Cincinnati

ZachTheZip

Depends on how often the play calling allows him to throw. Despite being perpetually behind, the coaches have called running plays 56 times compared to 53 attempted passes. Normally you throw a whole lot more often than you run when you're down by more than a touchdown. Last season we ran almost twice as often as we threw.I'm also concerned about Moore's completion percentage. 42.9% is pretty terrible. Isn't a low comp % the reason we replaced Nicely?

I'm also concerned about Moore's completion percentage. 42.9% is pretty terrible. Isn't a low comp % the reason we replaced Nicely?
For me, that should have sent PN to the bench a long time ago. So, I will hold Moore to the same standard.Remember...he hasn't had the luxury of throwing against EMU, Buffalo, Can't or a 1-AA team yet either, which better be enough to bring those numbers up significantly. I'll say this again, even though I do NOT want to be put in the same category of those making excuses for our QB for the last two years. But....most people think that our protection and dropped ball problems were worse than ever Saturday night. Losing all of our skill guys, and a few OLs HAD to be a big concern to all of us going into the season. Our backs are having problems even holding onto dump passes. And Carter and LaFrance suddenly must be looking like All-Americans to us, compared to what we saw last weekend. But again, in my opinion, I could see a QB using this as an excuse as to why his numbers should be better. But, regardless of the circumstances, I still believe that somewhere in the 50-60 range should be an ABSOLUTE MINIMUM for a college QB.

I'm also concerned about Moore's completion percentage. 42.9% is pretty terrible. Isn't a low comp % the reason we replaced Nicely?
For me, that should have sent PN to the bench a long time ago. So, I will hold Moore to the same standard.Remember...he hasn't had the luxury of throwing against EMU, Buffalo, Can't or a 1-AA team yet either, which better be enough to bring those numbers up significantly. I'll say this again, even though I do NOT want to be put in the same category of those making excuses for our QB for the last two years. But....most people think that our protection and dropped ball problems were worse than ever Saturday night. Losing all of our skill guys, and a few OLs HAD to be a big concern to all of us going into the season. Our backs are having problems even holding onto dump passes. And Carter and LaFrance suddenly must be looking like All-Americans to us, compared to what we saw last weekend. But again, in my opinion, I could see a QB using this as an excuse as to why his numbers should be better. But, regardless of the circumstances, I still believe that somewhere in the 50-60 range should be an ABSOLUTE MINIMUM for a college QB.
Please don't assume that games against those teams will prove to be any more productive. Frankly when Ianello decided to go with a QB who had never played in his system,and,as far as I know never threw a pass at the DI level and didn't actually show anything more in 'pre-season' than Nicely,it said to me that he was starting all over again. Ianello isn't in it to win much if anything this year. He knows he as at least 1 if not 2 more years before the AD actually expects any consistent winning.

Please don't assume that games against those teams will prove to be any more productive. .....
As a matter of fact, I don't think any reasonable person should expect anything less than Moore and the rest of the Zips offense being more productive against the weaker defenses they will face in some of their remaining games than they have been against the two stronger defenses they've already faced.To think otherwise defies all logic.

Please don't assume that games against those teams will prove to be any more productive. Frankly when Ianello decided to go with a QB who had never played in his system,and,as far as I know never threw a pass at the DI level and didn't actually show anything more in 'pre-season' than Nicely,it said to me that he was starting all over again. Ianello isn't in it to win much if anything this year. He knows he as at least 1 if not 2 more years before the AD actually expects any consistent winning.
WAIT,, Didnt Coach I have a QB last year who had never played in his system? Hadnt been impressed with the Lone Ranger. So why not try Nicely again,,maye give him more then 2 minutes at the end of a game and were not DOWN by 40

Pretty sad that my HOPE for this game is:UC scores less than 50.We score a TD at any point.If I were to get greedy:UC scores less than 40.We score 10+ including a TD when it still means something.I do remember feeling some of the same hopelessness against IU last year...and we ended up playing pretty well.

