2011 Spring Football Game

RowdyZip

Well...no thread out there yet for this one and the game is coming up tomorrow at 1pm. So what does everybody want/expect to see from the team in this game? Who is going to make the trip? The forecast is terrible (heavy rain), will the game be moved into the fieldhouse? GO ZIPS!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to attend and I too am looking forward to getting a peek at The Lone Ranger. I have lots of questions because we have lots of needs. I want to see if Broderick Alexander looks healthy and ready to step into the forefront. Will the secondary look any better? Will anyone be able to pressure the qb now that Lemon is gone? I want to know if we have any wr's who can get it done. Is TJ Marchese the answer at K?

I always look forward to watching Wags.

I guess other than that I am looking forward to seeing a spirited scrimmage with lots of guys flying to the ball.

Go Zips!

I'll definitely be there, whereever they end up playing the game. Besides the obvious curiosity surrounding The Lone Ranger, I'm also interested to see the redshirts from last year's class, especially Chisolm, Staten and Suel. I also want to see what Fleming can do at TE.

Tailgating starting around 11am, anyone else planning on showing up early?

I'll definitely be there, whereever they end up playing the game. Besides the obvious curiosity surrounding The Lone Ranger, I'm also interested to see the redshirts from last year's class, especially Chisolm, Staten and Suel. I also want to see what Fleming can do at TE.

Tailgating starting around 11am, anyone else planning on showing up early?

I'll be there a little early but be gone early as well to watch the Futbol team.

Tailgating sounds pretty good, though I just got out of the hospital and dont think i could handle such fun quite yet ha.

I dont think there will be many other people tailgating though lol

I was interested to learn that:

There will be a ceremonial coin toss just prior to the start of the contest

and relieved to learn that it will only be used to determine direction of play.

Even though there will be no live kickoffs it might not be a bad idea to have multiple ceremonial coin tosses just to practice not saying "we will kick off."

Even though there will be no live kickoffs it might not be a bad idea to have multiple ceremonial coin tosses just to practice not saying "we will kick off."

The 'meister doesn't need no stinkin' spring practice......he's already on his game :bow:

Here are my exclusive odds for the game:

Fixed Odds

Defense wins - even money

Offense wins - 3:2

Tie - 9:1

Spread

Spread - Defense (-7)

Over/Under - 53

Rushing Leader (Yards)

Zach D'Orazio - 2:1

Alexander - 3:1

Chisolm - 4:1

Staten - 4:1

Bailey - 10:1

Moore - 20:1

Nicely - 40:1

Other - 50:1

Passing Leader (Yards)

Nicely - even money

Moore - 5:4

D'Orazio - 17:1

Other - 1,000,000:1

Receiving Leader (Yards)

Suel - 2:1

Sconiers - 5:2

Hall - 5:1

Russell - 6:1

Fleming - 10:1

Meriwether - 15:1

Scoring Leader

Marchese - 5:2

Chisolm - 3:1

Suel - 4:1

Moore - 5:1

Alexander - 6:1

Wagner - 8:1

Russell - 10:1

Sconiers - 12:1

D'Orazio - 15:1

Staten - 20:1

Bailey - 30:1

Other - 100:1

Tackling Leader

Wagner - 1:5

Gilmer - 10:1

LT Smith - 12:1

Waller - 15:1

Marcoux - 25:1

Hazime - 30:1

Harvey - 30:1

Holmes - 35:1

Miscellaneous

More INTs than Passing TDs - 3:2

Crowd Over/Under - 300

Appearance by MDZip - 1,000:1

Appearance by GP1 - 10,000:1

Appearance by Lebron - 100:1

RowdyZip gets booted from the Info - 4:1 :D

Akron will win!

Don't count on it.

Anyway, I'll be there until the soccer game starts. I would rather stand in the rain and thunder to see a proven winner play another team than a bunch of losers trying not to injure themselves against teammates.

