ABJ Article on Zips' Canada Trip

Blue & Gold

FWIW - Brian Wagner went to a D-6 high school. He competes pretty well on the D-1 level.

I recall Hipsher recruit Kevin Covert. He averaged 32ppg in high school, and was totally overwhelmed in his short stint @ UA. Brian Wood was Colorado's all-time leading scorer. He couldn't get a shot off at the D-1 level.

But times are different today. The AAU circuit gives small school kids the ability to play, and be evaluated against, top-tier competition. I am sure Justice can ball.

FWIW - Brian Wagner went to a D-6 high school. He competes pretty well on the D-1 level.

I recall Hipsher recruit Kevin Covert. He averaged 32ppg in high school, and was totally overwhelmed in his short stint @ UA. Brian Wood was Colorado's all-time leading scorer. He couldn't get a shot off at the D-1 level.

But times are different today. The AAU circuit gives small school kids the ability to play, and be evaluated against, top-tier competition. I am sure Justice can ball.

I concur. Justice is not a set shot shooter like poor Brian Wood was.

I watched Blake pop shot after shot during a give and go drill. These are jump shots. He was

impressive from both sides. Beautiful stroke with great follow through. You'll love his shot.

..... But times are different today. The AAU circuit gives small school kids the ability to play, and be evaluated against, top-tier competition. I am sure Justice can ball.

Really good point, CK. HS size is irrelevant in AAU competition. The best from the small schools get to play against the best from the big schools. A small HS player who can perform well against top big HS players in AAU won't be at a disadvantage in going directly from small HS competition to DI college competition.

The following link about how Blake Justice performed in AAU competition a couple of years ago was posted in an earlier Justice thread:

Justice's return helps fuel Team CBIZ at the Bill Hensley Memorial Run ‘N Slam

..... But times are different today. The AAU circuit gives small school kids the ability to play, and be evaluated against, top-tier competition. I am sure Justice can ball.

Really good point, CK. HS size is irrelevant in AAU competition. The best from the small schools get to play against the best from the big schools. A small HS player who can perform well against top big HS players in AAU won't be at a disadvantage in going directly from small HS competition to DI college competition.

The following link about how Blake Justice performed in AAU competition a couple of years ago was posted in an earlier Justice thread:

Justice's return helps fuel Team CBIZ at the Bill Hensley Memorial Run ‘N Slam

Diebler scored around 44PPG in a small division school and did pretty well at OSU, when I assumed he would struggle greatly. So it can translate, just as the above poster points out, AAU gives them the chance to show their talent against better teams than he would see in the season.

Good point. It's 2011. If you are good, you get found. Coaches and players today can put together a film and send it out via e-mail. That e-mail can reach 200 coaches in seconds. It's not 1980 where you have to put together individual films and drage them off to the post office.