Scholarship Chart

Okay, we discuss this from time-to-time, but I'm obviously slow on the uptake. I'm confused about this.

We have 13 scholarships to hand out. Currently all 13 are used.

After this year we lose Reggie McAdams, Jake Kretzer and Pat Forsythe.

That opens up THREE scholarships for next year.

But we've got FIVE verbal commits for next year: Craig Eubanks, Tavian Dunn-Martin, Isaiah Williams, Jordan Davis, and Michael Hughes.

That puts us 2 over the limit.

What gives? Everyone on the current roster seems quite happy being a Zip. The only player I could see possibly transferring elsewhere to look for more playing time is Aaron Jackson, but he seems to simply love being on the team. I just don't see how the numbers work out.

• 1 month later...

Okay, we discuss this from time-to-time, but I'm obviously slow on the uptake. I'm confused about this.

We have 13 scholarships to hand out. Currently all 13 are used.

After this year we lose Reggie McAdams, Jake Kretzer and Pat Forsythe.

That opens up THREE scholarships for next year.

But we've got FIVE verbal commits for next year: Craig Eubanks, Tavian Dunn-Martin, Isaiah Williams, Jordan Davis, and Michael Hughes.

That puts us 2 over the limit.

What gives? Everyone on the current roster seems quite happy being a Zip. The only player I could see possibly transferring elsewhere to look for more playing time is Aaron Jackson, but he seems to simply love being on the team. I just don't see how the numbers work out.

Early signing period is now closed with all 4 players announced plus the previous discussion on Eubanks. It will be interesting to see what happens after the season to open up the 2 schollies needed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/27/2015 at 7:38 PM, akronzips71 said:

Three of these guys seem much too heavy for their height. We need athletes, not boat anchors.

You mean like First Team All MAC and Sixth Man of the Year Isaiah Johnson?

Edited by GoZips
spelling
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

Keep Big Dog, he is not easily replaceable. Keep Josh Williams, tremendous upside potential. Keep Antino. After that, I'm not sure.

These are the guys that I see definitely staying

Big Dog - No explanation needed

Antino - Shows great athleticism and is one of few guards that can get to the rim.

Robotham - Young and shows lots of promise

Josh Williams - Out of all the freshman he is the one that made the rotation. Expect him to take a more active role next year as Zips will need his 3 point shooting

Ivey - A great athlete. That steal and fast break dunk vs. OSU put that on display. Would have liked to see him play more

Kwan - 1 of the few bigs on next years roster that has received legit minutes. He will be a senior and is perhaps our best defender.

From there IDK. I'd guess the cuts would come from Eubanks and/or the 8 freshman/sophomore we would have on the roster.

3 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/index.ssf/2016/03/akron_zips_41.html

Elton of the PD talking about adding fresh talent.

I'm really close to signing up an ID to refute the jealous OU fool that takes his time to comment on every UA story on Cleveland.com...and then again I love the jealousy. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...