Offense vs Defense format is awful. It's the hallmark of a team with little to no depth, the scoring is convoluted, and you don't really get to see who is better at contested positions (i.e. no Nicely vs Moore).

The 'meister doesn't need no stinkin' spring practice......he's already on his game :bow:

Here are my exclusive odds for the game:

Fixed Odds

Defense wins - even money

Offense wins - 3:2

Tie - 9:1

Spread

Spread - Defense (-7)

Over/Under - 53

Rushing Leader (Yards)

Zach D'Orazio - 2:1

Alexander - 3:1

Chisolm - 4:1

Staten - 4:1

Bailey - 10:1

Moore - 20:1

Passing Leader (Yards)

Nicely - even money

Moore - 5:4

D'Orazio - 17:1

Other - 1,000,000:1

Receiving Leader (Yards)

Suel - 2:1

Sconiers - 5:2

Hall - 5:1

Russell - 6:1

Fleming - 10:1

Meriwether - 15:1

Scoring Leader

Marchese - 5:2

Chisolm - 3:1

Suel - 4:1

Moore - 5:1

Alexander - 6:1

Wagner - 8:1

Russell - 10:1

Sconiers - 12:1

D'Orazio - 15:1

Staten - 20:1

Bailey - 30:1

Tackling Leader

Wagner - 1:5

Gilmer - 10:1

LT Smith - 12:1

Waller - 15:1

Marcoux - 25:1

Hazime - 30:1

Harvey - 30:1

Holmes - 35:1

Miscellaneous

More INTs than Passing TDs - 3:2

Crowd Over/Under - 300

Appearance by MDZip - 1,000:1

Appearance by Lebron - 100:1

RowdyZip gets booted from the Info - 4:1 :D

Johnny, You should cut way back on the coffee. ;)

The Great GP1 is safely tucked away in his South Carolina home on a stormy spring day.

I think I'll keep the car in the garage today. Went to church last Saturday evening and my car now looks like a golfball because it was pelted by softball size hail. The only good thing about the storm was it came at the time of a sermon so you could not heat the guy talking....best sermon he ever gave.

Fans want to see football. The players just want the whole spring football season to be over so they can go out and get drunk tonight.

You guys are awesome. I guess I'm official not a diehard when it comes to Zips football. As much as I miss football when the season is over I couldn't stand watching this team last year against better teams....so I will not be attending a game of them against themselves.

That's pretty funny. I hadn't looked at it that way, but sadly, it's a great point.

This is pretty awesome

Please explain.

Indoors out of the rain. Kid having a great time. Face painting, animals, zippy, inflatable ramp thing. Kids clinic before the game and now a packed field house watching the scrimmage. They got it right today. Plus I see some recruits walking around having a good time.

Now tackle the golf outing... am I right?

This is pretty awesome

Please explain.

Indoors out of the rain. Kid having a great time. Face painting, animals, zippy, inflatable ramp thing. Kids clinic before the game and now a packed field house watching the scrimmage. They got it right today.

Now tackle the golf outing... am I right?

It is pretty cool.

Quite a showing by the Offense in the first half. 47-11 Three touchdowns and a field goal. All three QBs looked good and the running game showed some signs of life. The one player that stood out the most was #44 Jawon Chisholm. He showed some good speed and a good instinct for where the hole was. He was the starter and I can see why. The Defense had a couple of good stops, but no one player stood out. Overall I feel a little better about where the Zips are headed. :)

Quite a showing by the Offense in the first half. 47-11 Three touchdowns and a field goal. All three QBs looked good and the running game showed some signs of life. The one player that stood out the most was #44 Jawon Chisholm. He showed some good speed and a good instinct for where the hole was. He was the starter and I can see why. The Defense had a couple of good stops, but no one player stood out. Overall I feel a little better about where the Zips are headed. :)

You arent the only one. This team is light years ahead of where it was at this time last year. We have some new guys stepping in with talent. Chisholm has all mac talent and Moore looks to be the real deal. I like D'Orazio as well.