Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZachTheZip

WBB commitment

13 posts in this topic

5'10" Katie Nunan commits to play for Jodi Kest and the Zips.

It doesn't say what position she plays, but I would guess a 2 or 3 based on her height.

ESPN calls her a four (PF). I've seen 5-10/5-11 ladies who are able to be great rebounders in the mid-major level. Hopefully she gives a good game at both ends and can spot up from outside. Apparently coach Kest has finished her I-coach era and now has the people to play her style of game. This is a big season coming up, the team needs to continue improving and become an East contender into March. Go get 'em Wahine Zips!

I've heard things about her from people I know that used to coach her. She's a really good player. Don't be surprise if Jodi Kest doesn't redshirt her...

Looks like she's transferring out after a disappointing freshman year. Probably should have been redshirted.

Looks like she's transferring out after a disappointing freshman year. Probably should have been redshirted.

Where'd you see this?

Zips steal one from K.E.N.T.

Lindsay getting canned was a big factor, but UA's coaches and facilities were as well :thumb:

I've never seen a basketball recruit article that didn't list the player's position, or height?

I think that gives us 6 commitments for the class of 2012. With four seniors graduating and a sophomore PG transferring out, look for one more player to transfer unless we were already under the scholarship limit.

Class of 2012:

Signed:

6' 0" F Katie Nunan, Fairmont HS, West Virginia

5' 11" G DiAndra Gibson, Ravenna HS, Ohio

6' 1" C Jasmine Wood, Waverly HS, Michigan

Verbal (will sign soon):

5' 9" PG Megan Barilla, Magnificat HS, Ohio

Anita Brown, Warren HS, Ohio

Transfer:

6' 2" DeAnna Thompson, Vincennes Junior College

I've never seen a basketball recruit article that didn't list the player's position, or height?

Well you won't be able to say that anymore.