2013 offer: 6'3" combo guard Devin Wilson

http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index....-park-transfers

Montour's Devin Wilson is a definite future Division I college prospect in football. As a receiver, he has good size (6 feet 3), athletic ability and has been very productive as a freshman and sophomore.

But as far as colleges go, Wilson might have to make a decision in the future on whether to play basketball or football.

Wilson, a sophomore at Montour, has been offered a scholarship for basketball by Akron. Wilson also said Dayton is interested in him for basketball and he will make an unofficial visit to Dayton in the near future. Look for Division I colleges to recruit him in football in the future.

Wilson plays point guard in basketball and was one of the primary reasons Montour won the WPIAL Class AAA basketball championship this past season and made it to the state title game. He is playing AAU basketball for King James in Ohio and playing in spring/summer league games for Montour.

It will be interesting to see what direction Wilson takes in the future, in terms of sports.

Devin is a 6'3" 185 lbs combo guard.

What is the down side? We offer him a football scholarsip and he plays basketball. He wants to be a two-sport athlete? Icoach owes the university some of these. Take a chance on a kid who has marginal (or better) football talent (I think it's fair to describe many of our recent recruits this way). Even if he doesn't get 4-5 "football recruiting" stars, if he can get a basketball scholarship, HE'S GOT TO BE ABLE TO CATCH!!!!! I think we could really, really use a 6'3" kid with athletic ability and decent hands, couldn't we?