Canada Game Updates

dboze

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the updates! Keep them coming, please. I'm jealous you were able to make the trip!

I'm actually here in Pittsburgh. There's a guy on Twitter that's at the game giving me updates. I wish I was there too!

Latest score: 75-37. He said that Zeke is playing well. Blocking shots and finishing. They have no answer for him.

Akron wins game 1 of their CAN tour. 112-59

Just FYI, the tallest player on Sheridan's squad is 6'5 and they do not offer athletic scholarships in the CIS. I wouldn't take too much from the score, the Zips should roll in all of these games. Carleton is one of the premier Canadian programs however and should put up a good fight. They are about D2 level in talent as they get a number of D1 transfers who don't pan out in the States. Not a bad test at all, but a lot of these programs are scrubs compared to Division 1 players. Sheridan has forwards in the 6'2-6'4 range which is more along the lines of bad high schools in the states, but is quite the norm north of the border.

I'd like to hear more about how the players picked up the coaches schemes, team chemistry, and fluidity on the court. Things like how the bench played, which groups of players played well together, and who started are good things to take from these games. As any D1 coach will tell you, these trips are much more about the practices than the games, which have little benefit in and of themselves.

Just FYI, the tallest player on Sheridan's squad is 6'5 and they do not offer athletic scholarships in the CIS. I wouldn't take too much from the score, the Zips should roll in all of these games. Carleton is one of the premier Canadian programs however and should put up a good fight. They are about D2 level in talent as they get a number of D1 transfers who don't pan out in the States. Not a bad test at all, but a lot of these programs are scrubs compared to Division 1 players. Sheridan has forwards in the 6'2-6'4 range which is more along the lines of bad high schools in the states, but is quite the norm north of the border.

I'd like to hear more about how the players picked up the coaches schemes, team chemistry, and fluidity on the court. Things like how the bench played, which groups of players played well together, and who started are good things to take from these games. As any D1 coach will tell you, these trips are much more about the practices than the games, which have little benefit in and of themselves.

http://www.scgenerals.com/mbball/roster.asp

It's actually 6'8, with numerous 6'7 players.

No it's not. You're not playing that Sheridan. That's a JUCO in Wyoming.

You're playing this Sheridan: http://www.sheridanbruins.com/pages/pop.php?name=mb

You're playing this Sheridan: http://www.sheridanbruins.com/pages/pop.php?name=mb

Thanks. I was just about to point that out.

Today was more of a chemistry-building session. Our expected starters started, but I bet they didn't stay in too long. I want to see stats: who shots threes, who was pulling down offensive rebounds, things like that.

The final score of the games may not mean a whole lot on this trip, but I guarantee you that if this had been a 55-54 nailbiter it would be all out panic mode here at the ZNO.

Glad to hear that Zeke had a good game, although it is hard to imagine a bad game for him going up against a bunch of 6'5" and under guys.

Interesting starting lineup. I presume Harney started at the PF spot. I really doubt it was Nitro or Q. Not sure what this says about Egner and Tree, but I had always been under the impression that Harney was more of a SF.

Ahhh. Thank you sir. My bad. Haha.

Ahhh. Thank you sir. My bad. Haha.

No worries man. Happens to the best of us.

I suspect that KD was rewarding Harney for doing well in practice, which is pretty much what GoZips has been saying all along. Doesn't mean that Harney will be near the top of the charts when the season starts. It may be that KD was just interested in seeing how Harney could handle game conditions. Depending on how he responded, it also may be a good early indication that Harney has the potential to make a meaningful contribution as a true freshman.

When the tallest player on the opposing team is 6-5, about the only Zips player who couldn't match up at power forward would be Rico.