Public scrimmage?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Spin

Spin

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Interests:RN, FD, EMS. Sports fan, auto racing. Trains. Music.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

Does anyone know if ICoach is having another public scrimmage this year? My sons enjoyed that, a neat way to get football started.
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand.
They listen with the intent to reply.

#2 InTheZone

InTheZone

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

Usually the Saturday scrimmages during camp are "open", but they don't really promote them to the general public. It's a chance for a lot of the player's families and friends to come up and see them at an otherwise closed camp. If Ianello follows the same schedule as every other college football program in America, you can bank on there being a scrimmage every Saturday the players are in camp, so if you want to go just blend in with the family members and no one will say anything to you.

#3 Spin

Spin

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Interests:RN, FD, EMS. Sports fan, auto racing. Trains. Music.

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:58 AM

Usually the Saturday scrimmages during camp are "open", but they don't really promote them to the general public. It's a chance for a lot of the player's families and friends to come up and see them at an otherwise closed camp. If Ianello follows the same schedule as every other college football program in America, you can bank on there being a scrimmage every Saturday the players are in camp, so if you want to go just blend in with the family members and no one will say anything to you.

OK. Last year he had one at the Info for everybody, even MC'ed it. Unless the turnout wasn't worth it (IIRC the weather was bad). I'll check on those other ones.
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand.
They listen with the intent to reply.

#4 Aaron

Aaron

Zip ambassador to Canada

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:01 AM

There's a public scrimmage (maybe meet the team as well?) event on August 20th. This was passed on to me from a Zips ticket office employee when I updated my season ticket info.

#5 Zips Win!

Zips Win!

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:05 PM

The Saturday scrimmages are not open. The have an idiot pacing in front of the gate making sure you do not look in.

You need to be on the list or Sgt. Schultz will get you...

#6 ZachTheZip

ZachTheZip

Only a Zips fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,602 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:27 AM

There's a public scrimmage (maybe meet the team as well?) event on August 20th. This was passed on to me from a Zips ticket office employee when I updated my season ticket info.

It's a practice. If you go in expecting a scrimmage you'll be disappointed. They will have some of the Zipfest stuff up in the stadium for the kids. It's the closest we'll get to a public scrimmage event.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users