WAIT,, Didnt Coach I have a QB last year who had never played in his system? Hadnt been impressed with the Lone Ranger. So why not try Nicely again,,maye give him more then 2 minutes at the end of a game and were not DOWN by 40
Just a question: Are you saying that about 20 games of starter duty over a two year period was inadequate as far as "giving him a try"? Just like everyone else, I don't have any idea how this QB switch is going to work out, but right now, Moore is the one who looks better to the coaches, and apparently earned the right. Would 2 games against two of the strongest teams on our schedule seem adequate to you, considering the 20 games during which we "gave a try" to the alternative?Unless the coaches see an established platoon situation as our best option, I don't want to see us scrapping everything we're doing in practice and switching starting QBs back and forth on a whim.

I lived in Cincinnati for 7 years, so if anyone needs info just let me know. Of course, I have now been away for 10 years, so the info might be bad.Jungle Jim's is awesome= impressive wall of beer!!
Please help me out. I'm looking for an exceptional selection of Rhone varietals. :D I was a bit disappointed by the World of Wines store in Northridge. Although I was shocked that they sold Spire cider @ $4.40 for 4 when I've been paying over $2 for a single bottle in Hawaii! ;)

. Lee Adams you my friend have hit the nail on the head. Ianello said he wants a leader in the huddle, how about excecuting the plays. The problem with this team was not the QB postion. I thought this was the year PN7 was going to break out, for all the kid has been through you'd think he deserved his shot at righting the ship. I don't know how long this experiment will continue with Moore.Please don't assume that games against those teams will prove to be any more productive. Frankly when Ianello decided to go with a QB who had never played in his system,and,as far as I know never threw a pass at the DI level and didn't actually show anything more in 'pre-season' than Nicely,it said to me that he was starting all over again. Ianello isn't in it to win much if anything this year. He knows he as at least 1 if not 2 more years before the AD actually expects any consistent winning.

I wondered why Nicely wasn't named the starter to at least begin the season. See if a year in Ianello's system allowed him to improve on the field. If he didn't show significant improvement after a few games THEN get Moore behind center. That would have given Moore some additional time to get familiar with the new system and the game at the DI level. Apparently the decision to start Moore was not based solely on performance in the spring or the summer. Thats OK,to an extent. But now we are hearing Moore saying what any kid in a new situation would say. Its going to take time for him to get adjusted. The problems with this team go beyond just the QB. But,it sure makes things a lot tougher when the QB struggles.

Article on Bearcat QB Zach Collaros.It's a painful reminder of how close we came to beating Brian Kelly and the Bearcats in 2008.Although his recollection on Frye winning the MAC championship is a bit off, it does indicate that he followed the Zips for a while because of his cousin (still trying to recall who was the center on those Zip teams). I remember seeing Zach play for Steubenville against Northwest in the state playoffs in Massillon. I wonder why the Zips never pursued him?

Article on Bearcat QB Zach Collaros.It's a painful reminder of how close we came to beating Brian Kelly and the Bearcats in 2008.Although his recollection on Frye winning the MAC championship is a bit off, it does indicate that he followed the Zips for a while because of his cousin (still trying to recall who was the center on those Zip teams). I remember seeing Zach play for Steubenville against Northwest in the state playoffs in Massillon. I wonder why the Zips never pursued him?
Andy Wills

Andy Wills
Thanks! Sort of goes well with Billy Mills :D

Please don't assume that games against those teams will prove to be any more productive. Frankly when Ianello decided to go with a QB who had never played in his system,and,as far as I know never threw a pass at the DI level and didn't actually show anything more in 'pre-season' than Nicely,it said to me that he was starting all over again. Ianello isn't in it to win much if anything this year. He knows he as at least 1 if not 2 more years before the AD actually expects any consistent winning.One component of Consitent Winning is Consitent Recruiting...If we consistently recruit like the incoming 2012 class... we better get used to 0-11 seasons.There's always SOCCER.