Any Zips getting drafted?

ZachTheZip

Do any of last year's seniors have a chance to get drafted?

Shawn Lemon, maybe?. Andre Jones, Jeremy LaFrance, Jalil Carter, and Corey Woods also have a slim chance.

Did they increase the draft to 18 rounds this year? If not, then no Zips will be drafted.

Maybe someone pulls a Dejoeve Platt or Dwight Lowery, and mistakenly is associated with the Zips? We can only hope.PrayingAngel_BlueEyes-f.gif

Shawn Lemon, maybe?. Andre Jones, Jeremy LaFrance, Jalil Carter, and Corey Woods also have a slim chance.

I believe the military is still running on an all volunteer basis and, therefore, none of these young men are in danger of being drafted.

I believe the military is still running on an all volunteer basis and, therefore, none of these young men are in danger of being drafted.

:lol:

I'm trying really hard to believe that at least someone has some NFL-level skills. It's not gonna happen.

Meister earning his keep!

:lol: :lol:

Two Zips have grades that would suggest nobody is getting picked in this years NFL draft.

Can't argue too much with those ratings.

I've given more thought to the other MAC players that have been drafted. It's hard to imagine the Temple defense being nearly as stout with DT Wilkerson (not at all sorry to see him gone) and DB Jarrett being taken in the 1st and 2nd rounds respectively. Couple that with a new Owl head coach and I think the home opener has a chance of providing an interesting opportunity for the 2011 Zips.

If anybody has any questions to why the mac is terrible, click on the link above. I sure hope this changes, because it's depressing. Makes me think that there is no excuse for the Zips not to compete this season.

Nobody has mentioned this guy, but he did very well in his pro day workout. Almondo Sewell had 44 (maybe more) reps of 225 lbs which ended up being 2nd in the entire country and up there with the tops (50) of all time. He also had a pretty good (4.8 i believe it said) 40 time for a guy that is 6'1 3/4 and 297 pounds. The last i seen the NFL had him ranked as the 60th best DL out of almost 300. I could see him getting a shot to make someones team.

No Zips taken in the UFL draft. Only one MAC player was taken at all.

I think the other football leagues have a better chance to sign talent this year because of the lockout preventing free agents signing with the NFL. This puts them at a disadvantage since they can't even try out, talk to the coaches, or do anything other than work out. The CFL draft is on Sunday, although I don't think we have any players who are eligible for it. IFL draft is on June 11th.