Tyrell Goodman Wows at All Star Game

TexanMark

Hey guys...some good news for you. The Upstate/Downstate NY All Star game was played at the Carrier Dome today. Your recruit Tyrell Goodman was very impressive. He stood out as one of the top 2-3 players of the game. If he doesn't play QB for you...he'll be too good to keep on the sidelines. You can read the Syracuse Scout board for more snippets. I expect a decent writeup tomorrow of the game. Check Orangeyes posting of Monday Articles tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the update. June seems like a strange time for an all-star game to be played.

I don't think he'll be a QB for us, since we run a Pro offense now. We'll see though. No position should be safe after the disaster our coach led us to last season.

BTW, just found an article...Goodman was named the game's MVP.

HS all star games in NY are played in June. Syracuse Coach Dough Marrone had the idea for this game. Upstate NY is way behind Downstate NY in size and talent. The best player of the bunch might be DT Wayne Williams who didn't get the grades and is heading to JUCO (Nassau CC). Penn State and Cuse are his leaders...he might be a 4 to play 3 guy.

Thanks for posting TexanMark! :wave:

more

Nice find, Dr Z! I think Goodman definitely sees the field this fall in some capacity. Did you notice there was also a blurb about a preferred walkon RB (Sidney Weston) ZTZ had mentioned a while back?

"I wouldn't expect anything less from our guys," said Weston, who will also attend Akron but will do so as a preferred walk-on. "Everyone on this team is so good. This was fun."

Thanks for the update. June seems like a strange time for an all-star game to be played.

I don't think he'll be a QB for us, since we run a Pro offense now. We'll see though. No position should be safe after the disaster our coach led us to last season.

Will we still be running a pro offense by the time he is ready to see the playing field? ;)

Will we still be running a pro offense by the time he is ready to see the playing field? ;)

Probably, since he's very likely to play this season, being from Ianello's HS and we know how Ianello loves to reward people with connections to himself.

I think he might end up playing WR, where we are very thin on both experience and depth.

Yet another wrap-up on the game, with not much mention of Tyrell beyond him being named MVP. There is an interesting tidbit at the end with regards to a Temple recruit. It's a perfect example of why many coaches hate these games.

The game ended on a queasy note. O’Toole, who will play at Temple next season, converted the last extra point of the contest late in the fourth and was then run into by Upstate’s Charles Gary (Nottingham).

O’Toole injured his right (kicking)foot, and was screaming loud enough to be heard throughout the dome. He had to be carted off the field.