2011 Spring Football Game

RowdyZip

Some additional thoughts have come to mind regarding the spring game:

1. I've been trying to recall the last Zip RB in memory who hit the hole as fast as Chisholm. This one goes back a ways. The guy was Greg Lomax. Sure we've had better all-around backs since then, but Lomax hit the hole at full speed. Jawon does very much the same, but he looks like a more complete back IMHO (check out his HS youtube highlights...he has very good hands) who will likely play bigger than Greg by the time he's done.

2. It's true that we won't know for sure how much the offense has improved until a real game. BUT, I did like the execution I saw. They didn't shoot themselves in the foot, and that's definitely a step forward.

3. Dr Z seemed sort of curious as to the lack of conversation around Suel. I think part of it was because the earlier clips from camp of him showed some of his potential, and had a number of us thinking he looked to be pretty good. His play in the spring game did nothing to detract from that.

4. Keener and others hit on this and I completely agree. The defensive backfield is clearly the #1 area of concern for this team. With Richardson likely out for the year and Holmes nursing some sort of injury, we're going to need LT Smith, Seth Cunningham etc. to mature quickly for the rest of the defense to have a chance.

Good for Doug!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked the weather for Saturday...are you serious?

70 and Isolate T-Storms on Friday and 42 and showers for the Spring game.

It's spring weather, you can't predict what it will do 4 days out. Last Tuesday they called for severe T-storms over the weekend, we barely got any rain.

Channel 5 is saying 60-ish and possible showers, my phone is saying 65 and cloudy.

It will be a mid afternoon game so even T-storms on Friday just means the possibility of wet seats by 3 on Saturday.