish with 19 making it an average season. I'd like to see them finish with at least 20 (22 would be even better because they would be MAC champions) to keep the run of 20 win seasons going. 20 wins is a good season....19 is average.

I don't think anyone - me included - was cheering for them to lose...simply pointing out that a 6 seed might provide Akron the best road to the MAC Final.

I don't think anyone - me included - was cheering for them to lose...simply pointing out that a 6 seed might provide Akron the best road to the MAC Final.

I understand where you are coming from. We need a 20 win season more than the 6 seed. To be the best, you have to beat the best. I don't care who we play in the Tournament, we need to win.

I understand where you are coming from. We need a 20 win season more than the 6 seed. To be the best, you have to beat the best. I don't care who we play in the Tournament, we need to win.

They should be able to get both. If they can't beat Eastern Michigan at home Tuesday, they don't deserve a 20 win season.

Going to need 23 now.

Anybody on here realize that Miami beat OU twice? I did not see either game, nor read any of the comments from bobcatattack or miamihawktalk, but I think I can state with confidence that the Redhawks did not spend a great deal of time double teaming Cooper. Anybody from those two boards want to comment?

Miami won the first game because they dominated on the boards. They won the second because they shot 91% from the line and OU couldn't make anything for the first 35 minutes.

I'm actually embarrassed that people agreed with that post. My apologies, losing at our rival, losing a first round bye, and possibly not getting to 20 wins while going into the MAC tournament on two straight losses is GREAT! We'd have to beat OU/Can't/miami at some point in this tournament anyway to go dancing. I don't care what round its in, ill take 20 wins and a season sweep of our rival 100 times out of 100.

Good one.

All i was trying to illustrate was that if Akron lost Friday, their side of the bracket could potentially be filled with better matchups, that's all. No need to be an asshole, we're all on the same side here.

I agree with UAZip here, now that we're going to be on the other side of the bracket it helps our team quite a bit. Hopefully OU gets knocked out, because we just cannot match up with them. And its people like Zippy5 that ruin this blog and scare away other people.

I would argue that its people saying losing to our rival is good for us, and also proposing to trade zeke might scare away people. But I digress.

Good one.

I would argue that its people saying losing to our rival is good for us, and also proposing to trade zeke might scare away people. But I digress.

Just quit talking please...

Good one.

Just quit talking please...

+1 :rofl: