Sign in to follow this  
K92

The Beer Thread

5 hours ago, Dr Z said:

Drink some Hofbräuhaus with KD and coach Bowden.

hof_beer.jpeg

I saw something the other day that said Akron is closest place to watch a division 1 football game from Cleveland (duh). A lot of the alumni are there. Glad to see them marketing the area and would like to see more of it from UA in general. I hate when I go to an Indians game and see Toledo advertising.

Don't buy this beer. I have 5 of them left in my refrigerator and don't know how I will suffer through them. Squeeze watermelon rind juice in a Fat Tire and you'll get an idea of what this nasty swill is all about.

13398388_529572643834665_1128365816_n.jp

• Like 1

I told you I was stockpiling stouts for tailgating, right?  In a moment of weakness, I popped the top on this one tonight.  Good Lord.  I think I'm in RIS heaven.86c5c0ad76fe2c79c9447974c160728a_640x640

Nobody posts in this thread anymore, but if anyone still reads it, I have some fantastic news.  El Lupulo Libre hit the stores in bombers today.  $6.99!

22540172_1777660229199229_13368604777876

Entering a craft pilsner phase and I can definitely recommend giving Gringolandia Super Pils a try (by 5 Rabbits Brewery in Chicago).

Lagunitas Pils, not so much.

Edited by ZippyRulz

Thanks ZippyRulz

I visited my nephew and his wife in Munster IN over the weekend and he took me to a local brewery called 3 Floyds and I had an Arctic Panzer Wolf Pilsner that was freakin' awesome, plus high % content and I got buzzed on just 2!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

.... local brewery called 3 Floyds and I had an Arctic Panzer Wolf Pilsner that was freakin' awesome

I can recommend 3 Flyods Alpha Klaus on tap at your local Winking Lizard. 

1 hour ago, Dr Z said:

I can recommend 3 Flyods Alpha Klaus on tap at your local Winking Lizard. 

Really??!!  Someone said they saw a 3 floyds at Ray’s in Kent a while ago when I told them about it.  Wow!  I am psyched now...maybe they’ll have zips toledo on tomorrow evening....thanks Doc

I go to Ray's Place a lot in the summer, but never in the winter. I know they had some sort of IPA 3 Flyods on tap this summer. I'm not an IPA fan, so it went in one ear, and out the other. They did have Old Speckled Hen on tap this summer. Probably my favorite english ale. 

This Ray's list says it was updated 1/1/18, but I know they get new things weekly. 

On 1/5/2018 at 6:55 AM, Dr Z said:

I go to Ray's Place a lot in the summer, but never in the winter. I know they had some sort of IPA 3 Flyods on tap this summer. I'm not an IPA fan, so it went in one ear, and out the other. They did have Old Speckled Hen on tap this summer. Probably my favorite english ale. 

This Ray's list says it was updated 1/1/18, but I know they get new things weekly. 

Hey there Doc...I found myself in Munster IN last night on business and found the 3 Floyds Brewhouse.  Wow!  Rather strange place but had a blast.  Obscure music all on vinyl, some decent pub food, and best of all some great beers.  First went with the Behemoth, a delightful Barley Wine with lots of hops and a caramel taste, pretty strong %.  Then went to a Yum Yum,  a solid paleale, and finished off the evening with a Lazersnake.  Hotel was half a mile away so the drive back was mercifully short.

9 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

Hey there Doc...I found myself in Munster IN last night on business and found the 3 Floyds Brewhouse.  Wow!  Rather strange place but had a blast.  Obscure music all on vinyl, some decent pub food, and best of all some great beers.  First went with the Behemoth, a delightful Barley Wine with lots of hops and a caramel taste, pretty strong %.  Then went to a Yum Yum,  a solid paleale, and finished off the evening with a Lazersnake.  Hotel was half a mile away so the drive back was mercifully short.

ZV, my favorite FFF:

Three-Floyds-Blot-Out-the-Sun-Imperial-Sthree-floyds-moloko-stout-2010.pngThree-Floyds-Pig-Destroyer-Pale-Ale.png

Hopefully I get to try this some day:

Three-Floyds-Dark-Lord-Imperial-Stout-la

• Like 1

Had a "Naughty or Nice" Christmas Ale on tap at a bar in Twinsburg a couple nights ago. I thought it was outstanding. It had the viscosity and body of Great Lakes, but much more spice-forward. 

Mucky Duck Brewery

Mucky-Duck-Brewing-Company-Nauti-Or-Nice