Scholarship Chart

5 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

X played defense at the level DJ Cooper scored at last weekend. He had his share of points too, valuable guy playing like that

X and Carry is going to be fun next year. His effort level on the defensive end of the floor added probably 16-20 phantom points to his point total. Man was he fun to watch. 

@LZIp We go from 2.5 true guards on this team to 5-6 next year. I think the backup point guard position is already taken care of with the influx of talent and Clarke's development.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 11:15 AM, Illini Zip said:

I did update the chart last night to the best of my understanding. I will copy it here at the end of the thread.

Mitchell-johnson redshirt8.png

Thanks for this. Is there any way we can get it in the OP position of this (pinned) thread, if Zip Watcher has 'retired' ?

1 minute ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Is it safe to assume Trimble was no longer going to be part of this program after this year anyways, considering we pre-filled his scholarship? 

calculating the hangover GIF

Yeah.  We knew someone would have to decide to/be encouraged to transfer out, but most of us were speculating it'd be Wynn.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Verbal Commits has a new player on our roster.  A JUCO shooting guard named Jacob Tracey.  Says he is from Indian River State College and originally from DME Sports Academy in Fort Myers, FL for HS.  Lists him as 6-4 & 200 pounds.  Had scholarship offers from Illinois State, Fresno State, ECU, Bryant, Buffalo, Nevada, San Jose State, Coppin State, and Canisius.

Welcome, Jacob!  Go Zips!

I am looking at Jacob Tracey's Verbal Commit page. Are you certain this is a commit and not just an offer?

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2022 at 9:28 PM, Blue & Gold said:

Having said that, it looks like someone is transferring out if we're offering JUCO's.  Jacob Tracey's offer wasn't listed yesterday.

the transfer portal is oddly quiet for MAC teams.  Apart from the Ball State exodus, no notable players are leaving their programs.  And I don't see any openings for the Zips.

Just now, NWAkron said:

the transfer portal is oddly quiet for MAC teams.  Apart from the Ball State exodus, no notable players are leaving their programs.  And I don't see any openings for the Zips.

Neither do I, and I’ve been checking on a daily basis. Looks like everyone is staying. Jacob Tracey’s offer must’ve been provisional on someone wishing to transfer out.

1 hour ago, AkronAlumnus said:

Hopefully Akron can land an athletic shooter or an impact stretch-player with the departure of Kalle. 

I figured BVP was done with college ball, but this could be just what the doctor ordered. I imagine he's trying to go higher though.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1