Scholarship Chart

3 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

I wonder if there was any conversation here? A local kid, 6’10”, a stretch 4 who can shoot

I doubt it. Appearing in only 10 games for an OU squad that was bitten by the injury bug and flat out blew last year isn't exactly enticing. Only shot 22% from the field, too. With Walsh, he'll still be getting his education paid for, and Walsh has fine academics. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I doubt it. Appearing in only 10 games for an OU squad that was bitten by the injury bug and flat out blew last year isn't exactly enticing. Only shot 22% from the field, too. With Walsh, he'll still be getting his education paid for, and Walsh has fine academics. 

He missed the 1st half of season do to injury, I’m not defending him at all, i’ve seen him play a lot, his knock is he has always been skinny & soft & needs to get in weight room, with that said i have seen him play on a AAU team with Kyle Young at Ohio State, Derek Koch that was at Bowling Green last year & Dustin Burkhart who plays WR at Akron.  They beat the King James team in the King James tourney in semifinals here in Akron & lost to a team by a couple points from Oregon, Washington & Canada area in Championship 

Anyway, he worked nice on that team as a stretch 4 bringing a big out of key & could shoot the 3, but they had Young & Koch who cleaned up the glass, I believe at the time they was the #1 team in State according to a spectator I guess since they beat All Ohio Red the week before beating King James

Edited by 94zipgrad

• 4 months later...

@ZipWatcher, would you mind taking the time to update the scholarship chart?

Next year it's getting confusing again with Ivey being our only senior we'll be losing and us bringing in three players - 1 JUCO product who will be a Junior (Camron Reece), one prep school product who should be a Sophomore (Mikal Dawson) and one high school senior who will of course be a true Freshman (Ali Ali).

That should fill out next year's on-scholarship roster with:

Seniors: 7 (Daniel Utomi, Tyler Cheese, Deng Riak, Channel Banks, Jeremy Roscoe, E-man Olojakpoke, Xeyrius Williams)

Juniors: 6 (Camron Reece, Loren Cristian Jackson, Eric Hester, LePear Toles, Jaden Sayles, Mark Kostelac)

Sophomores: 2 (Mikal Dawson, Khadim Gueye)

Freshmen: 1 (Ali Ali)

Total: 16

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

@ZipWatcher, would you mind taking the time to update the scholarship chart?

Next year it's getting confusing again with Ivey being our only senior we'll be losing and us bringing in three players - 1 JUCO product who will be a Junior (Camron Reece), one prep school product who should be a Sophomore (Mikal Dawson) and one high school senior who will of course be a true Freshman (Ali Ali).

That should fill out next year's on-scholarship roster with:

Seniors: 5 (Daniel Utomi, Tyler Cheese, Deng Riak, Channel Banks, Jeremy Roscoe, E-man Olojakpoke)

Juniors: 6 (Camron Reece, Loren Cristian Jackson, Eric Hester, LePear Toles, Jaden Sayles, Mark Kostelac)

Sophomores: 3 (Mikal Dawson, Xeyrius Williams, Khadim Gueye)

Freshmen: 1 (Ali Ali)

Total: 15

You can not have 15 scholarships in D1 Men's basketball.  Women are allowed 15.  Men only 13.  Nice roster list you made but not material for an accurate update to the chart.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UAZippers said:

Xeyrius Williams will be a senior next season, not a sophomore right?

You're right!  Here's an article from the Dayton Daily News stating he'll have one year of eligibility left.  I'll edit my above post.  That gives us a very senior-laden class next season.

1. Man is our roster stacked with athleticism

2. Out of all of next season's listed Juniors and Seniors, the only player I can presently envision transferring would be Mark Kostelac.  

Edited by Blue & Gold

When asked about this very scenario back at Illinois, Groce would simply reply; "I can count".

My best guess is Groce decided he's not just giving out scholarships at this point, he's giving out opportunities to compete for scholarships. There will be plenty of attrition again next year. But this time when the dust clears there should still be a full roster in place. Not like this year, where it feels like we are rebuilding again for a second season.

Edited by Illini Zip
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I suspect Gueye is still suspended pending a University due process procedure, so his scholarship technically may not be out of the mix yet.  I'm not whether K-lac's would have been withdrawn given the late nature of his move to the transfer portal and the start of the semester.  As such, I suspect there's no scholarship money to give a walk on.

2 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I suspect Gueye is still suspended pending a University due process procedure, so his scholarship technically may not be out of the mix yet.  I'm not whether K-lac's would have been withdrawn given the late nature of his move to the transfer portal and the start of the semester.  As such, I suspect there's no scholarship money to give a walk on.

Oh.

6 hours ago, dirtyolcrowe said:

Thank You!!!!!

You're welcome guys. It wasn't a completely selfless act. I have been looking for this grid myself ever since I arrived. I am willing to keep it going so if anybody has updates or corrections you are free to private message me.

Edited by Illini Zip
  • Thanks 1